Recruiting Notes 3.0 (The LaVall Era)

Discussion in 'Butler Recruiting' started by the_speakers_lab, Jun 22, 2017.

1. seadawg

seadawg Well-Known Member VIP Member

Money:
    $3,566
    Hunter White formerly of Tindley has transferred to Pike. Another lefty 6'3" guard is great driver, good outside shooter and ballhandler, who averaged over 17 pts. per game last year. He hit the game winner in the state championship game. He may be worth keeping an eye on.

2. fdr

fdr Well-Known Member

Money:
    $1,508
    I appreciate the enthusiasm but Cooper Neese used to do the same.

3. iluvsnow

iluvsnow Active Member

Money:
    $260
    So....with Brian Bowen declared ineligible to ever play at Louisville...do we take a flyer or too much of a muddled mess?

4. SpartanDawgs

SpartanDawgs Well-Known Member

Money:
    $432
    I wouldn’t get involved. Not the Butler way.

Sent from my iPhone using Butler Hoops

5. Red1972

Red1972 Well-Known Member

Money:
    $1,192
    Stay away!

6. Insane Dawg

Insane Dawg Well-Known Member

Money:
    $12,695
    He will never play college ball.

7. seadawg

Money:
    $3,566
    Beating OSU and taking 2 of 3 at PK80 shouldn't hurt recruiting efforts, especially if BU can maintain the momentum.

8. the_speakers_lab

the_speakers_lab Well-Known Member

Money:
    $4,256
    49 other states...

9. seadawg

Money:
    $3,566
    I hope BU is taking a long serious look at Majak. Kid is as raw as can be but pretty darn athletic.

Last edited: Dec 10, 2017
  10. Ignatius J. Reilly

Ignatius J. Reilly Well-Known Member

Money:
    $4,197
    I was checking out Lowery's twitter, and he follows a lot of JC kids. It'll be interesting if we're more active in that space.

11. fdr

fdr Well-Known Member

Money:
    $1,508
    I won't pretend we don't relax academic standards for basketball players, but I would suspect a number of junior college players went that route because they struggled to get learned. I wouldn't be opposed to having a JuCo transfer if the fit was right, but I just can't picture there being many players out in the JuCo abyss that can both play at a high level and mesh with our "culture."

SpartanDawgs likes this.
  12. seadawg

Money:
    $3,566
    Someone like Polk.

13. Red1972

Red1972 Well-Known Member

Money:
    $1,192
    Polk worked out well, Horizon League Player Of the Year 2006.

14. estar20dawg

estar20dawg Well-Known Member

Money:
    $3,138
    I'd be ecstatic to get Antun Maričević from Casper College that Coach O is following dude is an efficient beast mode kid. Probably had to go Juco route with eligibility or English problems, yes recruiting internationally is difficult to get through the NCAA Clearinghouse stuff. Dude is 6'10 moves extremely well big body doesn't need the ball the ball finds him. Has offers from Nebraska and USF already. Averaging close to a double double right now.

15. MilkSteak

MilkSteak Well-Known Member

Money:
    $2,784
    Nellems is the only other recent JuCo other than Polk I can think of. And after doing some research, we also had some scrub back in ‘03-‘04 named James Parker. Can’t say I remember him. Those were some dark times for Butler.

Moral of the story...Butler hasn’t had many.

16. seadawg

Money:
    $3,566
    Colonel James Parker or "slap happy pappy Parker" as we called him is better off forgotten. A guard that could jump but couldn't dribble or shoot from Chicago.

17. BulldogsAllTheWay

BulldogsAllTheWay Well-Known Member

Money:
    $699
    James Parker. A name I haven't heard in ages. What a bum.

Thank god for Mike Green, AJ Graves, and Pete Campbell. Who knows where this program would be without them.

DawgsMD likes this.
  18. ap234

ap234 Member

Money:
    $84
    Does anyone know who Coach Lowrey was at HSE vs. Center Grove game to watch yesterday. He walked down the tunnel towards HSE's locker room and the disappeared. The only player I didn't see leave the locker room with the rest of the team was Etherington so that was my guess but I wasn't sure.

19. Title

Title Well-Known Member

Money:
    $284
    Jermaine Raffington and DeAundre Cranston are the most recent and that was a decade+ ago. It just hasn't even been in the universe of possibility for years.

20. ConnersvilleBulldog

ConnersvilleBulldog Well-Known Member VIP Member

Money:
    $5,465
    And neither of them played a game for Butler.