Recruiting Notes 3.0 (The LaVall Era)

Discussion in 'Butler Recruiting' started by the_speakers_lab, Jun 22, 2017.

1. mwall787

mwall787 Well-Known Member

Money:
    $741
  2. Dawg Guy

Dawg Guy Active Member

Money:
    $399
    Furst is probably a long shot but if IU doesn’t offer, Leal could be a great pick up. Seems like we are in on some quality guards. It’s going to be hard to keep up in the big east if we don’t recruit better. Talent disparity is really shining through the past couple years.

3. I Am Butler

I Am Butler Well-Known Member

Money:
    $3,983
    That was definitely the big guy I could see. Looked like there may have been somebody on the other side of Leal, but not sure. I have a great view of the backs of their heads.

4. bumba

bumba Well-Known Member VIP Member

Money:
    $5,311

Freeman loading up on mid-major offers.

5. Ignatius J. Reilly

Ignatius J. Reilly Well-Known Member

Money:
    $3,493
  6. DawgsMD

DawgsMD Forum Psychiatrist VIP Member

Money:
    $1,523
    So who are Lavalls big targets for 2020 and 2021 right now Jared? Any hunches?

Sent from my iPhone using Butler Hoops mobile app

knobcreekfan likes this.
  7. bumba

Money:
    $5,311
  8. bumba

Money:
    $5,311
  9. bumba

Money:
    $5,311
  10. Tiles52

Tiles52 Active Member

Money:
    $243
    I'm not sure that I buy in to how a team plays on a particular night affecting the decision-making of those recruits in attendance. You may be right, but St. John's for example was pretty bad just a couple of years ago and it didn't seem to affect recruits going there. Granted St. John's is in New York and I am sure that playing in New York is a pretty big draw for certain recruits. Now on the second part of your post, I would tend to agree that this season is not looking good for Butler.

dawgs2014 likes this.
  11. Staxawax

Staxawax Well-Known Member

Money:
    $9,673
    I may be overthinking this, but I get concerned when I scroll down the recruiting thread and almost every prospect is a guard. I know Lavall was a guard and maybe these guys relate to him for that. But, where are all of the offers for the 3,4 and 5 positions?

Sent from my iPad using Butler Hoops mobile app

12. BHayden

BHayden Active Member

Money:
    $419
    Those are all pretty much filled for at least the next couple years so we can afford to be very picky. The biggest need is guards for the future. Golden, Hastings, CD, Nze, Brunk, Tucker will fill the 3-5 for the next couple years and more.

Sent from my iPhone using Butler Hoops mobile app

estar20dawg and UDDawg like this.
  13. estar20dawg

estar20dawg Well-Known Member

Money:
    $1,772
    forgot Mulloy as well ;)