Recruiting Notes 3.0 (The LaVall Era)

Discussion in 'Butler Recruiting' started by the_speakers_lab, Jun 22, 2017.

1. NCJon

NCJon Well-Known Member VIP Member

Money:
    $6,277
    I mean, I agree you have to make the call, but he was a teammate of Aaron Thompson in high school and would he be OK coming off the bench behind AT as a freshman and/or would he expect starter's minutes?

I can't exactly explain why, but I feel like that calculus is a lot harder when the guy you're trying to push out is someone you've known for a while.

bumba likes this.
  2. bumba

bumba Well-Known Member

Money:
    $7,472
    He's a 6'3 combo guard. Imagine a taller version of Baldwin who only has to wait a year to compete for the opportunity to start. Sounds like he can play both the 1 & 2.

3. dawgs2014

dawgs2014 Well-Known Member

Money:
    $2,589
    Is anyone else peeved by all these departure/commitment notices that ALL include the phrasing “with that being said....”

Am I wrong to think it not only sounds awkward, but is also used awkwardly, and for some reason every kid says that?

This is probably one of my “things” but I think it’s bizarre.

Sent from my iPhone using Butler Hoops

cornette33, Mad_Dawg 48 and GoodDawgs like this.
  4. willisbrown

willisbrown Well-Known Member

Money:
    $3,728
    Lavaria with OVs to Xavier and Creighton. He must be like good and stuff.

SMH this staff.

5. Red1972

Red1972 Well-Known Member

Money:
    $1,167
    Bet on it staff, the kid can play!

6. mwall787

mwall787 Well-Known Member

Money:
    $1,237

Kyle corrected himself...Bryce Moore (grad transfer) has the OVs.

Sent from my iPad using Butler Hoops mobile app

7. willisbrown

Money:
    $3,728
    Really is hilarious that they won't even give the kid a sniff. In their own backyard.

Let's pray this means they have a bigger fish already on the hook. This kid can get it. Got turned on to him a few months ago, steadily watched from far...man he's got something. I just hope we have something better in mind, otherwise, unacceptable.

8. ConnersvilleBulldog

ConnersvilleBulldog Well-Known Member VIP Member

Money:
    $5,454
    He doesn’t, Neddenriep meant Bryce Moore has officials with Xavier and Creighton.

9. willisbrown

Money:
    $3,728
    The kid still can play. Still needs attention.

But don't I feel like a poop faced fart.

Tentozen likes this.
  10. willisbrown

Money:
    $3,728
    I went from aggravated to happy. I want nothing to do with Moore and everything to do with sniffing Lavaria. My error in trusting neddintart is my fault. Carry on, and eat Qdoba.

11. ConnersvilleBulldog

Money:
    $5,454
    Just saying, if you thought it was unjustifiable that our staff wasn’t recruiting Lavaria if Creighton and Xavier were. Then by the same logic, wouldn’t Creighton and Xavier being interested in Bryce Moore justify the staff’s interest in him?

DawgPoundMac and NCJon like this.
  12. Red1972

Red1972 Well-Known Member

Money:
    $1,167
    LaVaria should be a priority, he is right in our backyard and can play. Purdue thinks so!

13. Hinkle Magic2

Hinkle Magic2 Well-Known Member

Money:
    $792
    Coaching staff is probably looking for more scoring, but I'd like to see Butler basketball get back to its defensive roots. Moore would be a nice pickup. I'm not saying he's the best option, but you also don't want to run the risk of striking out either. It's a chess game.

Staxawax likes this.
  14. estar20dawg

estar20dawg Well-Known Member

Money:
    $3,088
    Just curious why you think Moore would be a nice pick up. His defense wasn't great or even good it was average at best with limited offensive upside couple that with Smits equals worst case scenario and last place next year...

15. ConnersvilleBulldog

Money:
    $5,454
    Wasn’t Moore an all-conference defender?

Hinkle Magic2 likes this.
  16. bumba

bumba Well-Known Member

Money:
    $7,472

17. willisbrown

Money:
    $3,728
    Good point. I think I'm very biased towards the situation in all honesty. This kid may turn out to be a dud but something screams "player" to me. Moore on the other hand is gimping in on one leg and was marginal before he was injured and then continued to play on it (what kind of medical staff does wmu have anyway?). It's simply my opinion, main priority is going after transfers but if more scholarships become available, no reason not to at least give this kid a look.

ConnersvilleBulldog likes this.
  18. firedupkaren

firedupkaren Well-Known Member

Money:
    $4,961
    So let me get this straight...

Two days ago you’re trashing the idea of Butler being interested in Bryce Moore.

Now there is a tweet that is a mistake that links a kid to Xavier and Creighton, and that makes you question what our staff is doing.

Turns out that kid is Bryce Moore.

Just want to make sure you realize how contradictory you’re being. Give the staff some credit. You get mad at dawgs2014 for being a know it all...?

NCJon likes this.
  19. Tiles52

Tiles52 Active Member

Money:
    $411
    Can we spell his name correctly when talking about him. Jake LaRavia.

20. bumba

bumba Well-Known Member

Money:
    $7,472