Recruiting Notes 3.0 (The LaVall Era)

Discussion in 'Butler Recruiting' started by the_speakers_lab, Jun 22, 2017.

1. fdr

fdr Well-Known Member

Money:
    $493
    I was joking. He or Bagley will likely be the first pick in the 2019 draft. He can go anywhere he'd like.

2. seadawg

seadawg Well-Known Member

Money:
    $876
    A player we may want to keep an eye on is Alex Hemenway a 6'3" junior shooting guard from Castle HS.

3. dawgnation

dawgnation New Member

Money:
    $25
    Overall I was hesitant on Lavall becoming the next head coach. I was use to CH recruiting top of the line guys and was concerned to see who Lavall had offered during the summer. But I have now seen how good of a talent evaluator he really is with all of the players he offered early blowing up. This has really allowed Lavall to grow on me. Also, Lavall has also shown he is a fantastic recruiter as in a short 7ish weeks since being hired he has been able to make good relationships with recruits as we are in top 6 for Miller Kopp, top 10 for Morris Udeze, and top 5 for Aaron Henry. I'm excited for the recruiting process to continue with LJ and I can't wait to see what happens.

Sent from my iPhone using Butler Hoops mobile app

4. shoeevv

shoeevv Active Member VIP Member

Money:
    $142
    I live in Newburgh, where Alex lives. I've seen him play many times and I think he's hard to get a read on. I've seen him play unbelievably well and I've also seen him have some not so great outings. With Nunge now at Iowa, I think this will be the year to really get a good gauge on him. I will say, he's a super kid with great academics. He would certainly fit the Butler culture. I think Seadawg hit it just right with his "keep an eye on . . . " line.

5. seadawg

Money:
    $876
    Along with Hunter White of Tindley , I plan on keeping tabs on Jamal Harris of Attucks who has a 48 in. vertical jump. He is a 6'2" guard who could emerge as one of the better local players. He had 30 pts. off the bench in the semi-state and the game winning tip in a week later in the finals. He is not a great shooter, but is effective getting to the basket with quickness.

6. Woof

Woof Active Member

Money:
    $222
    You weren't kidding, this kid can FLY:

BHayden likes this.
  7. seadawg

Money:
    $876
    Academics ? He was impressive down at Seymour.

Last edited: Aug 9, 2017
  8. BoyGeoff

BoyGeoff Member VIP Member

Money:
    $81
    That's David Thompson territory

Sent from my iPhone using Butler Hoops

Insane Dawg likes this.
  9. WestLoopDog

WestLoopDog Active Member VIP Member

Money:
    $3,119
    Wow! Jamal Harris can fly. Just out of curiosity, any one know what Crishawn Hopkin's vertical leap was? He was pretty spectacular too.

10. estar20dawg

estar20dawg Active Member

Money:
    $424
    NCJon and seadawg like this.
  11. seadawg

Money:
    $876
    Worth a shot...

SpartanDawgs and estar20dawg like this.
  12. THicksBH

THicksBH Super Moderator

Money:
    $13,478
    Looks like he was offered in early May. So probably something from the old staff. (Given the west coast connection, I'd guess a Schrage guy.)

Sent from my iPhone using Butler Hoops mobile app

estar20dawg likes this.
  13. estar20dawg

Money:
    $424
    Sounds like he just starting playing basketball seriously. He would probably be a 2 year or more project, definitely a RS. I don't know if this is worth 1 of our spots right now.

14. estar20dawg

Money:
    $424
    Oh thanks for the info Tyler, I was just searching around and saw him with Butler connection and hadn't heard anything about him.

15. Ignatius J. Reilly

Ignatius J. Reilly Active Member

Money:
    $3,023
    So are we still recruiting him or did that end when the old staff left?

16. seadawg

Money:
    $876
    How many 6'11" 270 lb. players has BU had? Was Brunk, Smith or Rolf ready to contribute from the get-go? I forgot Grunst? I would think we should continue to pursue if there's mutual interest. The mere potential alone would afford the team time, considering he still has this year in HS to develop.

17. bumba

bumba Well-Known Member

Money:
    $4,360
  18. BUcheer

BUcheer Well-Known Member VIP Member

Money:
    $3,706
    Looks like X is sniffing around too based on his twitter.

19. peeps112

peeps112 Active Member

Money:
    $232
    Who isn't x sniffing around

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

NateDog, SpartanDawgs and BUcheer like this.
  20. thebulldogs

thebulldogs Member

Money:
    $24
    http://www.umhoops.com/2017/08/15/keonte-kennedy-official-planned-michigan/

6'4 G from Texas. Don't think an offer has ever been reported, so at this point seems like a backup option to Hunter/Embery/Edwards. If our interest is legit, seems like we'd have a good shot to make the cut, though.