Random Thoughts

Discussion in 'Butler Basketball' started by willisbrown, May 25, 2019.

1. noltar

noltar Well-Known Member

Money:
    $682
    If Butler banks one in it counts tho.

2xDawg, Hinkle, UDDawg and 1 other person like this.
  2. kmacker69

kmacker69 Well-Known Member VIP Member

Money:
    $5,191
    Then they should just remove the backboard all together or do you have to call it before the shot? :p I get what you're saying, but luck plays a part in games and I don't think it should be removed from it... ;)

3. Staxawax

Staxawax Well-Known Member

Money:
    $10,828
    ButlerNut likes this.
  4. Hinkle

Hinkle Well-Known Member

Money:
    $9,690
    We're not trying to measure luck though, by playing basketball. We're trying to measure skill. If you want to mess around with luck, play roulette. I think the glass is great for getting crafty around the rim (heck, even out to 12-15 feet). But beyond that, it does nothing but generate randomness.

5. Insane Dawg

Insane Dawg Well-Known Member

Money:
    $15,295
    Plus we don’t need another clock stoppage to see if the shot hit the backboard first.

kmacker69 likes this.
  6. kmacker69

kmacker69 Well-Known Member VIP Member

Money:
    $5,191
    Luck is when preparation meets opportunity. If basketball was only skill they wouldn't need to play the games. Toughness, both mental and physical, heart, teamwork, physical fitness, and a whole lot more go into basketball not just skill. I get your point, but can't concede to it. A little randomness that the teams have to overcome, is an added part of the game, I don't want taken out of it. ;)

7. Hinkle Magic2

Hinkle Magic2 Well-Known Member

Money:
    $1,320
    Peanut M&M's.

It's not that they aren't delicious, I just try to avoid them otherwise because they aren't good for me, haha.

8. pjohnsto2003

pjohnsto2003 Well-Known Member

Money:
    $6,744
    Coronavirus seems to be the go-to du jour.

Sent from my iPhone using Butler Hoops

9. Staxawax

Staxawax Well-Known Member

Money:
    $10,828
    Yeah well I’m a conservative on most things but hey!, I just blocked you too!

Sent from my iPad using Butler Hoops mobile app

2xDawg, butlerguy03, Tentozen and 3 others like this.
  10. Blue Dawg Dan

Blue Dawg Dan New Member

Money:
    $36
    Take your opinions out of this forum. Your ignorance is showing

2xDawg, butlerguy03, Tentozen and 2 others like this.
  11. Hinkle

Hinkle Well-Known Member

Money:
    $9,690
    I will forever be fascinated by the range of processing powers from one human brain to the next.

Sent from my iPhone, so it’s probably not written all that well

godogs91, estar20dawg, NCJon and 5 others like this.
  12. The Butler Way

The Butler Way New Member

Money:
    $35
    Im depressed lol. Looking ahead Im excited for the class coming in. Anyone know if we have a foreign trip this summer or is that next/ I was just curious it would be good for all the new guys. I would hope by that time all the stuff going on now is done. This will be a long long summer.... might start some golf early this year.

Tentozen likes this.
  13. willisbrown

willisbrown Well-Known Member

Money:
    $8,086
    Hell golf is canceled for the next 5 weeks. We literally have nothing, nothing to do other than watch people die and catch up on 90210 re-runs.

godogs91 likes this.
  14. Hinkle

Hinkle Well-Known Member

Money:
    $9,690
    I’m glad they’re handling it like they are, but I thought fanless golf may be the one sport to carry on. You’ve essentially got independent contractors who aren’t forced to play anywhere and a game requiring near zero contact.

But I know the decision is really about the travel and for the sake of the production/course/Tour employees.

15. Dunhamfor3

Dunhamfor3 Active Member

Money:
    $109
    I would be a fan of them still doing a NCAA selection show for the tournament.

I know the games won’t be played, but it would be a nice season reward for teams know what seeding they earned.

Sent from my iPhone using Butler Hoops

bu1973 and ConnersvilleBulldog like this.
  16. NCJon

NCJon Well-Known Member VIP Member

Money:
    $7,492
    That's why I think racing will be the only thing to soldier on. The travel piece is minimized by the use of RVs and the teams are already wearing protective suits of sorts. But California canceled IndyCar's Long Beach race for it, so maybe racing won't continue either.

17. BUcheer

BUcheer Well-Known Member VIP Member

Money:
    $5,727
    This is how Lunardi thought it would shake out—6 BE teams. Interesting matchup for the Dawgs with possibility of the Golden Brothers facing off.

43FD5F8B-B12A-4CF7-B403-3D0D45C7C9AA.jpeg

18. ButlerNut

ButlerNut Well-Known Member VIP Member

Money:
    $6,601
    Bryce seemed to think that too:

willisbrown likes this.
  19. ButlerNut

ButlerNut Well-Known Member VIP Member

Money:
    $6,601
    SURE...NOW We get a prime time Friday afternoon matchup! LOL

20. willisbrown

willisbrown Well-Known Member

Money:
    $8,086
    I wonder if the golf courses will be empty or packed this afternoon/weekend?