Random Thoughts

Discussion in 'Butler Basketball' started by willisbrown, May 25, 2019.

1. pjohnsto2003

pjohnsto2003 Well-Known Member

Money:
    $8,872
    You clearly missed the point

God forbid the man have any semblance of a personal life at the conclusion of a season. Coordinating a handful of people for a work anniversary lunch is hard enough. Cannot imagine getting multiple players from different “generations” on the same schedule.

If Butler had it planned a year-plus out, that’s one thing. However, it’s highly unlikely.

I do understand that long black “Get off my lawn” socks with Velcro shoes are now being sold at the Hinkle spirit shop. Get them while they’re still in stock!

Sent from my iPhone using Butler Hoops

2xDawg likes this.
  2. Hinkle

Hinkle Well-Known Member

Money:
    $15,039
    All I said was 1) that he’s not as connected to butler as the rest of that team/brad. And I definitely stand by that. If he really wanted to be there, he could be there. The guy hasn’t flown commercial in years. And 2) he’s gotten Hollywood. 12 years in the league and 300 mil will do that, and it’s not even necessarily a knock, but he’s a different guy.

dawgs2014 likes this.
  3. seadawg

seadawg Well-Known Member VIP Member

Money:
    $10,204
    This is a fruitless debate. Yes of course, he is a different type guy. So what?

4. willisbrown

willisbrown Well-Known Member

Money:
    $16,548
    Would suck if one had gulf coast (FL) vacay plans this week.

I'm a weather nerd to the extreme so I've spent hours already watching this coverage. With many more to come.

5. BUcheer

BUcheer Well-Known Member VIP Member

Money:
    $9,217
    You added something was “kinda weird” which took it in a whole new direction. Personally don’t see anything weird at all—guy has a very demanding career, and like he was at BU, isn’t a “look at me” personality by nature. He maintains friendships with his teammates. Has gifted Butler. Couldn’t attend Saturday due to preparations for team camp starting this week. Sent his parents in his place. Last years HOF was two weeks earlier and his schedule permitted him to come and he did. (maybe cancelling some fabulous trip to an exotic location to come to Hinkle;)) And if anything, coming for the team induction was more about honoring the TEAM, not just him. Hate to think what people would say if he’d done the reverse.

NCJon, Tentozen and #60 like this.
  6. NCJon

NCJon Well-Known Member VIP Member

Money:
    $9,800
    Not exactly having a week of vacation disrupted, but I am supposed to go to a concert in Wilmington this weekend that is itself a rain date from its original date in April. I am selfishly paying close attention as the current track has the remnants at tropical storm level on Sunday during the concert. Not really looking forward to a rainy weekend away - again - without seeing the show.

7. Tentozen

Tentozen Well-Known Member

Money:
    $2,123
    We were supposed to fly to Key West today for the week, but decided to cancel.

Sent from my iPhone using Butler Hoops

8. PSUButlerFan

PSUButlerFan Well-Known Member

Money:
    $20,444
    Come here. Great weather. We have reservoirs with boats and beaches. Who needs Key West.

9F457201-7953-40BF-8DCF-C1CAAE5B14D7.png

9. willisbrown

Money:
    $16,548
    Ouch. Such an awesome, beautiful place. They will get a scrape and some ripples but y'all made the right call just to not deal with the crap.

Tentozen and tcdtcd like this.
  10. willisbrown

Money:
    $16,548
    Looks like the advisory has possible TS force and even very low hurricane force winds effecting Key West...where that storm is and that the winds may get that high there? That's a big boy. Good decision on your part.

Tentozen and seadawg like this.
  11. Irishdawg

Irishdawg Banned User

Money:
    $1,978
    My wife was out in Salt Lake for a conference last week/weekend. Beautiful scenery and great hiking.

PSUButlerFan likes this.
  12. ButlerGoalie

ButlerGoalie Well-Known Member

Money:
    $3,621
    We are in Hilton Head beginning Saturday. Not looking forward to driving through Ian's anus....

willisbrown likes this.
  13. noltar

noltar Well-Known Member

Money:
    $896
    Hopefully it's not too wet when you pass through

14. Staxawax

Staxawax Well-Known Member

Money:
    $13,377
  15. willisbrown

Money:
    $16,548
    Today I was informed that if you're vaccinated, you'll survive a hurricane. That's a hell of a vaccination...jack of all trades. Keeps you safe from covid AND 130 mph winds plus historic storm surge.

I'm vaxxed and boosted of course but even so, I ain't trying to be in SW Fl right now.

16. PSUButlerFan

PSUButlerFan Well-Known Member

Money:
    $20,444
    Ive watched this now like 20x. Still funny.

17. butlerguy03

butlerguy03 Well-Known Member

Money:
    $3,668
    Captiva will be a direct hit :( At least rates will be down at South Seas Resort next year.

18. willisbrown

Money:
    $16,548
    That thing surely did strengthen overnight. Yikes. Went to bed around midnight as a 120 mph...now 155.

What's wild is storms that cross Florida, the lack of width in the state and mostly low lying areas, reemerge in the Atlantic in this case, or Atlantic in the gulf (like Katrina) and can make second landfalls. This one looks to have the power to do so.

Weather intrigues me.

godogs91 likes this.
  19. godogs91

godogs91 Well-Known Member

Money:
    $4,302
    There are lunatics watching at the Naples Pier right now.
    https://naplespanorama.org/

Sent from my SM-G998U using Tapatalk

willisbrown and seadawg like this.
  20. ButlerGoalie

ButlerGoalie Well-Known Member

Money:
    $3,621
    No worries, will be installing the galoshes on the tires before we head out..haha