Random Thoughts

Discussion in 'Butler Basketball' started by willisbrown, May 25, 2019.

1. willisbrown

willisbrown Well-Known Member

Money:
    $16,029
    Although last night was uninspiring...it was simply "let's get in and out without injury and get these points"...I expect to see more intensity and much better play come this weekend against the Canadians. Throw all your eggs in that basket because if we can get the 3 up there...a World Cup is spot damn near secured.

jkcdawgs likes this.
  2. jkcdawgs

jkcdawgs Well-Known Member

Money:
    $2,763
    I wonder why they always f*** around in the first half. This squad is so much more deadly when they’re on the front foot.

3. willisbrown

Money:
    $16,029
    No idea. They play much more timid it seems. There are times it has and it will bite them in the rectum if they keep that up. Someone like El Salvador, you stomp out quickly and move on...I honestly think the coaches and players were already looking north last night. At least that's how it looked. And it almost burned them.

Saying that, curious there is a January WCQ in Canada...gonna be like -1000 up there. You'd think the schedulers could try and not have canadian games (in Canada) in January but oh well, bring your hand warmers and your bourbon.

4. ButlerGoalie

ButlerGoalie Well-Known Member

Money:
    $3,349
    Not sure what COVID rules are for soccer up in Canada, but all of their NHL arenas are maxxed out at 50% right now. So, that might help neutralize the home crowd. That and the temps will suck. I definitely see a tie on Sunday. I'll take it, but would rather get that W and punch that ticket to... *checks notes* Qatar.

willisbrown likes this.
  5. BUBBALUM

BUBBALUM Active Member

Money:
    $417
    I heard 50% for the game.

6. PSUButlerFan

PSUButlerFan Well-Known Member

Money:
    $19,636
    12k fans allowed. It’s either like 50% or 33% capacity.

7. PSUButlerFan

Money:
    $19,636
    It will be warmer in Canada for the game Sunday than it will for their game in St. Paul, Minny on Wednesday.

8. willisbrown

Money:
    $16,029
    So home field won't be much of a thing. Just dress warmly. We need to whoop their asses and show them their place.

9. willisbrown

Money:
    $16,029
    Alright degenerates...what do we like today? I am seeing KC -8 with an O/U 55 and I see LAR -4 with O/U at 45.5

And we're a pick 'em against Canada. O/U 2.

10. pjohnsto2003

pjohnsto2003 Well-Known Member

Money:
    $8,707
    Matthieu coming back raised the line an entire point (or half depending where you bet). I mean, he was there for the game earlier this month. I just don’t see the Chiefs covering.

Sent from my iPhone using Butler Hoops

11. Staxawax

Staxawax Well-Known Member

Money:
    $13,080
    Tentozen likes this.
  12. the_speakers_lab

the_speakers_lab Well-Known Member

Money:
    $6,247
    Tim Weah being out bc he's not fully vaxxed is so incredibly stupid

willisbrown likes this.
  13. the_speakers_lab

the_speakers_lab Well-Known Member

Money:
    $6,247
    He works out with him in the Summer. So I would say he's got a better than average chance of doing so

I wish we played as tough and hard as O$U:(

14. BUBBALUM

BUBBALUM Active Member

Money:
    $417
    Apparently, he caught Covid between the time he got his first shot and when he was supposed to get his second, and that delayed his second dose.

15. willisbrown

Money:
    $16,029
    Don't get me started...

16. willisbrown

Money:
    $16,029
    Guessing you're at the point where you're urinating in your pants...the bungals back in the afc championship.

God I want to take them...I may tease them to 10 and see what plays.

17. butlerguy03

butlerguy03 Well-Known Member

Money:
    $3,486
    Not high confidence today, so I parlayed Chiefs/Rams for +108; Same-Game of Rams 1+ sack, Rams ML, both teams o0.5 TD, both teams O2.5 pts 1st half +100

18. willisbrown

Money:
    $16,029
    Welp...the US sucks again.

Bad performance week overall. Not a ton to like.

19. PSUButlerFan

Money:
    $19,636
    The USMNT is a ****ing embarrassment. They have zero in the final third, Berhalter is a garbage coach, not starting Pepi should be a crime, Puli, Aronson and Wes were all horrible, they lost to a team missing BY FAR its best player, and that ref completely lost control of the game and should never be allowed to ref the US again.

Now Wednesday night is a MUST WIN. And we need something in the final 3 games, including a must win at home vs. Panama sandwiches between our two toughest games of the entire qualifying.

US is in trouble.

20. DawgsMD

DawgsMD Forum Psychiatrist VIP Member

Money:
    $4,739