Recruiting Notes 3.0 (The LaVall Era)

Discussion in 'Butler Recruiting' started by the_speakers_lab, Jun 22, 2017.

1. bumba

bumba Well-Known Member

Money:
    $7,471
  2. BulldogsAllTheWay

BulldogsAllTheWay Well-Known Member

Money:
    $685
    I’m on the LaRavia train but I bet he goes to Purdue. We appear to have no interest. But gosh I’m a sucker for lights out 6’8 shooters

Sent from my iPhone using Butler Hoops mobile app

3. bumba

bumba Well-Known Member

Money:
    $7,471
  4. Insane Dawg

Insane Dawg Well-Known Member

Money:
    $12,648
    Do you think Wendell Green Sr. is proud of Wendell Green Jr?

5. Hinkle Magic2

Hinkle Magic2 Well-Known Member

Money:
    $792
    He was on the All-MAC's defensive team, named his team's defensive player of the year, and was named one of the 30 best "in your grill" defenders by ESPN College Basketball analyst Jay Bilas. I think it's safe to say, he's a pretty good defender.

6. bumba

bumba Well-Known Member

Money:
    $7,471
    Yes lol. Looks like a beatable list though for a LaLu point guard.

Hinkle Magic2 likes this.
  7. estar20dawg

estar20dawg Well-Known Member

Money:
    $3,088
    Have you actually ever watched him play...just curious. I don't base my thoughts on awards given out by ESPN and Jay Bilas. Not hard to be WMU defensive player of the year... Just saying he's an average defender. To call him a stopper or elite I think is a mistake and would get exposed at a major conference level trying to guard some of these guards.

8. Insane Dawg

Insane Dawg Well-Known Member

Money:
    $12,648
    How does one become classified as elite or lock down? Is it based on stats or group think?

estar20dawg likes this.
  9. estar20dawg

Money:
    $3,088
    Good question. I'd say a bit of both, look at Thybulle from Washington what a man-child on the defensive end, reminds me of the Honey Badger Tyann Mathieu when he was at LSU his anticipation, instincts and athletic ability make so many things happen

10. Hinkle Magic2

Money:
    $792
    I never said he was elite or a lockdown. I said he was a pretty good defender.

I don't think they hand out conference awards for defense if you aren't good--even at the MAC level. That seems like it would run counterintuitive.

And before someone says, "Yeah, that's in the MAC." Ronald Nored was an elite defender in the Horizon, it carried over in any conference and into the NCAA tournament. I also trust Jay Bilas on something like that, he watches a lot of teams and is an intelligent basketball mind.

11. estar20dawg

Money:
    $3,088

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Butler Hoops mobile app

2xDawg and Hinkle Nation like this.
  12. the_speakers_lab

the_speakers_lab Well-Known Member

Money:
    $4,239
    I think if LaRavia wants more big time offers, he should do a 5th year at some prep school. Allegedly, he's young for his grade. A prep school would give him a chance to be seen more, develop both on the court, and off the court in the weight room. He could also, theoretically, make more of an impact his freshman in college.

13. bumba

bumba Well-Known Member

Money:
    $7,471
  14. cornette33

cornette33 Well-Known Member

Money:
    $965
    Summary by chance? Need an account.

15. Hinkle Magic2

Money:
    $792
    Any good? St. John's has offered, but rest of schools seem like mid-majors.

16. willisbrown

willisbrown Well-Known Member

Money:
    $3,711
    We're in on Williams, Jr from Duquesne. He was mentioned earlier in the day and allegedly we're after him.

William and Mary transfer Justin Pierce, who would have been a good target, taking an OV to Notre Dame this weekend. Looks like we're not in on that one. Otherwise he'd be seeing us too.

cornette33 and Hinkle Magic2 like this.
  17. Hinkle Magic2

Money:
    $792
    This looks good! I don't know if we have another wing on the roster who could do that.

Maybe Hastings?

Hinkle Nation and willisbrown like this.
  18. bumba

bumba Well-Known Member

Money:
    $7,471
  19. cornette33

cornette33 Well-Known Member

Money:
    $965
    So potentially getting this kid would it count as a scholly for this yr? It would be for the yr he would be eligible right?

20. willisbrown

willisbrown Well-Known Member

Money:
    $3,711
    He's a sit one, play two, but yeah the schollie would count against us in 2019-2020.