Recruiting Notes 3.0 (The LaVall Era)

Discussion in 'Butler Recruiting' started by the_speakers_lab, Jun 22, 2017.

1. BulldogsAllTheWay

BulldogsAllTheWay Well-Known Member

Money:
    $685
    I'm pretty down on HB. I thought he'd take a giant leap this season. He didn't. He's meh at best. And I think his defense is incredibly overrated.

I'd hope LaVall could convince someone better than HB to come to Butler. There's always tons of talent in the transfer market. I don't think we should blow the ship up, but we need more pieces to compete next year and especially the following season.

2. Staxawax

Staxawax Well-Known Member

Money:
    $9,984
    Why would sending an assistant out for recruiting rule Butler out of the NIT? Also didn't league rules prohibit a CBI appearance anyway?

Sent from my iPad using Butler Hoops mobile app

3. UDDawg

UDDawg Well-Known Member

Money:
    $6,780
    Because the dates listed for the Canada tournament overlap the first round of the NIT. I didn’t mention the CBI.

4. Staxawax

Money:
    $9,984
    Another post mentioned the CBI. My question remains unanswered to my satisfaction. Does the assistant have to remain with the team if they are still playing?

5. UDDawg

UDDawg Well-Known Member

Money:
    $6,780
    When has a team ever played without one of its assistants on the bench for any reason other than some sort of emergency?

6. Daddysmack

Daddysmack Well-Known Member VIP Member

Money:
    $347
    To your satisfaction?

SpartanDawgs and knobcreekfan like this.
  7. bwesson15

bwesson15 Active Member

The 1st round of the NIT is the 19th and 20th so technically you could do both. I don't really see us making it so it probably doesn't matter.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Butler Hoops mobile app

8. Staxawax

Money:
    $9,984
    Somehow I knew those 3 words would bother you. I just wondered if it was an NCAA rule or as UDDawg posted you don't go into a game without all of your coaches. Frankly if both the NIT and this recruiting opportunity were important, I would excuse my assistant. Obviously that's just me.

9. Daddysmack

Money:
    $347

NBD, no idea how it works, but I would assume they are done either way. Time to regroup and based on what we are seeing.....sure seems like we have at least 1 transfer, so hit the pavement and find an under the radar guy or a grad transfer. Let alone the 2020 market.

10. UDDawg

UDDawg Well-Known Member

Money:
    $6,780
    Yeah, I was just going by the dates, that's it.

11. Lukas Harkins

Lukas Harkins Well-Known Member

Money:
    $1,338
  12. willisbrown

willisbrown Well-Known Member

Money:
    $3,738
    "Hi! My name is LaVall...would you like to come play for my dumpster fire and watch our program and athletic program burn to the ground? Oh...no. Damn. Guess I'll have to keep shoving that McDermott scrub on my fans."

13. Daddysmack

Money:
    $347
    Stop! Making fun of these college kids is not cool. Judge LaVall, judge the staff, judge a play, judge in game decisions. But calling McDermott a scrub, a college kid, especially what he has gone thru with himself and his family is just not cool at all. Classless!

14. ConnersvilleBulldog

ConnersvilleBulldog Well-Known Member VIP Member

Money:
    $5,454
    In one post, you implied we don’t have good enough players, while also making fun of LaVall for trying to get better players.

15. willisbrown

Money:
    $3,738
    He's got great hair but he isn't very good at basketball. Yet LaVall and 90% of people around here make him like he's Jesus. Drives me nuts.

16. willisbrown

Money:
    $3,738
    Talented, isn't it.

In truth the final four runs are distant memories and I was just poking. Looking at the rest of that list...giggling. Wondering what LaVall could offer anyone to attract us to this mess. Especially against that list.

17. Daddysmack

Money:
    $347
    What drives me nuts is people picking on college kids.....KIDS!. You should be so lucky to have a 5th year kid as a player in the BE going to a school like Butler. Fighting his way back from almost dying and a mother that fought cancer. Maybe we can get better players, but that's on LaVall and the staff, not Sean McDermott!

Stop!

Tentozen, godogs91 and tlp63 like this.
  18. willisbrown

Money:
    $3,738
    So can I at least say he sucks at basketball or is that off the table beause someone fought cancer? Curious.

My dad is dead as far as I know and I had to watch my mother go through some God awful ****. And I've battled health issues. But when I suck at least I own it and don't care when people clown me. He's like 30. He can handle it.

19. Daddysmack

Money:
    $347
    Then own it, because you suck!

ButlerAlumDad716 likes this.
  20. willisbrown

Money:
    $3,738
    This is true.