Recruiting Notes 3.0 (The LaVall Era)

Discussion in 'Butler Recruiting' started by the_speakers_lab, Jun 22, 2017.

1. willisbrown

willisbrown Well-Known Member

Money:
    $2,386
    With Brunk's departure I'm afraid McDermott will see way more than we would like at the 4.

2. bumba

bumba Well-Known Member

Money:
    $6,856
  3. bumba

bumba Well-Known Member

Money:
    $6,856
  4. IndyDawgs

IndyDawgs Active Member

Money:
    $429
    I don't know if this really fits in this thread or not but isn't this the reason Brad Stevens left for the Celtics but didn't express much interest in other college jobs?

5. CarmelDawg23

CarmelDawg23 Well-Known Member

Money:
    $822

Again...no current scholly for 2019 at the moment, but a big name 2019 recruit back on the market.

bumba and Daddysmack like this.
  6. SpartanDawgs

SpartanDawgs Well-Known Member

Money:
    $154
    Dude is only 5"8 which scares me but maybe Omar can finally use use his Texas connections and give us a good chance...

7. CarmelDawg23

CarmelDawg23 Well-Known Member

Money:
    $822
    Tremont Waters is 5'11, Jared Harper is 5'10, Tyler Ulis is 5'9, Yogi Ferrell is 5'11...I think talent is talent and I'd gladly take him despite his potential vertical deficiencies.

willisbrown likes this.
  8. BUcheer

BUcheer Well-Known Member VIP Member

Money:
    $4,854
    Doubt Carsen Edwards is even 5’9”.

9. willisbrown

Money:
    $2,386
    Jalen Windham (commited to Ga St) just reopened his recruitment. Was a Hunter recruit. Ben Davis project. 6'5" and a pretty good shooter. Could be a sneaky good target.

DawgPoundMac, BHayden and UDDawg like this.
  10. Tiles52

Tiles52 Active Member

Money:
    $348
    J'Von McCormick is listed at 6'0'' but he doesn't look that tall; however, I would take him in a heartbeat. If you are a "player", how tall or short you are should not matter.

bumba likes this.
  11. UDDawg

UDDawg Well-Known Member

Money:
    $6,294
    I love his shot, but I'm not sure how he stacks up athletically. We do need more shooting, though.

12. Tiles52

Tiles52 Active Member

Money:
    $348
    I like Jalen Windham, but I question whether he and Battle would be competing for the same minutes.

13. willisbrown

Money:
    $2,386
    Yeah from what I've seen he can knock down that shot pretty well. Fans I know at the state final were impressed by him against Carmel. I'd be on the phone...give me all the shooters I can get.

And Tiles...I think Battle and he could form quite the flanking duo in the coming years. I don't think they'd get into each other's way. I don't know if we'd shake the trees but I'd be down with an offer.

14. bumba

bumba Well-Known Member

Money:
    $6,856
    Bolt recruited both Tremont Waters & Wabissa Bede, who played in the Sweet 16 last night. I think they were 6 foot or right around there (Waters was smaller). Bede looks like a chiseled rock who's spends lots of time in the weight room.

15. bumba

bumba Well-Known Member

Money:
    $6,856

Jaden Ivey, Nigel Pack, Trey Galloway, Anthony Leal and other guys we've been connected to.

16. bumba

bumba Well-Known Member

Money:
    $6,856

17. willisbrown

Money:
    $2,386
    Purdue and Missouri with interest in LaVaria, IU in Windham, not a peep from us...if he's good enough for them we should be sniffing too. Unless LaVall knows exactly who he is going after and has a warm temp feel for those players.

18. bumba

bumba Well-Known Member

Money:
    $6,856

19. jkcdawgs

jkcdawgs Well-Known Member

Money:
    $375
    It would be great to raise some money for the board again this offseason. Plus, I would love to send Jared out to Peach Jam for another year. I feel like he was able to get some good videos, evaluations, etc. for us.

Side note: Man, do I miss Tyler Hicks. 75% of Butler recruiting info goes unreported now. It’s hard to get a feel on if a recruit is liking what the staff is selling, and maybe that’s contributing to the overall disappointment around the program. He was great at staying on top of visits, who the coaches went to see, and would regularly get updates from recruits or family members. It’d be great if the 247 “In The Dawg Pound” reporter was worth a damn.

20. bu2013

bu2013 Active Member

Money:
    $193
    Did Tyler have some affiliation with Holt's staff? He seemed to eat sleep and breathe Butler but then ended up following that dude to OSU

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Butler Hoops mobile app