Recruiting Notes 2.0

Discussion in 'Butler Recruiting' started by Jared Grubbs, Jan 10, 2015.

1. Jared Grubbs

Jared Grubbs Administrator Staff Member

Money:
    $15,949
    bumba likes this.
  2. bumba

bumba Well-Known Member

Money:
    $7,463
  3. the_speakers_lab

the_speakers_lab Well-Known Member

Money:
    $4,238
    Maybe this was the kid we were checking out last week?? Dream Vision is based out of SoCal, but I'm too lazy to look up their roster...

4. MilkSteak

MilkSteak Well-Known Member

Money:
    $2,784

New name?

5. Ignatius J. Reilly

Ignatius J. Reilly Well-Known Member

Money:
    $4,173
    i swear that butler keeps coming up as a "new name" for Newman but we've been recruiting him since the winter.

6. ghostryder

ghostryder Active Member

Money:
    $142
    Per David Woods this morning, Aaron Thompson (defensive minded PG, former Pitt commit) has come aboard. The slot will be a little green for this year (depending on how well Jorgenson develops), but with Baldwin, and, according to Woods, Butler cross training and now Thompson added the team should be pretty well off for the next few years, provided no one gets hurt, leaves before they are ready, or transfers.

7. estar20dawg

estar20dawg Well-Known Member

Money:
    $3,084
    I just can't help to ask where you have been in the last 48 hours or reading the recruiting pages?

8. ghostryder

ghostryder Active Member

Money:
    $142
    Out of town, just got back. Only knew he was visiting. Didn't see a thread on him here.

9. BHayden

BHayden Active Member

Money:
    $456
    Not sure if anyone has noticed, but DePaul hired La Lumiere's coach and is now in the running for Brian Bowen and Tyger Campbell. Most recent crystal balls incredibly have Bowen heading to DePaul.

If this actually happens, the Big East would become even more competitive top to bottom. Not sure whether to be scared or excited. Overall, I think DePaul improving would be best for Butler and the Big East as a whole.

Sent from my iPhone using Butler Hoops

10. Mark Shelvin

Mark Shelvin Well-Known Member

Money:
    $2,034
    The high school coach hires for recruits usually backfire within an intermediate amount of time... see Memphis

Sent from my iPhone using Butler Hoops

11. ConnersvilleBulldog

ConnersvilleBulldog Well-Known Member VIP Member

Money:
    $5,454
    Very true. But if you're DePaul, it's not like you have a lot to lose.

BHayden likes this.
  12. SpartanDawgs

SpartanDawgs Well-Known Member

Money:
    $363
    Its going to happen. Its either DePaul or Creighton. Have to hope for DePaul on this one. The team will be still beatable but this just improves the Big East overall. I can see DePaul and St. Johns being in the middle of the pack next year.

13. Title

Title Well-Known Member

Money:
    $279
    Its arguable that its better for the league. The only way leagues get 50% + of their league into the NCAA Tournament is to perform well in the OOC & have a couple teams at the bottom of their league to suck up all the losses.

Take Xavier, if it weren't for DePaul serving up those wins, they don't make the Tournament as the 7th Big East team and consequently don't make the Elite Eight (with all the corresponding Units)

14. firedupkaren

firedupkaren Well-Known Member

Money:
    $4,961
    SJU will hover around 7-8 again, but I see no reason, even with Bowen to move DePaul off of the 10 line. It's one player.

15. seadawg

seadawg Well-Known Member VIP Member

Money:
    $3,524
    fuk. I can see your reasoning behind your thinking, based on the current cultures of the programs mentioned. Progress has been slow but I don't think either is that far away from turning the corner. I actually envision more of a log jam in the BE next season than what we normally expect.

16. butlerdude05

butlerdude05 Active Member

Money:
    $4,608
    If Depaul lands him, Depaul could have some momentum with the opening of their new arena right downtown too.

Sent from my SM-G935P using Butler Hoops mobile app

BHayden likes this.
  17. Insane Dawg

Insane Dawg Well-Known Member

Money:
    $12,636
    I could see SJU in the middle of the pack. They were young last year and their back court is really good.

18. Alcohol101

Alcohol101 Active Member

Money:
    $343
    I wouldn't exactly say right downtown. It's still going to be a pain in the ass to make it there. It will be interesting to see what attendance will be in the new location.

19. SpartanDawgs

SpartanDawgs Well-Known Member

Money:
    $363
    If Mullin can coach the slightest. SJU will be solid next year. Not only because of their young players last year, but they got some decent transfers as well.

Its not just one player. With another year of Cain, Max Strus? & Brian Bowen... They can win some games.

20. firedupkaren

firedupkaren Well-Known Member

Money:
    $4,961
    how did I forget about Max Strus?!?! Total game changer...