Recruiting Notes 3.0 (The LaVall Era)

Discussion in 'Butler Recruiting' started by the_speakers_lab, Jun 22, 2017.

1. ConnersvilleBulldog

ConnersvilleBulldog Well-Known Member VIP Member

Money:
    $5,108
    He doesn’t, Neddenriep meant Bryce Moore has officials with Xavier and Creighton.

2. willisbrown

willisbrown Well-Known Member

Money:
    $2,385
    The kid still can play. Still needs attention.

But don't I feel like a poop faced fart.

Tentozen likes this.
  3. willisbrown

Money:
    $2,385
    I went from aggravated to happy. I want nothing to do with Moore and everything to do with sniffing Lavaria. My error in trusting neddintart is my fault. Carry on, and eat Qdoba.

4. ConnersvilleBulldog

Money:
    $5,108
    Just saying, if you thought it was unjustifiable that our staff wasn’t recruiting Lavaria if Creighton and Xavier were. Then by the same logic, wouldn’t Creighton and Xavier being interested in Bryce Moore justify the staff’s interest in him?

DawgPoundMac and NCJon like this.
  5. Red1972

Red1972 Well-Known Member

Money:
    $964
    LaVaria should be a priority, he is right in our backyard and can play. Purdue thinks so!

6. Hinkle Magic2

Hinkle Magic2 Well-Known Member

Money:
    $681
    Coaching staff is probably looking for more scoring, but I'd like to see Butler basketball get back to its defensive roots. Moore would be a nice pickup. I'm not saying he's the best option, but you also don't want to run the risk of striking out either. It's a chess game.

Staxawax likes this.
  7. estar20dawg

estar20dawg Well-Known Member

Money:
    $2,598
    Just curious why you think Moore would be a nice pick up. His defense wasn't great or even good it was average at best with limited offensive upside couple that with Smits equals worst case scenario and last place next year...

8. ConnersvilleBulldog

Money:
    $5,108
    Wasn’t Moore an all-conference defender?

Hinkle Magic2 likes this.
  9. bumba

bumba Well-Known Member

Money:
    $6,856

10. willisbrown

Money:
    $2,385
    Good point. I think I'm very biased towards the situation in all honesty. This kid may turn out to be a dud but something screams "player" to me. Moore on the other hand is gimping in on one leg and was marginal before he was injured and then continued to play on it (what kind of medical staff does wmu have anyway?). It's simply my opinion, main priority is going after transfers but if more scholarships become available, no reason not to at least give this kid a look.

ConnersvilleBulldog likes this.
  11. firedupkaren

firedupkaren Well-Known Member

Money:
    $4,502
    So let me get this straight...

Two days ago you’re trashing the idea of Butler being interested in Bryce Moore.

Now there is a tweet that is a mistake that links a kid to Xavier and Creighton, and that makes you question what our staff is doing.

Turns out that kid is Bryce Moore.

Just want to make sure you realize how contradictory you’re being. Give the staff some credit. You get mad at dawgs2014 for being a know it all...?

NCJon likes this.
  12. Tiles52

Tiles52 Active Member

Money:
    $348
    Can we spell his name correctly when talking about him. Jake LaRavia.

13. bumba

bumba Well-Known Member

Money:
    $6,856
  14. bumba

bumba Well-Known Member

Money:
    $6,856
  15. BulldogsAllTheWay

BulldogsAllTheWay Well-Known Member

Money:
    $444
    I’m on the LaRavia train but I bet he goes to Purdue. We appear to have no interest. But gosh I’m a sucker for lights out 6’8 shooters

Sent from my iPhone using Butler Hoops mobile app

16. bumba

bumba Well-Known Member

Money:
    $6,856
  17. Insane Dawg

Insane Dawg Well-Known Member

Money:
    $12,181
    Do you think Wendell Green Sr. is proud of Wendell Green Jr?

18. Hinkle Magic2

Hinkle Magic2 Well-Known Member

Money:
    $681
    He was on the All-MAC's defensive team, named his team's defensive player of the year, and was named one of the 30 best "in your grill" defenders by ESPN College Basketball analyst Jay Bilas. I think it's safe to say, he's a pretty good defender.

19. bumba

bumba Well-Known Member

Money:
    $6,856
    Yes lol. Looks like a beatable list though for a LaLu point guard.

Hinkle Magic2 likes this.
  20. estar20dawg

estar20dawg Well-Known Member

Money:
    $2,598
    Have you actually ever watched him play...just curious. I don't base my thoughts on awards given out by ESPN and Jay Bilas. Not hard to be WMU defensive player of the year... Just saying he's an average defender. To call him a stopper or elite I think is a mistake and would get exposed at a major conference level trying to guard some of these guards.