Recruiting Notes 3.0 (The LaVall Era)

Discussion in 'Butler Recruiting' started by the_speakers_lab, Jun 22, 2017.

1. PSUButlerFan

PSUButlerFan Well-Known Member

Money:
    $8,002
    Do we have a realistic shot with any of these guys? Which have visited? Which are the staff actively recruiting?

2. estar20dawg

estar20dawg Well-Known Member

Money:
    $3,088
    Tyler Beard, Eugene Brown, Anthony Leal, Jahari Long

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Butler Hoops mobile app

3. estar20dawg

Money:
    $3,088
    Agreed. I too am very high on him. Id take a Beard Brown class

Last edited: Feb 16, 2019
  4. TheDawgDub95

TheDawgDub95 Well-Known Member

Money:
    $813
    Are we recruiting anyone 6'7 to 6'9" in 2020 or are we good until the 2021 class in that regard. I'm not discounting who we have or who is committed, but a physical presence to compliment the skill guys would be comforting. Maybe that's Golden and Nze. One note of optimism is on Hastings. I don't know exactly what it means, but, I am hearing really good things about how he is looking in practice.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Butler Hoops mobile app

5. estar20dawg

Money:
    $3,088
    That was always the hope for Hastings is that he would develop into a really, really good player because he is arguably the best athlete we have ever had come through. He's got a really good head on his shoulders and has the unteachable physical gifts. I know I was pretty excited when we got him where he would be in 3 years with development.

6. Mr X

Mr X Super Moderator

Money:
    $221
  7. TheDawgDub95

TheDawgDub95 Well-Known Member

Money:
    $813
    It would be nice to hear some recruiting news/coaches visits with the team off this weekend. Also, hope some of our priority targets can be at the last 2 home games.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Butler Hoops mobile app

8. mwall787

mwall787 Well-Known Member

Money:
    $1,237

Saw this earlier because I was looking for the same info. Says he flew home from Dallas this morning with Val. Don’t know who he was watching/visiting though.

TheDawgDub95 likes this.
  9. estar20dawg

Money:
    $3,088
    Eugene Brown seems like the logical choice

10. UDDawg

UDDawg Well-Known Member

Money:
    $6,779
    I thought Brown was from the Atlanta area? Jahari Long is from Texas, isn't he?

estar20dawg likes this.
  11. estar20dawg

Money:
    $3,088
    Yes my bad. You're right. Got turned around.

12. bumba

bumba Well-Known Member

Money:
    $7,472
    2020 Jahari Long or 2021 Harrison Ingram?

13. mwall787

mwall787 Well-Known Member

Money:
    $1,237
    2020 SF Michael Jefferson is from Texas and had a game just outside of Dallas in Waxahachie.

Sent from my iPad using Butler Hoops mobile app

bumba and estar20dawg like this.
  14. bumba

bumba Well-Known Member

Money:
    $7,472

Benton visited Dayton in January.

15. estar20dawg

Money:
    $3,088
    Interesting, doesn't look like a high major player yet. Needs to definitely hit the conditioning and weight room. I guess in today's basketball though 6'8 that can shoot plays. But doesn't appear overly athletic or quick feet.

16. Red1972

Red1972 Well-Known Member

Money:
    $1,167
    IT WILL be an interesting Spring and Summer, three scholarships open for 2020-2021, maybe more if anyone transfers out which could happen.

17. Lukas Harkins

Lukas Harkins Well-Known Member

Money:
    $1,331
    DawgPoundMac likes this.
  18. bumba

bumba Well-Known Member

Money:
    $7,472

19. UDDawg

UDDawg Well-Known Member

Money:
    $6,779
    https://www.indystar.com/story/spor...825002/?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter

"Butler is located in the middle of the Big Ten’s footprint, and it has been difficult to out-recruit the Big Ten for elite prospects, especially in Indiana. Jordan cited the example of one Marion County player who might have picked Butler but wanted to leave home for college."

Wonder who he might be talking about. Aaron Henry?

jkcdawgs likes this.
  20. IndyDawgs

IndyDawgs Active Member

Money:
    $429
    David Woods really spoke some truth in this piece.

Butler's recruiting has been bad. It's not any one particular person's fault and there are structural difficulties. In some ways those challenges make the success they've had more impressive.

That being said, Butler probably can't ever land a Top 25 recruiting class because we typically only have room to sign 2-3 (maybe 4) players while teams like Kentucky, Duke, UNC, Indiana, Purdue, Syracuse, Kansas, UCLA etc need to sign 4+ players just to fill their roster. That being said, a reasonable goal for Butler should be for every class to go to the Sweet 16 at least once. To do that, they need Top 50 recruiting classes EVERY YEAR and still need a good transfer or two (grad transfer or regular transfer).

dawgs2014, huss587, jkcdawgs and 4 others like this.