Random Thoughts

Discussion in 'Butler Basketball' started by willisbrown, May 25, 2019.

1. PSUButlerFan

PSUButlerFan Well-Known Member

Money:
    $16,067
    By the way... heck yes! Huge weight off my shoulders; there is light at the end of the tunnel for all of us.

867F95AD-B26B-4484-BDB6-EB073200133E.jpeg

indienapolis, 2xDawg, NCJon and 4 others like this.
  2. the_speakers_lab

the_speakers_lab Well-Known Member

Money:
    $5,169
    THUNDERDUNKS are back!

bumba and ButlerNut like this.
  3. dawgs2014

dawgs2014 Well-Known Member

Money:
    $7,416
    Those fingers are thicccc boi

Sent from my iPhone using Butler Hoops

BulldogsFTW and 2xDawg like this.
  4. PSUButlerFan

Money:
    $16,067
    That’s definitely what she said...

bumba, BulldogsFTW and DawgsMD like this.
  5. dawgs2014

Money:
    $7,416
    Yes, which brought her great relief bc nothing else was working

6. tlp63

tlp63 Active Member

Money:
    $190
    What are you two? 16?

iluvsnow likes this.
  7. Hinkle

Hinkle Well-Known Member

Money:
    $11,550
    Anyone watched Ted Lasso? The concept is stupid, but the show is somehow great.

Sent from my iPhone, so it’s probably not written all that well

znelson15, ButlerNut, bu2013 and 3 others like this.
  8. dawgs2014

Money:
    $7,416
    I’ve heard this from numerous sources. How long is it? I need to kill one more weekend before I’m “fully vaccinated” and the Cubs are only tolerable for a few innings a day.

9. Hinkle

Hinkle Well-Known Member

Money:
    $11,550
    About five hours total in season one, so a great weekend binge.

10. dawgs2014

Money:
    $7,416
    Yeah that’s a good amount of time. I watched the Netflix doc on the Isabella Stewart Gardner museum robbery Saturday and yesterday. As with most Netflix limited series docs, it was a great way to burn 4 hours.

11. willisbrown

willisbrown Well-Known Member

Money:
    $12,315
    Now that other than Nascar and golf (once a week or partial events), sports are pretty much done until fall (or late summer technically) I've been going back through my hulu and all the FX shows I've already watched, but am re-binging a lot of them because they are that good. Also, we started Queen of the South a few weeks ago and are already into season 4. That show is intense and very well done.

Two other hulu originals I've loved are The Looming Tower (bout the lead up to 9/11) and Chance. Chance is one where each time an episode is over, you shake your head and breathe deep.

12. dawgs2014

Money:
    $7,416
    Why’s chance about?

My time killing one is rewatching New Girl which I finished for the first time a month and a half ago or so.

The Looming Tower sounds interesting. 9/11 I think really impacted me pretty deeply. I went to a school with a lot of east coast people for my first couple years or college and I remember being in history class and talking about it and about a third to half of the class knew someone who died that day. It really hit me because obviously I remember what it was like for me, but the actual deaths had always seemed so far away until then.

13. willisbrown

willisbrown Well-Known Member

Money:
    $12,315
    Chance stars the dude from House...who is ultra creepy to begin with. He's a psychiatrist but more of "counsel" to other psychs to help them understand their way past go messed up people. He gets engaged into a couple things which bring him into the underbelly of the bay area (mostly takes place in SF and Oakland). The huge fat dude from We are the Titans and Blow is in it, Evan something...and he's terrific. He's a trained killer that takes Chance under his wing to help protect him and take down a shiite dirty cop involved with woman trafficking who's "wife" is hot but cray cray and she is a patient of Chance and also one of his psych confidants. It circles around and around and each ep is a little stomach turning. Slow start but get through the first ep and it takes off. It's two seasons and I think 20 episodes total.

dawgs2014 likes this.
  14. ConnersvilleBulldog

ConnersvilleBulldog Well-Known Member VIP Member

Money:
    $8,400
    If anyone needs to kill 90 minutes and has HBO Max, I would recommend Class Action Park. It's a really good documentary about a dangerous water park. It combines the 1980's, New Jersey, and a water park ran mostly by teenagers with no rules. Definitely worth a watch.

15. BulldogsFTW

BulldogsFTW Well-Known Member

Money:
    $670
    The prequel to the documentary "Action Park" starring Johnny Knoxville.

16. PSUButlerFan

Money:
    $16,067
    I wish I had HBO Max. I really want to see this. I live about 90 min or a bit less from where it used to be located.

ConnersvilleBulldog likes this.
  17. PSUButlerFan

Money:
    $16,067
    1. The Expanse - really gritty Sci fi that perfectly combines Sci fi with political tensions
    2. The Shield - hard-hitting police drama
    3. Burn Notice - Fun spy procedural
    4. Queen’s Gambit if you need to kill a weekend

I love being outdoors, so Prime has a show called Epic Trails with 22 minute episodes about hiking and outdoorsy stuff all over the world. Worth it when you have 30 min to kill. Really cool stuff that will inspire your next vacation

18. dawgs2014

Money:
    $7,416
    Gossip Girl didn’t make the list?

19. butlerguy03

butlerguy03 Well-Known Member

Money:
    $1,885
    It's always amazed me at how little scripted TV I watch compared to the average American. I've never heard of any of these shows. I pretty much watch live sports, NOVA, and history/science documentaries. Right now, it's sort of a mix because my wife had never seen From The Earth To The Moon series.

20. dawgs2014

Money:
    $7,416
    Oh if you’re only into unscripted tv, ABC has a show called, “The Bachelor” and I think you’ll love it. Organic and wholesome.