Random Thoughts

Discussion in 'Butler Basketball' started by willisbrown, May 25, 2019.

1. UDDawg

UDDawg Well-Known Member

Money:
    $8,988
    Jealous! I’m going to Sand Valley in June, but playing the Straits is a bucket list item for sure.

2. Hinkle

Hinkle Well-Known Member

Money:
    $11,433
    I’ve played most of the great Wisconsin courses but haven’t made it to sand valley yet. My hottest of hot takes: the Blackwolf Run River course is more difficult than both the Straights course and Erin Hills.

3. Hinkle

Hinkle Well-Known Member

Money:
    $11,433
    If you’d ever flushed a 5 iron, you wouldn’t have to ask. It’s like hearing the Beatles for the first time.

4. dawgs2014

dawgs2014 Well-Known Member

Money:
    $7,202
    Party like a rockstar is better than any song the Beatles ever made.

Sent from my iPhone using Butler Hoops

5. Hinkle

Hinkle Well-Known Member

Money:
    $11,433
    I was drunk quoting a Superbad line with the Beatles bit. But...From Me to You, this is always gonna be a bad take - Eight Days a Week, in fact. But I’ll Let it Be.

Tentozen and PSUButlerFan like this.
  6. dawgs2014

dawgs2014 Well-Known Member

Money:
    $7,202
    Totally dude. But when you find yourself in times of trouble, just party like a rockstar (with a mask).

PSUButlerFan and Hinkle like this.
  7. ConnersvilleBulldog

ConnersvilleBulldog Well-Known Member VIP Member

Money:
    $8,324
    You can drink while you play.

willisbrown, Tentozen and DawgsMD like this.
  8. BUcheer

BUcheer Well-Known Member VIP Member

Money:
    $7,133
    You MUST order the Sticky Toffee Pudding at Whistling Straits. Off the charts and closest to what you’ll find across the pond.

9. WestLoopDog

WestLoopDog Well-Known Member VIP Member

Money:
    $3,848
    Be prepared to be humbled and enjoy the scenery :)

DawgsMD and UDDawg like this.
  10. firedupkaren

firedupkaren Well-Known Member

Money:
    $5,903
    Making comparisons to tulips, is the easiest way to spot someone who doesn’t (or is unwilling to) understand.

11. willisbrown

willisbrown Well-Known Member

Money:
    $12,092
    That's fun. Straits is and should be on a golfer's bucket list. Down here I've been fortunate to play Atlanta Athletic Club Highlands course (that's where the PGA championship was in 2011) a bunch of times and I've played East Lake a few times too. From where I live, East Lake is a good 45 minutes south...but honestly I think it's an easier and more enjoyable course. But with the parents having the AAC membership, everything surrounding the golf is better (plus it's like 5 minutes from me).

I've been able to play Southwind in Memphis. That's a bear of a course.

Golf is relaxing, there's bonding with friends or business partners, tournaments to raise money for charities and you can slug down a 12 pack while doing it. Plus, as was said, getting an iron flush (especially a long iron) is a great feeling.

Tentozen and UDDawg like this.
  12. UDDawg

UDDawg Well-Known Member

Money:
    $8,988
    It’s cheesy, but I think it was Ben Hogan who said the feeling of a great golf shot goes up through the club and your arms and then straight to your heart.

13. Hinkle

Hinkle Well-Known Member

Money:
    $11,433
    Thank you for your contribution. Now I’m convinced. I’m aware Twitter pumpers hate spec bubble analogies.

Last edited: Feb 28, 2021
  14. Tentozen

Tentozen Well-Known Member

Money:
    $1,473
    I’ve played the Ocean Course(Kiawah, PGA and Ryder Cup course )3 times. Hoping to hit the Wisconsin courses in the next few years.

willisbrown likes this.
  15. firedupkaren

firedupkaren Well-Known Member

Money:
    $5,903
    I wasn’t trying to convince you of anything. Actually my point was that attempting to convince you would be futile as you’ve clearly closed your mind on the topic.

16. willisbrown

Money:
    $12,092
    Kiawah is on my list. It's not that far from here and spending a few days in South Carolina never hurts. One of the more underrated states.

ButlerProf likes this.
  17. Tentozen

Tentozen Well-Known Member

Money:
    $1,473
    And Charleston a great city.

willisbrown likes this.
  18. Grandpa Bulldog

Grandpa Bulldog Member

Money:
    $32
    Stepping to the first tee at The Old Course at St. Andrews is a great experience. Been able to play the Old Course five times. Kingsbarns is another great course. The sticky toffee pudding in St. Andrews is outstanding!

BUcheer, UDDawg and willisbrown like this.
  19. willisbrown

Money:
    $12,092
    From reports it seems the J&J one time vaccine may be ready for roll out as soon as tomorrow. That's great news.

When my parents got their (M word I can't spell) shots, first one was whatever, but the second dose within about 24 hours knocked my mama silly. They invited us over to cook dinner that friday night when she got it, but the time we got there (around 5) she was half dead. But, the next morning she said she felt great, went to church and then went to the club for brunch...I've heard similar to this. If you do the 2 shot M word one, just brace yourself for 24 hours of hell about 12-14 hours after you get it...then you pop up like a spring daisy.

20. DawgsMD

DawgsMD Forum Psychiatrist VIP Member

Money:
    $4,395
    I had no issues with the 2nd Moderna dose but my wife felt very fatigued for 36 hours. Knocked a few of my friends in their ass as well.

Sent from my iPhone using Butler Hoops mobile app