Recruiting Notes 3.0 (The LaVall Era)

Discussion in 'Butler Recruiting' started by the_speakers_lab, Jun 22, 2017.

1. ButlerNut

ButlerNut Well-Known Member VIP Member

Money:
    $3,972

The kiss of death when TFP agrees with someone.

I am shocked TFP mentioned getting rid of the coach. That is the first time I have heard that from him.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Butler Hoops mobile app

Tentozen likes this.
  2. Army Dawg!!!

Army Dawg!!! Active Member

Money:
    $150
    I can’t for the life of me understand how someone can say “I am not sure what he brings to the table?” Tucker is a 6-7 shooting guard small forward. He’s brings a lot to butlers table. Give the kid a chance. Now kids that Duke recruited aren’t good enough for Butler I guess. ;);) He played like 14 mins total in 2017-2018 so he’s basically a freshman this year starting in the big east (maybe shouldn't be). He’s lazy with passes and dibbling probably because he hasn’t quite caught up to the speed yet. Let’s not forget, Kelan would get the ball stolen from 7th graders with his handles. Tucker’s D is terrible. Most kids at his level are. AAU and prep school are about highlight reels and scoring. He will take time to learn that. May never be great but he will be better.

3. Staxawax

Staxawax Well-Known Member

Money:
    $9,801
    Can we just stop complaining about shooting form? People complained about Rosey Jones for 4 years, did he ever change? Trevon Bluiett shoots from the hip but when he was open he hit a high percentage. Reggie Miller's form is very close to Henry's, he had a pretty good career. Henry shot over 50% from inside the arc and 45% from outside in '17 - '18. This season his percentages tanked (with the rest of the team) in my opinion because Butler ran a vanilla offense that was easily defended. He's not going to change his shot, nor should he!

Sent from my iPad using Butler Hoops mobile app

pappyball and Tentozen like this.
  4. Insane Dawg

Insane Dawg Well-Known Member

Money:
    $11,779
    Too late for Baddley to change his form. Point being he is a candidate for a grad transfer to a mid major if he wants to start or play more minutes but at best will be a role player next year at Butler.

It’s not too late for AT however to change his shot and become a threat. Most of his problem is how he holds the ball before he releases it along with lack of confidence.

Yes form matters and yes you can always find an example to prove the opposite. Can you imagine how good Rose would have been even with Baldwin’s jump shot form which isn’t great?

Bluiett and Miller release and ball rotation are way different than Baddley

5. readyletsgo

readyletsgo Active Member

Money:
    $483
    So in conclusion everyone is transferring, and everyone is definitely not transferring.

DawgsMD likes this.
  6. willisbrown

willisbrown Well-Known Member

Money:
    $1,680
    As with any frustrating year, I'd expect a couple moving, if they want to play and contribute. Just happens. I do believe as others have noted McD is happy and staying...but out of Baddely, Butler and David we could easily see 1-2.

7. bumba

bumba Well-Known Member

Money:
    $6,376
  8. Danville Bulldog

Danville Bulldog Active Member VIP Member

Money:
    $991
    Jeff Meyer should retire.

willisbrown likes this.
  9. UDDawg

UDDawg Well-Known Member

Money:
    $6,128
    Looks like this basically rules out the NIT if the dates are right, no? Before someone jumps down my throat, that doesn’t mean I was expecting us to play in it.

10. BURph92

BURph92 Well-Known Member

Money:
    $995
    Butler has already declined the CBI according to David Woods so the season is over.

Sent from my iPhone using Butler Hoops

SpartanDawgs and jkcdawgs like this.
  11. BulldogsAllTheWay

BulldogsAllTheWay Well-Known Member

Money:
    $336
    I kind of hope a player or two leaves. We need an infusion of talent. Plain and simple.

12. jkcdawgs

jkcdawgs Active Member

Money:
    $294
    Two would be ideal.

The only players I would hate losing are CD, Kamar, AT, Golden, and Hastings. I like Baddley, but he’s burried and probably leaving.

13. dawgs2014

dawgs2014 Well-Known Member

Money:
    $1,947
    I agree that getting more talent would be nice, but I also don’t think it’s so easy to go out there and get a difference maker.

What about Butler is more attractive now than before?

Are there that many guys out there who would be an immediate upgrade over a Henry Baddley type guy?

What we lacked this year was star power and defense. We don’t need another rotation guy, we have plenty of those. We need continuity, teamwork on defense, and one more guy who can just flat out het buckets. If that player is out there for next year, we’re not going to be the only one that wants him.

Sent from my iPhone using Butler Hoops

Hinkle likes this.
  14. BulldogsAllTheWay

BulldogsAllTheWay Well-Known Member

Money:
    $336
    I'm pretty down on HB. I thought he'd take a giant leap this season. He didn't. He's meh at best. And I think his defense is incredibly overrated.

I'd hope LaVall could convince someone better than HB to come to Butler. There's always tons of talent in the transfer market. I don't think we should blow the ship up, but we need more pieces to compete next year and especially the following season.

15. Staxawax

Money:
    $9,801
    Why would sending an assistant out for recruiting rule Butler out of the NIT? Also didn't league rules prohibit a CBI appearance anyway?

16. UDDawg

UDDawg Well-Known Member

Money:
    $6,128
    Because the dates listed for the Canada tournament overlap the first round of the NIT. I didn’t mention the CBI.

17. Staxawax

Money:
    $9,801
    Another post mentioned the CBI. My question remains unanswered to my satisfaction. Does the assistant have to remain with the team if they are still playing?

18. UDDawg

UDDawg Well-Known Member

Money:
    $6,128
    When has a team ever played without one of its assistants on the bench for any reason other than some sort of emergency?

19. Daddysmack

Daddysmack Active Member VIP Member

Money:
    $179
    To your satisfaction?

SpartanDawgs and knobcreekfan like this.
  20. bwesson15

bwesson15 Active Member

The 1st round of the NIT is the 19th and 20th so technically you could do both. I don't really see us making it so it probably doesn't matter.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Butler Hoops mobile app