Recruiting Notes 2.0

Discussion in 'Butler Recruiting' started by Jared Grubbs, Jan 10, 2015.

1. Jared Grubbs

Jared Grubbs Administrator Staff Member

Money:
    $15,352
    Since the other thread has gotten a bit long, I've opened up a new thread for recruiting notes regarding players that don't have a topic for themselves. I'll plan on having a new one for each calendar year to keep things a little cleaner.

2. Jared Grubbs

Money:
    $15,352
    Was at the Southport @ Franklin Central game to watch Brunk and Scruggs (videos in their threads). Was very impressed with junior guard Marcus Burk. Scored a game high 27 points. Hit five 3 pointers. Looks like last year as a sophomore he only scored 6 points a game. Didn't play AAU until this past season. Played for Indy Legends, which is not a high profile program. Kid has gone completely under the radar but is now blowing up this year at 21 points a game against a very tough schedule. Shooting 40% from 3. He's 6'4". Decently athletic. Not much college interest yet but I can't imagine that lasts long. This is the only time I've seen him play so I don't want to go overboard and say he's a high major player, but he looked like a high major player yesterday.

3. butlerfan

butlerfan New Member

Money:
    $6,350
    Jared Grubbs ‏@ButlerWay 5h5 hours ago
    @LawAndSports @michaelpointer @mtschauer Zach Gunn, Joey Brunk, Kevin Easley, Noah Smith, D'Mitrik Trice. Feel like I'm missing some still.

---------

Corey Evans ‏@coreyevans_10 Dec 21
    A guy that has to see his stock heighten in the coming months is 2015 Wayne guard Dmitrik Trice & Montverde wing Marcel Ponitka

-------

Jared: Trice is 2015. Lead guard. Have you seen him play? I never have. Is he good enough to help Butler?

4. butlerfan

butlerfan New Member

Money:
    $6,350
    Jeff Rabjohns @JeffRabjohns · Jan 10
    6-11 Fort Wayne (IN) Snider forward Malik Williams is visiting Indiana today.

5. butlerfan

butlerfan New Member

Money:
    $6,350
    Jeff Rabjohns @JeffRabjohns · Jan 9
    2016 Owensboro (KY) C Aric Holman (@AricHolman) 20 pts, 11 reb, 6 blocks tonight

6. butlerfan

butlerfan New Member

Money:
    $6,350
    SweetMixtapes ‏@SweetMixtapes Jan 11
    Wenyen Gabriel early season Mixtape Wenyen is a Absolute Beast @WenyenGabriel #Hoopmixtape #ballislife #2eZ http://youtu.be/Pbo0vVikMqY

7. butlerfan

butlerfan New Member

Money:
    $6,350
  8. butlerfan

butlerfan New Member

Money:
    $6,350
    Corey Evans @coreyevans_10 · 19m 19 minutes ago
    To correct an earlier mention, Ronnie Suggs looking solid for Vermont. Lefty slicer with a nice stroke off the catch

-----------

Suggs playing at Hoophall currently....

Corey Evans @coreyevans_10 · 36m 36 minutes ago
    Ronnie Suggs has the looks of an intriguing late get for the higher MM level. Long and lanky lefty who knows how to use length

9. ThaddeusB

ThaddeusB Active Member

Money:
    $5,482
    Smart to rename the thread - the old title was confusing (I kept thinking it was about 2015 players).

10. butlerfan

butlerfan New Member

Money:
    $6,350
    Corey Evans @coreyevans_10 · 11h 11 hours ago
    Wenyen Gabriel having a solid 2nd half here. Pick and pop 3, effective from hi post, guarding the 3 and 4 #HHClassic

Corey Evans @coreyevans_10 · 10h 10 hours ago
    One of the better available wing shooters in 15 Curtis Cobb plans on taking official visits to Fairfield and Wake Forest after the season

11. butlerfan

butlerfan New Member

Money:
    $6,350
    Rick Lewis @Coach_Rick57 · 9h 9 hours ago
    Call me a fan of 5'10 PG Paris Austin of Bishop O'Dowd

---------

Really wanted to see Butler look at him. Loved him at the Gauntlet last Spring. He has signed with Boise State, but IMO he can play at a higher level than there.

12. butlerfan

butlerfan New Member

Money:
    $6,350
  13. bumba

bumba Well-Known Member

Money:
    $6,856
    Last edited: Jan 19, 2015
  14. bumba

bumba Well-Known Member

Money:
    $6,856
  15. Staxawax

Staxawax Well-Known Member

Money:
    $9,859
    Another Keefer big man? What a surprise!

16. butlerfan

butlerfan New Member

Money:
    $6,350
    Did Wilkes matchup with Easley? If so, what was your take?

17. Jared Grubbs

Money:
    $15,352
    Wilkes outperformed Easley. I think Easley is the superior player though, but don't take that to mean I don't like Wilkes. They matched up against each other but are very different players. Lawrence North doesn't do near as good a job of getting Easley the ball in positions to score as North Central does for Wilkes. They look for Wilkes often. Wilkes is built like Woods. He can't carve out space for himself down low but still does a terrific job of raising over guys in traffic and getting his shot off through contact.

18. butlerfan

butlerfan New Member

Money:
    $6,350
    McDermott should have a big game. LN plays zone. I think Keefer would be out of his mind to zone PH, but he probably will.

19. bumba

bumba Well-Known Member

Money:
    $6,856
    @g3risingstars: 2018 prospects Antwaan Cushingberry and Deavion Washington will be attending the Butler vs Seton Hall game. Thanks Coach Johnson

20. Jared Grubbs

Money:
    $15,352
    I asked Coach Johnson today if they are going to start offering players sooner. He said he is pretty sure it's going to change. They will likely only require 2 semesters worth of grades in the future instead of 4.