Random Thoughts

Discussion in 'Butler Basketball' started by willisbrown, May 25, 2019.

1. iluvsnow

iluvsnow Well-Known Member

Money:
    $798
    Heading to Great American tomorrow for the WSox and Reds. Son in from Charlotte. We've been pretty much normal all along. Montana last August for a pretty much deserted Glacier, hiking, ATV'ing, Kayaking and lots of restaurant dining. Same in North Carolina in January and lots of eating out in the home 'hood of Dayton.

Gonna miss the serenity of life without crowds.

UDDawg and willisbrown like this.
  2. znelson15

znelson15 Well-Known Member

Money:
    $1,999
    Make sure to drink your Kettlehouse beer when you make it out to Montana.

Check out the Kettlehouse amphitheater also, may be a show here when you are here and we are doing full capacity shows starting in July

Sent from my iPhone using Butler Hoops mobile app

3. pjohnsto2003

pjohnsto2003 Well-Known Member

Money:
    $8,053
    Where are you from originally, iluvsnow? Dayton proper, or an area around there?

Sent from my iPhone using Butler Hoops

4. willisbrown

willisbrown Well-Known Member

Money:
    $12,312
    I fear the traveling as I said, but this weekend we have my bday and two mother's day reservations to make and I noticed it seems to be tightening up with available times. Happy for local businesses but life as we knew it around here is back to normal.

5. PSUButlerFan

PSUButlerFan Well-Known Member

Money:
    $16,065
    Let’s see. Because the international crowd won’t be as large.

And they are limiting attendance, so good reserve now if you haven’t.

About a month ago I booked a trip to Yosemite, and we rented a place just inside the park so we can skip the entrance lottery. Be mindful.

6. PSUButlerFan

Money:
    $16,065
    By the way, if you’re all worried about rental cars, just use Turo (https://turo.com/)

Disclosure: Not an investor but some of my friends are

7. Irishdawg

Irishdawg Banned User

Money:
    $1,110
    Really good tips all around - will definitely look into reserving attendance, and you are correct about the level of international visitors not being there, didn't even think about that, but it does make up quite a large number of folks in the summer. I appreciate the good info!

I literally just heard of Turo last night as they (NPR) were talking about issues folks were having finding rental cars up in Glacier. Really smart idea, and especially in urban and touristy areas, I could see it taking off really well (if it hasn't already).

8. PSUButlerFan

Money:
    $16,065
    Haha Turo has raised over 450M in venture capital already and is valued in the billions. It has already taken off.

If Turo is like Uber, then Getaround is like Lyft. If you’d prefer, this one also works.

https://www.getaround.com/

Only used Turo, which works great, so can’t speak to Getaround, but I partied with the Getaround co-founder and her sister at 3am in New Orleans a few years ago, so I’m sure it works just fine.

9. iluvsnow

Money:
    $798
    Actually grew up in Indy.....northeast side. Spent about 10 years in Terre Haute after college....then been in the Dayton area for close to 40 years. We live in Bellbrook....just southeast of Dayton proper. How about you?

UDDawg likes this.
  10. willisbrown

Money:
    $12,312
    I went to a BWs in Dayton with my roommate and his uncle, who was a massive partier, before a Wright St game. Between his uncle and the beers in the nuttsack, we had to get a cheerleader drive us back to Indy. Good times.

11. willisbrown

Money:
    $12,312
    PS-28 hours in and nothing side effect wise. (knocks on wood). Hopefully I'm out of the woods.

ButlerProf, NCJon and pjohnsto2003 like this.
  12. iluvsnow

Money:
    $798
    I worked at WHIO-TV Dayton in ad sales. One of my great accomplishments was winning a sales contest around 1990. TV-7 is a CBS affiliate and we had all of the NCAA games. Who ever sold the most spots in the tournament got two Final 4 tickets. The final 4 was in Indy that year....and I kicked butt and won. I took my 6 year old son....we had to go to UD Athletic Director Tom Frerick's room at a downtown Indy Hotel to pick up the ducats. Frericks served as NCAA tourney director that year. Our seats at the Hoosier Dome were right amongst a who's who of NCAA coaches. We got to see Phi Slamma Jamma (UNLV) Oklahoma State with Big Cowboy and Duke. Ahhhhh memories.

NCJon, BoyGeoff, pjohnsto2003 and 2 others like this.
  13. iluvsnow

Money:
    $798
    Where's the Kettlehouse amphitheater? We homebased on Flathead Lake in August. Really liked the Whitefish area. Trying to make plans to get back there just after Labor Day this year. I would retire there...but the little lady hates cold and snow.

14. iluvsnow

Money:
    $798
    BW's still a go to for brews and wings. I always enjoyed watching the fighting between WSU fans and UD fans. They played each other for a short time back in the day...but UD said no more. Raider fans still fume at the slight....

willisbrown, pjohnsto2003 and UDDawg like this.
  15. pjohnsto2003

Money:
    $8,053
    Grew up just north in Troy and always went to the MCC Tournament. Guessing you remember the one-handed Marco Picaar free throws (what a goon). Bellbrrok is a nice area. Have relatives all around the area still, mostly Troy and Piqua, though (talk about a crap hole).

16. pjohnsto2003

Money:
    $8,053
    Also grew up with Brooks Hall, who I would think is one of the more notable names in “recent” memory for the Flyers program. Good guy and great player.

UDDawg likes this.
  17. UDDawg

UDDawg Well-Known Member

Money:
    $9,086
    I think he does some postgame radio work for the Flyers now.

pjohnsto2003 likes this.
  18. znelson15

znelson15 Well-Known Member

Money:
    $1,999
    It’s south about 2.5 hours and right next to Kettlehouse brewing which I manage.

Def check it out or atleast look at how gorgeous it is

Also you just get used to the cold since it’s so beautiful :)

Sent from my iPhone using Butler Hoops mobile app

19. PSUButlerFan

Money:
    $16,065
    Seems similar to Red Rocks. What a beautiful setting for a show.

znelson15 likes this.
  20. iluvsnow

Money:
    $798
    I was/still am a UD fan behind Butler....so ignored the Raiders....but I will say I was courtside when villainous Chris Mack....while playing for Evansville...before transferring to X....threw the infamous inbounds pass under the Ace's basket directly into Flyer's Center Wes Coffee's face....not once but twice. Damn near full on riot....and Mack became even more hated when he transferred to X. Then when Mack became X's coach and married a UD student....he and she were booed mercilessly every time they appeared at UD Arena. He is and always will be a d#&$#!

Even though I was from Indy....all of my mother's relatives were from the Arcanum area. I think one cousin owned a restaurant in Piqua. Hope to visit your great Big Sky State before the snow flies again. If we make it down your way....will definitely stop in for a Kettlehouse brew and Dawg chatter!

pjohnsto2003 and UDDawg like this.