Random Thoughts

Discussion in 'Butler Basketball' started by willisbrown, May 25, 2019.

1. Hinkle

Hinkle Well-Known Member

Money:
    $14,101
    This is interesting perspective. Thanks for sharing.

2. willisbrown

willisbrown Well-Known Member

Money:
    $16,183
    Brown sugar cinnamon is my top choice when it comes to pop tarts.

bumba, BUcheer, jal8908 and 1 other person like this.
  3. gmoser1210

gmoser1210 Well-Known Member

Money:
    $562
    I like brown sugar cinnamon, but I love s'mores. The graham cracker taste of the pastry really sets it apart.

bumba and willisbrown like this.
  4. PSUButlerFan

PSUButlerFan Well-Known Member

Money:
    $19,845
    This seems like a great opportunity to post this amazing Southpark clip. Absolutely hilarious.

kac12568 likes this.
  5. kac12568

kac12568 Well-Known Member

Money:
    $4,546
    Who would win a water balloon fight between Jesus and Buddha?

6. godogs91

godogs91 Well-Known Member

Money:
    $4,233
    Would it be a walkover?

Sent from my SM-G998U using Tapatalk

7. willisbrown

Money:
    $16,183
    Buddha a much bigger target plus he's mostly sitting down which makes him an easy target. I got Jesus in that one.

Now, Jesus vs Moses??? I'm taking Moses because he'd just split the balloon as it approached.

TheDawgDub95 likes this.
  8. bubby

bubby Well-Known Member

Money:
    $1,710
    QUIET!! Your puny human mind can't comprehend it!!

God works in deleterious ways.
    Or maybe it's "mysterious ways." I forget (hey, I'm only human).

Hinkle likes this.
  9. FRENCH DAWG

FRENCH DAWG Well-Known Member

Money:
    $549
    Going back to an earlier discussion.

IMG_5961.JPG

Sent from my iPhone using Butler Hoops

NCDog likes this.
  10. kac12568

kac12568 Well-Known Member

Money:
    $4,546
    Ummmm, I don't recall that being part of an earlier discussion......

NCJon and PSUButlerFan like this.
  11. BUBBALUM

BUBBALUM Active Member

Money:
    $419
    Well, there are 227 pages in this topic, so who knows which discussion they're referring to.

NCJon likes this.
  12. bu2013

bu2013 Active Member

Money:
    $419
    Do you have this bookmarked so you can recite it when you're having those feelings you just can't push away? Most people will accept you for who you are

Sent from my iPhone using Butler Hoops mobile app

13. seadawg

seadawg Well-Known Member VIP Member

Money:
    $9,935
    Just in, the Uvalde police dept. offered Josh Hawley a job...

m4795 likes this.
  14. pjohnsto2003

pjohnsto2003 Well-Known Member

Money:
    $8,774
    Ouch

Sent from my iPhone using Butler Hoops

15. PSUButlerFan

PSUButlerFan Well-Known Member

Money:
    $19,845

#60 Well-Known Member

Money:
    $1,505
    I had a reminder this weekend of how far Butler's reach has become. I was working my booth at San Diego Comic-Con, talking to a married couple. The two 40-somethings were comics enthusiasts, so we had a wide-ranging conversation.

Our talk migrated toward home states & such. Though both have lived in San Diego for a while (the husband is in the military), the wife's home state is Alabama. A “Tide” graduate, so she hates Auburn.

The husband told me that he was born & raised in Indianapolis.

Now, the entire time I was talking with the couple, I was wearing my navy blue Butler hat—the one with a solo Bulldog on the front & the word “Butler” on the back strap. Up to this point in our conversation, the Bulldog was facing them.

After the husband said that he was from Indianapolis, I turned my hat around & kept talking with them. I told them that I'm from Indiana, too. The couple then informed me that their son had graduated from Butler two years earlier. He loved his time at the school & they were highly complimentary.

Finally, I said, “I graduated from Butler, too,” while pointing at the school name on my hat.

They were both shocked, asking each other, “Did you notice his hat?! Why didn't you notice his hat?!” We all had a good laugh & continued a great conversation.

Nice to know that Butler can represent—in multiple ways—anywhere in the country.

17. ButlerGoalie

ButlerGoalie Well-Known Member

Money:
    $3,474
    Reminds me of the time a couple of weeks ago when I almost had a car wreck rubbernecking a young woman in a Butler t-shirt in the local neighborhood around work, in a suburb of Nashville, TN. There's a pretty sizeable group of alums in the area, but no one has taken the reins to coordinate a more regular get-together.

If you don't mind me asking, what were you promoting at the Con? You don't have to reveal if you'd rather remain anonymous, but being in the home entertainment industry, I know a bunch of peeps that were at SDCC on business and it always surprises me what a small world it is sometimes.

#60 likes this.
  18. noltar

noltar Well-Known Member

Money:
    $846
    Definitely the Butler tshirt that caused the rubbernecking I bet. Hey ohhhhh

19. willisbrown

Money:
    $16,183
    Dude you would have rubbernecked her butler shirt or not.

On another note, it's hotter than an ass-hole sitting on the equator out there today down south.

#60 Well-Known Member

Money:
    $1,505

No worries. Happy to indulge a fellow Dawg & I appreciate your asking.

Since it may be easier to show than to explain, here is the art/sampling of items for sale at the convention--comics, graphic novels, artwork & apparel. Except for The Roach's wraparound cover illustration, I had friends/fellow pros execute my books' cover artwork. Everything else is my work. (These files were part of SDCC '22's online programming.)

Parenthetically, I DID NOT name the character "The Roach." The anti-hero was initially created while at Butler. As I was working on that first illustration, a couple of my teammates wandered into my room & watched over my shoulder as I worked. (I had an open door policy at Ross when I was drawing.) Long story-to-short, they decided that the name was perfect. When I agreed (with obvious reservations), they challenged me to use it & to ignore any detractors.

I don't come to Butler Hoops to promote my work. I'm happy to share input when asked, but I hope that my "illustrative" answer being posted herein doesn't overstep any boundaries. This is not my intent. Nonetheless, I hope the work is fun eye candy.

. 2022 CCI Art-Comic Book Covers.jpg 2022 CCI Art-Posters.jpg 2022 CCI Art-T-Shirts.jpg