Random Thoughts

Discussion in 'Butler Basketball' started by willisbrown, May 25, 2019.

1. ButlerGoalie

ButlerGoalie Well-Known Member

Money:
    $2,542

willisbrown and NCJon like this.
  2. Crash

Crash Well-Known Member

Money:
    $529
    Excellent, now we can track where Willis is going to get his brunch in real time.

DawgsMD, dawgs2014, WAJC77 and 8 others like this.
  3. NCJon

NCJon Well-Known Member VIP Member

Money:
    $8,696
    I've got to admit, the 5G connectivity has really improved my mental acuity.

Hinkle, dawgs2014, seadawg and 3 others like this.
  4. BUcheer

BUcheer Well-Known Member VIP Member

Money:
    $7,191
  5. pjohnsto2003

pjohnsto2003 Well-Known Member

Money:
    $8,053
    Never thought about it as getting your V card, as opposed to losing it.

Sent from my iPhone using Butler Hoops

6. Hinkle

Hinkle Well-Known Member

Money:
    $11,550
    So I’m an idiot and somehow didn’t know about the importance of hydration as it relates to the vaccine side effects and I had 3 IPAs and 0 water the evening following my shot. I’m sure that contributed to not feeling 100%.

2xDawg and dawgs2014 like this.
  7. pjohnsto2003

Money:
    $8,053
    Had a heavy night of celebration drinking on this end. I only experienced fatigue and arm soreness (though the second shot soreness was nothing compared to the first).

Hinkle likes this.
  8. PSUButlerFan

PSUButlerFan Well-Known Member

Money:
    $16,067
    Underrated post. Two likes if I could give them.

Tentozen likes this.
  9. PSUButlerFan

Money:
    $16,067
    Another excellent one.

10. PSUButlerFan

Money:
    $16,067
    This! I’m still very careful. BUT:

1. On Friday night I went out to my first restaurant since I was in Big Sky end of Feb 2020. It was my mom’s birthday dinner. Felt so good to be out.

2. Yesterday I took my parents to the White Sox game. Outdoors. Distanced seating. Supposed to be in masks but most weren’t. But it was outside. Felt super good too since my dad loves the White Sox.

There is light at the end of the tunnel.

9AA788D7-D8C5-4072-BB86-A899523C71D6.jpeg

znelson15, NCJon, Tentozen and 3 others like this.
  11. willisbrown

willisbrown Well-Known Member

Money:
    $12,315
    Yeah I'm taking that advice to heart. I try to drink plenty of water daily but I also have some drinkies so I'm doubling my water efforts. Lots of peeing, but, I'd rather trek to the bathroom every 45 or so minutes vs feeling like dung garbage manana.

12. willisbrown

Money:
    $12,315
    Fatigue and arm soreness is just another day after a line up.

Robinzine Crying likes this.
  13. pjohnsto2003

Money:
    $8,053
    I am still twitching after reading that. Thanks for the “fond” memory.

14. willisbrown

Money:
    $12,315
    "These next few months will be the best times you never want to have again."

Uh-huh...

pjohnsto2003 likes this.
  15. Tentozen

Tentozen Well-Known Member

Money:
    $1,490
    Have gone out to dinner a couple of times recently and it does feel really good.

Have not been to a sporting event yet, but looking forward to getting to a Cubs game this summer.

PSUButlerFan and NCJon like this.
  16. NCJon

NCJon Well-Known Member VIP Member

Money:
    $8,696
    We went to the beach a couple of weekends ago for the first time in 18 months and it felt down right indulgent, from eating at restaurants for the first time in 15 months, to taking the kids to an ice cream parlor, to hanging out by the water. Just glorious.

What I'm looking forward to more than sports, though, is going to a concert. We're waffling on making the trip to Lexington for the Railbird Festival in August. The holdup is figuring out childcare for our two young'uns while we're out of town for a few days. That seems so much more complicated than pre-Covid since they're not vaccinated and won't be anytime soon.

I may just pull the trigger on a local show sooner.

znelson15 and Tentozen like this.
  17. Irishdawg

Irishdawg Banned User

Money:
    $1,110
    The White Sox were doing socially distanced seating before it became cool.

We are going to Big Sky here in June. Fortunate to have gotten rental cars reserved before things got crazy. Normally we hit up Yellowstone on our trips out there, but we'll see this go around. It's already normally nuts out there in the summer, can't imagine what it'll be like this year.

18. dawgs2014

dawgs2014 Well-Known Member

Money:
    $7,416
    I went to a sox game the weekend before last and it was the closest I’ve sat to anyone else in many, many years.

19. Staxawax

Staxawax Well-Known Member

Money:
    $12,050
    We are going to Cubs games next week in Cleveland and Detroit.

Sent from my iPhone using Butler Hoops mobile app

20. willisbrown

Money:
    $12,315
    The only thing I will not like with the return to Normalcy is the ATL airport back being a bustle of insanity and long security waits. I loved traveling this last year. Flew 5 times during the past year and had security issues nada. Plus you get a row pretty much to yourself (on delta). I have to fly to Louisville in July...hoping the fear is still keeping people away. I doubt it.

Obviously we've been going out around here for awhile and everything is 100% now and masks are up to the businesses if they require them. Pretty much all restrictions are lifted and even servers at restaurants don't have to wear them if their ownership allows them the choice. I went to an outdoor mall last weekend in between games and walking into a store, they were kinda up your butt still about it. Walking around and the bars, not many masks seen.

Headed to church with Mom Sunday...I am interested to see the capacity and environment there.