Random Thoughts

Discussion in 'Butler Basketball' started by willisbrown, May 25, 2019.

1. seadawg

seadawg Well-Known Member VIP Member

Money:
    $8,262
    Of course if service was poor all bets were off. Back in day when smoking was allowed in establishments, my dad on a few occasions would leave an actual wooden nickel for the gratuity or a cigarette butt in the plate. Otherwise he was very generous.

2. DawgsMD

DawgsMD Forum Psychiatrist VIP Member

Money:
    $4,251
    I miss yats. They had opened one up in Cinci by UCMC but it never took off, think it was a health department thing.

Yeah I’ll never understand the beneath me argument. Before med school, I worked in a warehouse, roofed for several summers and valeted cars.

My wife works at a different psychiatrists office than my own private practice. Old Cinci money a lot of them. The “beneath me” attitude is strong with them. Had to go with her to get work function and because I worked in the next county up that’s part suburbia part rural they thought that was like 2nd rate. One psychiatrist even had the audacity to ask me to move from the main table - not that I really cared but was just taken aback. They’re the type that don’t take insurance and charge a ton. I mean, don’t get me wrong, psychiatrists are a rare breed in and of themselves but I’ve been told by my wife and patients that I’m probably the most normal (likely one of few psychiatrists that played college football, as well, so that helps the relational aspect), so like it that I’m not “like them.”

Sent from my iPhone using Butler Hoops mobile app

seadawg likes this.
  3. PSUButlerFan

PSUButlerFan Well-Known Member

Money:
    $15,266
    Not to take this thread in a different direction, but I love the ButlerHoops ads LOL

EE5A2311-8DB0-456E-9252-46CD81B3AE12.jpeg

4. DawgsMD

DawgsMD Forum Psychiatrist VIP Member

Money:
    $4,251
    You do realize these are likely cookie based like Facebook, so what are you typing/searching for outside of butler hoops

Sent from my iPhone using Butler Hoops mobile app

BigHoss, ButlerNut and NCJon like this.
  5. PSUButlerFan

Money:
    $15,266
    Normally I would think so, but that doesn’t make much sense since I don’t do much in the way of gaming, and I certainly never search for them.

My phone is for work mostly.

6. ButlerNut

ButlerNut Well-Known Member VIP Member

Money:
    $8,284
    I don't think "gaming" is the cookies this ad is honing in on! LOL

7. troggy

troggy Well-Known Member

Money:
    $966
    30 years ago, I had a job for a short time delivering pizzas. Many people didn't tip at all. Some would let you keep the 28 cents between the $6.72 the pizza cost and the $7 they handed you. I've been a better tipper ever since.

8. pjohnsto2003

pjohnsto2003 Well-Known Member

Money:
    $7,633
    Reminds me of the scene from Home Alone -“Keep the change, ya filthy animal.” Abhorrent, nonetheless.

Sent from my iPhone using Butler Hoops

troggy likes this.
  9. PSUButlerFan

Money:
    $15,266
    My standard is 20% + $1-2 round up on top. It sucks having to tip at all (Check out how Europe works), but I can do my part to help others. Anyone who under tips is a turd. And I’ve never worked in food service before.

ButlerProf likes this.
  10. PSUButlerFan

Money:
    $15,266
    Since there’s no COVID/politics thread, here is the video the Dems used to showcase how Trump is complicit. If anyone can watch this and not vote to convict, there’s something the **** wrong with you.

ButlerProf and NCJon like this.
  11. ButlerNut

ButlerNut Well-Known Member VIP Member

Money:
    $8,284
    My first food service job, the minimum wage was $1.85, and make the difference up in tips. Many weren't tipping. I frequently would make less than minimum wage for an evening. The boss would inflate my tips (yes, he counted) to ensure I made minimum wage. Not by giving me the difference, just reporting it so he didn't get in trouble. He told me, "it will balance out by the end of the week" and it rarely did.

I get good service, I tip. Exceedingly well. I get bad service, I still tip. Picked up food to go last night, two people working the whole place, busting their butts to keep up. Gave them each a tip, just because they are working harder than most people for a lot less money.

troggy and seadawg like this.
  12. pjohnsto2003

Money:
    $7,633
    Let’s not forget that the folks you tip also typically tip out the staff behind the scenes, so they don’t always get the the full amount.

I tended bar for years and was consistently the only one that tipped the bar backs. You get nowhere without their help on busy nights. That said, I go no lower than 25%. 10%, or 2.5% of your bill is gone right off the bat for tip-out.

I’ll typically hover around 35% and up to 50% these days, as it’s typically rarely for us going out, but usually to places we frequented prior to the pandemic, and where we know the staff.

13. willisbrown

willisbrown Well-Known Member

Money:
    $11,537
    #gayburger is trending on my twitter page.

14. pjohnsto2003

Money:
    $7,633
    Is that real meat?

15. willisbrown

Money:
    $11,537
    It damn well better be.

Allegedly it's a real restaurant in LA, NYC and SF. All the food on menu have sexual names. So I mean, I guess cool?

pjohnsto2003 likes this.
  16. PSUButlerFan

Money:
    $15,266
    I promise you... you couldn’t afford it

17. willisbrown

Money:
    $11,537
    what was that lying sack of babble you put on here earlier...about not looking down on people or treating people well. Yeah....that's so you. I don't give a damn what you make...you're a piece of ****ing garbage. But keep telling others to treat people well while you judge everything and everyone. It's such a great look.

18. dawgs2014

dawgs2014 Well-Known Member

Money:
    $6,517
    Im gonna guess bourbon tonight.

Better than Bulleit. Worse than Michters.

Maybe Eagle Rare? Basil?

19. IndieDawg

IndieDawg Active Member

Money:
    $2,052
    Yeah I was Woodstock during my BU years. Tons of Butler folks there back then. Definitely taught me a lot about life and people. Always tip your wait staff!
    Some of the bigger jerks I’ve ever met. Also some amazingly down to earth folks.

20. willisbrown

Money:
    $11,537
    Ya don't say...