Random Thoughts

Discussion in 'Butler Basketball' started by willisbrown, May 25, 2019.

1. kac12568

kac12568 Well-Known Member

Money:
    $4,573
    You made the assumption that if the Colts drafted these players, they would have known how to coach them to achieve their current success.....

bumba likes this.
  2. Hinkle

Hinkle Well-Known Member

Money:
    $14,258
    There are some parallels. Both are guys you really want to succeed/really want representing your program but who took over as young unproven coaches. Both have/had early recruiting momentum. Both seem/seemed like a flight risk to bolt to a more powerful program upon significant success (Michigan/Ohio State).

We’ll see.

Tentozen likes this.
  3. seadawg

seadawg Well-Known Member VIP Member

Money:
    $10,000
    Without question evaluating NFL talent is a crap shoot. There will always be hits and misses. The missteps are continuing to mount though. These are glaring blunders that have caught up to the Colts. Fans are totally justified to question management.

4. fchd

fchd Active Member

Money:
    $174

These games haven't been cancelled, merely postponed. They will still be played, just at a later date.

And I'm not sure what you mean about not inviting the Queen's grandson and wife. All eight of the Queen's grandchildren were there (along with partners where applicable), and indeed all eight stood a vigil with the Queen's coffin lying in state on Saturday evening.

5. iluvsnow

iluvsnow Well-Known Member

Money:
    $1,293
    We are on our annual week long sabbatical to Big Sky Country. Yesterday we took the geriatric's hike from Logan Pass in Glacier National to the overview of Hidden Lake. If there is a prettier state this time of year....I'm all ears. 20220921_094511 (2).jpg

bumba, znelson15, BoyGeoff and 4 others like this.
  6. Staxawax

Staxawax Well-Known Member

Money:
    $13,291
    Utah might challenge you, but it’s all in the eyes of the beholder!

Sent from my iPad using Butler Hoops mobile app

7. PSUButlerFan

PSUButlerFan Well-Known Member

Money:
    $20,017
    Hidden Lake Overlook Trail! An amazing hike. Did it in July 2002 as a 15-year-old and we hiked up a ton of snow. It poured on us at the top and I sprinted down in the rain, sliding down the snow. One of the most fun hikes I did because of the circumstances.

Is Going To The Sun Road still scary af?

8. znelson15

znelson15 Well-Known Member

Money:
    $3,404
    Hey don’t tell anyone I live here man, but if you tell anyone tell them to drink KettleHouse when here

Sent from my iPhone using Butler Hoops mobile app

iluvsnow, DawgsMD, BoyGeoff and 2 others like this.
  9. tcdtcd

tcdtcd Member

Money:
    $109
    Love Glacier Park! Wife and I head out there (and Tetons, sometimes Yellowstone) with friends every year or two for hiking, horses, wildlife-viewing. Logan Pass, Hidden Lake, Grinell Glacier trails, among others all great! Some harder than others.
    Per PSU comment above, I only did Going to the Sun road once (NO MORE!), and the High Line Trail (turned around part way back). Holding on to chain rails on a cliff side is not my idea of enjoying the beauty!

iluvsnow likes this.
  10. seadawg

seadawg Well-Known Member VIP Member

Money:
    $10,000
    So many wonderful places to visit on this planet and so little time...

tcdtcd and #60 like this.
  11. Hinkle

Hinkle Well-Known Member

Money:
    $14,258
    Amen. I haven’t been everywhere, but of the more notable scenic places, I have been to Hawaii, the Austrian Alps, and many of the great places in our own continental West.

And I have to say, nothing has compared to Iceland. Go.

Last edited: Sep 23, 2022 at 8:17 AM
    2xDawg likes this.
  12. willisbrown

willisbrown Well-Known Member

Money:
    $16,321
    Mortgage rates are at their highest since 2007.

13. BulldogsFTW

BulldogsFTW Well-Known Member

Money:
    $954
    Yeah, I am buckled in waiting for them to come down. We bought in June at 5.49% on the assumption that I'd like to live here much longer than the interest rates will be high.

14. willisbrown

willisbrown Well-Known Member

Money:
    $16,321
    Watching the yields climb has been wild. Not sure what the ceiling will end up being. I feel bad for my old boss as he's had to pretty much cancel a lot of his specialized programs aimed at first time median income buyers. Just glad I escaped when I did or I'd be on the prowl for work. But I do think private, smaller brokers may have to slow down or close down unless they have plenty of revenue to sit on as the market slows. Much like he is having to do.

Add on top of that people's assets getting melted...yikes. Economies are fluid and these downturns happen, just hope it turns back around sooner than later.

15. jal8908

jal8908 Well-Known Member VIP Member

Money:
    $4,045
    It's wild...Before things went crazy I was thinking of starting to look for an upgrade sometime next year. I've got such a sweetheart deal though (bought in 2013 in Fishers before the market bounced back AND Fishers started improvements everywhere) that I just can't justify it in the current environment.

Now I'm pivoting to investing in some upgrades for the current place that fingers crossed hold their value and hope things settle down in a few years.

willisbrown likes this.
  16. DawgsMD

DawgsMD Forum Psychiatrist VIP Member

Money:
    $4,803
    I’m just glad I got a fixed rate on my 250K in student loans mid pandemic.

Sent from my iPhone using Butler Hoops mobile app

17. PSUButlerFan

PSUButlerFan Well-Known Member

Money:
    $20,017
    Second this. Did 11 days in 2019. 2 in Reykjavik and then drove the Ring Road over the next 9 days.

Some incredible hikes. Whale watching. Fjords. A boat tour next to icebergs in a glacial lake. An ice hike on a Glacier. Snorkeling between the North American and Eurasian tectonic plates. Geysers. Volcanos. Basalt columns. Black sand beaches. Boiling mud pits. A yes a relaxing dip in the warm, soothing waters of the geothermal plant runoff.

There’s nothing like it anywhere else in the world. Truly an incredible place.

18. IndieDawg

IndieDawg Active Member

Money:
    $2,094
    It is a really unique place. Where else would you be and stop noticing waterfalls? Plus even their gas station coffee is top notch. Will at that it’s becoming a bit too touristy so hard to get some of the wild experience but that seems to be the case everywhere interesting. Also was expensive preCOVID. Would hate to see it now.

19. Hinkle

Hinkle Well-Known Member

Money:
    $14,258
    I remember standing on the black sand beach, middle of July, like 50 degrees, foggy, light rain, almost no one else around. I don’t know exactly why but it was so moving. I’ve never been more content just to stand somewhere and be present. And that’s kind of how it is around the whole damn island.

PSUButlerFan likes this.
  20. IndieDawg

IndieDawg Active Member

Money:
    $2,094
    Hinkle likes this.