Random Thoughts

Discussion in 'Butler Basketball' started by willisbrown, May 25, 2019.

1. PSUButlerFan

PSUButlerFan Well-Known Member

Money:
    $13,703
    Hahahaha

ButlerNut likes this.
  2. TheDawgDub95

TheDawgDub95 Well-Known Member

Money:
    $1,555
    Since some of you have the same venom for Dakich as you do for Trump, I thought I would share that my old High School, playing up a class due to the success factor, took down Dakich's old HS #1 Andrean last night for its first 2A Regional title.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Butler Hoops mobile app

Staxawax and BUcheer like this.
  3. BURph92

BURph92 Well-Known Member

Money:
    $1,726
    The Pioneer Panthers have been an absolute football machine in recent years.

Sent from my iPhone using Butler Hoops

seadawg and TheDawgDub95 like this.
  4. Staxawax

Staxawax Well-Known Member

Money:
    $11,268
    Did you notice Jack Kiser (Pioneer legend) is now getting extensive action as a sophomore for Notre Dame. He had an interception in today’s Boston College game.
    He beat out David Bell for Mr. Football in 2018.

Sent from my iPad using Butler Hoops mobile app

5. BURph92

BURph92 Well-Known Member

Money:
    $1,726
    Yes, very nice to see Jack getting an opportunity and excelling for ND this year. Really good article in the Indy Star last month on Pioneer senior twin brothers Ezra & Addai Lewellen.

Sent from my iPhone using Butler Hoops

Staxawax likes this.
  6. TheDawgDub95

Money:
    $1,555
    I saw where they and New Pal are the two winningest programs of the past 25 years. The coach, that turned the program around, came the year AFTER I graduated . We were awful. They won the sectional that next year #coachingmatters

7. seadawg

seadawg Well-Known Member VIP Member

Money:
    $7,616
    Hats off to any public school who is able to compete on a consistent basis with private schools. The IHSAA has never adequately addressed leveling the playing field. Year after year it's easy to see who progresses in a tournament format outside of the largest schools. Smaller rural area schools have been getting shafted for too long.

Last edited: Nov 15, 2020
    troggy likes this.
  8. NCJon

NCJon Well-Known Member VIP Member

Money:
    $8,103
    I'd believe that stat if you were talking about the last five, maybe 10 years, but it's hard to believe going back that far. NewPal has been on an incredible run since Kyle Ralph got there, but the other 17 years they were pretty mediocre. Meanwhile Chatard and Cathedral have each racked up at least 10 titles in the last 25 years.

9. TheDawgDub95

Money:
    $1,555
    You were right about New Pal. They're #2 to Pioneer on the 10 year list, but not on the 25 year list. Screenshot_20201115-203410_Samsung%20Internet.jpeg

NCJon likes this.
  10. Ster8462

Ster8462 Active Member

Money:
    $431
    Pioneer has been a beast since late ‘90’s. Moved to Buffalo, IN in 1996 part of North White School District who had won the State in ‘94 or something like that. We lived there for 6 years and drove through The Royal Center of Happiness (Pioneer) which I believe Royal Center is the biggest town that feeds Pioneer School System 5 days a week transporting our pre-school and grade school children to All Saints Catholic School in Logansport. Royal Center is where my son first played summer baseball as a 5 year old. The Bob O Link restaurant. Brings back fond memories!!!!

11. TheDawgDub95

Money:
    $1,555
    One more reason I'm too old. I graduated before the success started. I'm sure all the losing I experienced helped me develop tremendous character....

12. butlerguy03

butlerguy03 Well-Known Member

Money:
    $1,110
    What's more impressive is seeing Ben Davis, Carmel, and Warren on there. Rarely do they play a lower-level team.

NCJon likes this.
  13. willisbrown

willisbrown Well-Known Member

Money:
    $9,812
    I can't decide if I'm intrigued or wanting to throw up with the thought of a bacon infused beer at waffle house...

And yes, they are rolling with a local micro brewery to make this. Bacon beer.

14. seadawg

seadawg Well-Known Member VIP Member

Money:
    $7,616
    Better stick with the grits.

troggy and willisbrown like this.
  15. bubby

bubby Well-Known Member

Money:
    $1,326
    Well I live 2000 miles away now and don't follow it at all but what about Ben Davis and Carmel? Or is that too long ago?

EDITED TO ADD: ooops, I just saw the list in the next post. Carmel and BD aren't too high up.

16. the_speakers_lab

the_speakers_lab Well-Known Member

Money:
    $4,752
    There are cycles. The schools in the MIC beat up on each other too much over the years during the regular season, but the conference wins the state championship every year...

17. troggy

troggy Well-Known Member

Money:
    $789
    Wait, beer at Waffle House? When did that happen?

18. willisbrown

willisbrown Well-Known Member

Money:
    $9,812
    It's something they are rolling out here in Georgia. A local brewery is creating this and you can buy it at a few stores or at the brewery (Oconee). It's not being sold in the restaurants yet but I'm sure that's coming. They do have a couple at Truist Field that sell beer.

troggy likes this.
  19. Staxawax

Staxawax Well-Known Member

Money:
    $11,268
    Royal Center will remember last Friday’s game for a long time.... but for the wrong reasons.
    Led FWLuers 28-7 at half. Lost 42-34. Ouch!

Sent from my iPad using Butler Hoops mobile app

20. TheDawgDub95

Money:
    $1,555
    Yeah. I was able to watch the game from home (growing up, I never dreamed I would ever be saying that). They were dominant in the 1st half but had no answer when the momentum shifted. Luers recovered an onside kick after scoring on their 1st possession of the 2nd half. All downhill from there, kind of like the Colts/Saints Super bowl.