Recruiting Notes 2.0

Discussion in 'Butler Recruiting' started by Jared Grubbs, Jan 10, 2015.

1. the_speakers_lab

the_speakers_lab Well-Known Member

Money:
    $4,194
  2. the_speakers_lab

Money:
    $4,194
  3. the_speakers_lab

Money:
    $4,194
  4. BUcheer

BUcheer Well-Known Member VIP Member

Money:
    $5,041
    Saw that IU offered Cole Swider yesterday. With all the intersections with Chrabascz/Chris Herren, does anyone know why we haven't gotten involved?

5. UDDawg

UDDawg Well-Known Member

Money:
    $6,565
  6. Ignatius J. Reilly

Ignatius J. Reilly Well-Known Member

Money:
    $3,961
    This is good. He's a solid player and (hopefully) he makes it to Hinkle first.

Edit: Also, VCU must have more guard minutes available if they are getting a visit. Makes me think that Thompson isn't off the board for them either.

7. Insane Dawg

Insane Dawg Well-Known Member

Money:
    $12,452
    Charlie Moore is going to Kansas. He left Cal to be close to his ailing father in Chicago. Guess he's closer.

8. Red1972

Red1972 Well-Known Member

Money:
    $1,077
    Kansas offered more money.

Staxawax likes this.
  9. I Am Butler

I Am Butler Well-Known Member

Money:
    $4,055
    May want to set up threads for McKinley Wright and Aaron Thompson.

BHayden, bumba and SpartanDawgs like this.
  10. SpartanDawgs

SpartanDawgs Well-Known Member

Money:
    $206
    Listen Butler first when what schools have contacted him. Hoping to set up a visit to Butler.

"Im hoping to maybe set up a visit. They think I could come in and" (cuts off bc I do not have full access :( )

BHayden and bumba like this.
  11. mwall787

mwall787 Well-Known Member

Money:
    $1,191

Wright has also mentioned possibly setting a visit up with Butler.
    "I’m hoping to maybe set up a visit," said Wright of Butler. "They think I could come in and play as a freshman, so it could be a great opportunity for me if Butler is the right fit."

Sent from my iPhone using Butler Hoops

BHayden likes this.
  12. butlerdude05

butlerdude05 Active Member

Money:
    $4,605
  13. bumba

bumba Well-Known Member

Money:
    $7,223

Darius Bazley decommits from Ohio State. Hope Thad is buying extinguishers in bulk for that dumpster fire.

14. firedupkaren

firedupkaren Well-Known Member

Money:
    $4,850
    I get what you're saying...but I also think that coaching staffs don't emphasize class balance as much as we think they do.

15. seadawg

seadawg Well-Known Member

Money:
    $3,349
    Good point FUK. Class balance is a consideration concerning a program's consistency and continuity. BU's balance got of whack a few years ago but the program has been fortunate to find players that seem to reload more than rebuild. Having the ability to get quality recruits along with never knowing when a player may decide to transfer, tends to make me think that although balance may be ideal it's not as important as once thought.

16. firedupkaren

firedupkaren Well-Known Member

Money:
    $4,850
    The Grad Transfer increase the past few years has sort of given HM teams an "out" if they have a year or two of improper class balance. Now for MM and schools that cannot count on attracting grad transfers at a reasonable success rate, I'm sure class balance is a much larger concern.

Net/net, It's probably something they think about, yes. But I doubt it's ever a deciding factor in any given recruitment.

Last edited: Apr 27, 2017
  17. seadawg

seadawg Well-Known Member

Money:
    $3,349
    While personally I prefer a more balanced approach, I think the success of schools with very high turnover rates via leaving for the pros or merely transferring to the greener pastures, attributes the change in philosophy. Couple that with the pressure coaches feel to produce, certainly diminishes the need for balance. BU has made that transition from MM to HM with only slight bump considering...

Brookfield Bulldog likes this.
  18. Jared Grubbs

Jared Grubbs Administrator Staff Member

Money:
    $15,859
    He definitely needs a new thread. So do a lot of guys. I'm slacking. I'll get a few up tonight before I go out to watch some of these guys tomorrow and Sunday.

19. mwall787

mwall787 Well-Known Member

Money:
    $1,191
    McKinley wright to Colorado.

Sent from my iPhone using Butler Hoops

20. bumba

bumba Well-Known Member

Money:
    $7,223