Random Thoughts

Discussion in 'Butler Basketball' started by willisbrown, May 25, 2019.

1. dawgs2014

dawgs2014 Well-Known Member

Money:
    $10,283
    NFL head coaches are collectively idiots. The frequency with which they demonstrate an active misunderstanding of the math related to the situation that they’re in is incredible.

Sent from my iPhone using Butler Hoops

2. Danville Bulldog

Danville Bulldog Well-Known Member VIP Member

Money:
    $2,386
    Does Butler have a game tomorrow?

3. ButlerGoalie

ButlerGoalie Well-Known Member

Money:
    $3,349
    Yeah I heard they’re playing some small-time college in Philly. I’m not a meteorologist, but I’m predicting a ton of thunderdunks!

Sent from my iPhone using Butler Hoops mobile app

4. ButlerNut

ButlerNut Well-Known Member VIP Member

Money:
    $8,835
    I took TB -8.5 and LA -3.5

Sent from my iPad using Butler Hoops mobile app

willisbrown likes this.
  5. willisbrown

willisbrown Well-Known Member

Money:
    $16,029
    I ended up doing a 6 point two team tease (TB and KC) which hit and my uncle talked me into SF money line. Like everything else, while in Mississippi...things just taste better. Winner.

Think I may go oppo you and put my chips with Kyler Murray tomorrow.

ButlerNut likes this.
  6. butlerguy03

butlerguy03 Well-Known Member

Money:
    $3,486
    I went 4-1 on +100 Same Game Parlays on DK. I tend to hit those at about 65-75% in NFL. 1 pending tonight, clinched $$ this weekend.

7. willisbrown

Money:
    $16,029
    Yep...it's rather fun betting on the Monday game knowing you're playing with house money. Like you said, already secured a weekend in the black so, tonight is like a free bet. And should be a very entertaining game.

8. PSUButlerFan

PSUButlerFan Well-Known Member

Money:
    $19,636
    Sadly can’t bet in Utah. So I had my mom back home in Iowa log in to my app to place one bet - DK offered a “hammer the over” for Bills/Pats. Got down to 5 points at -110 (max bet of $25). So as long as the game didn’t end 3-0, I win a free $23. Hit right away. Didn’t place any other bets. Will just stick to taking those free money ones until I’m in a betting state.

ButlerNut likes this.
  9. butlerguy03

Money:
    $3,486
    Those are great and all, but they kill my stock price. They show weakness in overall cash movement. I'm a pretty significant owner of DKNG. Got in at $3 for most of my shares.

PSUButlerFan and dawgs2014 like this.
  10. BoyGeoff

BoyGeoff Well-Known Member VIP Member

Money:
    $1,266
    Famous last words from any degenerate gambler in some kinda 12 step dialogue.

11. willisbrown

Money:
    $16,029
    Rehab is for quitters. Let's make that money.

12. BulldogsFTW

BulldogsFTW Well-Known Member

Money:
    $942
    I cashed a $25 ticket for Steelers Defense 1st TD scorer last night at +4000. So I've got that going for me, which is nice.

willisbrown and PSUButlerFan like this.
  13. dawgs2014

Money:
    $10,283
    This is the funniest thing you’ve ever posted.

willisbrown likes this.
  14. PSUButlerFan

PSUButlerFan Well-Known Member

Money:
    $19,636
    Seriously?!

That’s basically pissing $25 down the toilet, and yet you won $1,000?!?!

2xDawg and Cranjis McBasketball like this.
  15. willisbrown

Money:
    $16,029
    To be fair, I am a degenerate gambler. Just wish I had enough time to hit the tables in Mississippi this weekend.

PS-Auburn is damn good.

BoyGeoff likes this.
  16. BulldogsFTW

Money:
    $942
    Yeah, the first TD markets are kinda wonky. I hit long odds props on those at what seems like a much higher than average rate. Don't always hit, but the odds pay out well enough to justify sprinkling on here and there. DK used to offer a money back promo if your first TD bet scored an anytime TD. I started betting it regularly back then, and realized there are a few things that seem to hit at high numbers. In particular, I like betting QB's to score first if they are at all athletic. If the teams are bad, I like to sprinkle on both Defenses since they are always long odds, and then its the usual suspects (Davante Adams, Kupp, Evans, Taylor).

Also have cleaned up by betting SGPs on dominant players. Johnathan Taylor First TD+ JT 2 or more TD's has hit a few times at great odds, but late in the year they started nerfing the odds on JT down. Have also hit this on Davante Adams, Aaron Jones, and Zeke.

Have also reluctantly cleaned up betting against Butler covering 1H spreads.

PSUButlerFan likes this.
  17. dawgs2014

Money:
    $10,283
    40:1 actually seems about right as far as odds go. The Steelers scored 1 defensive td this year, so right there you get 34:1. Now they’re playing the chiefs who are probably less likely than normal to allow one. 40:1 seems pretty reasonable.

It wouldn’t surprise me if it’s slightly better odds than it should be bc only one defensive td on the year seems a bit low, but I can’t build a case that it’s egregious.

18. BulldogsFTW

Money:
    $942
    Oh, for sure I am a degenerate gambler who has convinced myself the odds are better than I think and hit often enough to have some confirmation bias mixed in.

19. UDDawg

UDDawg Well-Known Member

Money:
    $9,984
    Not trying to get anyone in trouble, but I’m not as into sports gambling as I thought I would be since it got legalized, and it’s all because of the taxes. Am I overcomplicating how that process works? I’m just lazy and cheap and don’t want to add any more tax forms than truly necessary.

20. butlerguy03

Money:
    $3,486
    I just roll my winnings into more bets. I think I withdrew money one time honestly. It's playtime. Most taxes are included in your odds already and unless you are winning real money and withdrawing on a regular basis, I wouldn't worry about it too much.