Random Thoughts

Discussion in 'Butler Basketball' started by willisbrown, May 25, 2019.

1. BigHoss

BigHoss Well-Known Member

Money:
    $567
    Got two jabs of the J&J today boys! Feeling great.

seadawg likes this.
  2. dawgs2014

dawgs2014 Well-Known Member

Money:
    $7,412
    What happened on the first one?

Sent from my iPhone using Butler Hoops

PSUButlerFan likes this.
  3. PSUButlerFan

PSUButlerFan Well-Known Member

Money:
    $16,065
    They’ll be searching forever

shoeevv and bumba like this.
  4. seadawg

seadawg Well-Known Member VIP Member

Money:
    $8,616
    Just as long as Gaetz doesn't miss the prom.

5. bumba

bumba Well-Known Member

Money:
    $9,169
    As sad as the subject is, this made me laugh out loud. Cheers.

6. willisbrown

willisbrown Well-Known Member

Money:
    $12,311
    Anyone here received the J&J shot? I'm eligible now in GA and that's the one I wanted. But we just had a place about 10 miles north of me pull it because of the after effects on site. Some fainting. I doubt that would happen but wondering now that I'm bout to line up, if anyone has taken that one. I want the one time pop, not the go back after a month for a second pop. Shots are not enjoyable.

7. seadawg

Money:
    $8,616
    Other than the inconvenience of going twice, these shot are virtually pain free. Much easier than giving a blood sample.

8. UDDawg

UDDawg Well-Known Member

Money:
    $9,086
    Not in my experience. I got Moderna and my arm was pretty sore on its own for a day or two, and then sore to the touch for another day or two. Got a blood draw a few days before that and that was virtually painless. I think everyone can have a different experience with it.

9. seadawg

Money:
    $8,616
    I was referring to the shots themselves. My arm was sore the next day too.

UDDawg likes this.
  10. UDDawg

UDDawg Well-Known Member

Money:
    $9,086
    Gotcha gotcha. Yeah, the process of the shot itself was just like a flu shot for me. Totally normal for a vaccine, nothing to be too worried about.

11. NCJon

NCJon Well-Known Member VIP Member

Money:
    $8,692
    I had a pretty strong immune response to the second Pfizer shot. I felt awful for two days - body aches, elevated temperature, nausea and headaches. But I usually have a strong reaction to vaccines, so I wasn't surprised. The flu shot always leaves me feeling low for a day or two. I still get it every year cause I would rather deal with those couple days of feeling crappy than full blown flu. Same deal here.

dawgs2014 likes this.
  12. BigHoss

BigHoss Well-Known Member

Money:
    $567
    Willis -

Just got it ....did not feel one bit different following the shot. Maybe I just got lucky. Happy to be “one and done”

willisbrown likes this.
  13. willisbrown

willisbrown Well-Known Member

Money:
    $12,311
    Work done for the day. Beer in hand and the Masters on the tube. Not bad for a rainy spring day. Chef Willis will be in play later on.

ButlerProf and seadawg like this.
  14. seadawg

Money:
    $8,616
    No denying everyone's response varies. As stated I suffered with this virus in March 2020 so taking getting a vaccine was gift from science. With the double dose of the Moderna the majority of effects were after the initial shot. After 12 hours I was sore for 1 day but my arm was sore for 3-4 days. The second shot, which I feared would be the worst based on other's testimonies, had minimal effects. My arm was a little sore for a day and that was it. Whether we will need boosters in the future is unknown. Getting the virus was no picnic, but it appears blood type O and taking a baby aspirin may have assisted my survival. The lingering side effect I developed was some neuropathy in my right leg only from my knee down. Go figure? So if a booster is required I will be in line ASAP.

NCJon likes this.
  15. dawgs2014

Money:
    $7,412
    I got moderna as well and besides a sore arm have had virtually no side effects at all after either.

seadawg likes this.
  16. PSUButlerFan

Money:
    $16,065
    That’s what you think. You’re now a Bill Gates sleeper agent. Soon you’ll be doing work on the Jewish space laser.

17. Staxawax

Staxawax Well-Known Member

Money:
    $12,049
    I’m hearing the moderna will probably require a booster in 6 months.

Sent from my iPad using Butler Hoops mobile app

18. DawgsMD

DawgsMD Forum Psychiatrist VIP Member

Money:
    $4,421
    The 6 month data for Pfizer and Moderna looks good, and from some inside knowledge the initial 9 month data for Pfizer looks good. I anticipate 12 month data will still look decent. And tackling the variant problem with mRNA vaccines is an easy code change.
    I wouldn’t be surprised if medical/high risk offered yearly much like influenza and wouldn’t be surprised at some point to see a covid vaccine on the childhood series.

Sent from my iPhone using Butler Hoops mobile app

Staxawax, seadawg and 2xDawg like this.
  19. dawgs2014

Money:
    $7,412
    Don’t forget to buy a new Xbox

20. PSUButlerFan

Money:
    $16,065