Recruiting Notes 3.0 (The LaVall Era)

Discussion in 'Butler Recruiting' started by the_speakers_lab, Jun 22, 2017.

1. bumba

bumba Well-Known Member

Money:
    $7,463
  2. BUcheer

BUcheer Well-Known Member VIP Member

Money:
    $5,127
    Oh, not denying it’s a business driven bias, but I also believe there is a bias in content—as in rooting for IU to win. It may not be as obvious in the articles but moreso in the tweets. I don’t think that should be the role of a journalist—even if it’s their alma mater and the majority of their readership.

bumba likes this.
  3. bumba

bumba Well-Known Member

Money:
    $7,463
    Agree, especially the Purdue stuff. Gannett bought the Lafayette Courier & Journal and they still use the same content that's published daily. It couldn't be more biased.

https://www.jconline.com/story/spor...staff-recognized-nine-apse-awards/3357116002/

4. bumba

bumba Well-Known Member

Money:
    $7,463
    If this was the case, there would be a picture gallery of Colts cheerleaders on the front page of the sports section everyday. It's the biggest clicks day of the year lol (unless something out of the ordinary in sports happens).

5. bumba

bumba Well-Known Member

Money:
    $7,463

6. bumba

bumba Well-Known Member

Money:
    $7,463
    Did we ever call or have any connection here?

7. bumba

bumba Well-Known Member

Money:
    $7,463

Steward gets an ND offer after they miss on Ivey.

8. bumba

bumba Well-Known Member

Money:
    $7,463

9. bumba

bumba Well-Known Member

Money:
    $7,463

10. Trumpforpresident2020

Trumpforpresident2020 Active Member

Well.... at least the man is consistent. I have to give him that. He is never able to seal the deal. Well I guess maybe next time. o_O

11. tedfrye

tedfrye Active Member

Money:
    $169
    Lots of good players being recruited. That’s a plus. But only 1 has said yes. Khalif Battle. You’re not a good recruiter if your finishing 2nd or 3rd most of the time. Time will tell. At least the effort is there.

Sent from my iPhone using Butler Hoops mobile app

12. pjohnsto2003

pjohnsto2003 Well-Known Member

Money:
    $4,778
    I apparently spoke too soon...

Sent from my iPhone using Butler Hoops

13. ButlerBoyz

ButlerBoyz Member

Money:
    $84
    I'm not quite sure where all the LJ can't recruit buzz is coming from but it doesn't seem fair. Based on the 247 composite scores Tucker and Battle are 2 of the highest rated players in Butler's history. Just because we don't hear about the staff doing their jobs doesn't mean LJ and the boys aren't doing their jobs.

MBA2003 likes this.
  14. dawgs2014

dawgs2014 Well-Known Member

Money:
    $2,589
    We literally just “sealed the deal” over both ASU and NC ST which is unquestionably less probable than over Baylor alone.

Now I understand that we all wanted this one more than the one we got, but this sentiment is at least dumb OR dishonest, and possibly dumb and dishonest.

fdr, #60, ButlerBoyz and 7 others like this.
  15. Trumpforpresident2020

To be honest I wasn’t really feeling this guy. I guess you can say it would fit Lavall’s live and die by the three style but I don’t see much of an upgrade to the team. The sentiment is neither dumb or dishonest. Tucker feel into our laps due to the graces of Georgetown bowing out. The only true recruiting victory that I’ll give Jordan for is Golden. I’ve stated numerous times that Lavall can spot the talent as well as anyone but he can’t seem to seal the deal. By the way..... does Smits shoot threes? For him to choose us over the two other schools that were in the running is a head scratcher. Lavalls system will not fit his abilities down low if he is a back to the basket type of guy. He will be wasting his last year if thats the case.

16. TheDawgDub95

TheDawgDub95 Well-Known Member

Money:
    $804
    Battle is Lavall's big recruiting win to date.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Butler Hoops mobile app

Tentozen likes this.
  17. Trumpforpresident2020

I guess you can say that. I see it different though. Lavall and the family already had a relationship so in my opinion he did not have to work as hard as he had to with Golden. IMO

18. pjohnsto2003

pjohnsto2003 Well-Known Member

Money:
    $4,778
    You seriously cannot concede anything. Not asking you to swing left next year, just identify that it’s a good recruiting win.

I’m not happy with the current state of affairs, either, but come on. It’s like doing an employee review and no credit given for anything good and all the focus is on what went wrong. Not how you motivate.

Tentozen likes this.
  19. Tiles52

Tiles52 Active Member

Money:
    $411
    I believe that most on this board would disagree with you. IMO

Tentozen likes this.
  20. Insane Dawg

Insane Dawg Well-Known Member

Money:
    $12,636