Recruiting Notes 4.0 (The Summer of LaVall)

Discussion in 'Butler Recruiting' started by the_speakers_lab, Apr 23, 2019.

1. the_speakers_lab

the_speakers_lab Well-Known Member

Money:
    $4,263
    [​IMG]

Some of us (the majority?) would like LaVall to kill it this Summer on the grassroots circuit, while others (@willisbrown and others) don't mind being so honest about their hope for him being unemployed... Thus, the Summer of LaVall.

fdr, BHayden, bumba and 7 others like this.
  2. the_speakers_lab

Money:
    $4,263
    The AAU season for 2020 prospects (and more) is officially upon us. Due to the NCAA being a bunch of overreacting idiots and some college coaches & agents having some alleged monetary conversations, the AAU season is going to be different this year. This weekend will be the only April evaluation period. This weekend's schedule is...

Under Armour in Kansas City
    Nike EYBL is in Atlanta
    Adidas is in Dallas

Last edited: Apr 23, 2019
    Daddysmack likes this.
  3. the_speakers_lab

Money:
    $4,263
    Of course the EYBL will be the main point of interest with Spiece Indy Heat featuring the numerous Indiana players we are recruiting. Eugene Brown for one of Nike's Ga based squads. Tyler Beard playing for Mac Irvin Fire or maybe MeanStreets out of Chicago. DC kids on Team Takeover. MN kids on Howard Pulley. And others...

Adidas has the Indiana Elite squad (Leal, Galloway, etc) and the Illinois Wolves. Maybe there's more kids playing on that circuit?

I honestly have no idea who UA has that we're recruiting? (maybe the PG from TX?)

Last edited: Apr 23, 2019
  4. mwall787

mwall787 Well-Known Member

Money:
    $1,269
    Love it!!! I think some have definitely started the “airing of grievances” well before the start of Festivus (a holiday for the rest of us).

Here’s to the Summer of Lavall. Go get us some Dawgs

Sent from my iPhone using Butler Hoops mobile app

estar20dawg likes this.
  5. bumba

bumba Well-Known Member

Money:
    $7,524
  6. Insane Dawg

Insane Dawg Well-Known Member

Money:
    $12,713
    It has now been 15 days since the national championship game. Clearly LJ has dropped the ball on recruiting and the end is near.

7. bumba

bumba Well-Known Member

Money:
    $7,524
    Hoping we'll hear in the next couple of weeks about summer visits around AAU weekends. Lots of schools are out before Memorial Day this year.

8. Lukas Harkins

Lukas Harkins Well-Known Member

Money:
    $1,444
    Recruiting obviously has the potential to change on a daily basis, but I wanted to put together an overview of Butler's current 2020 offers. Using game footage, recruiting updates, etc, here is what I came up with! Please keep in mind that this only looks at players that Butler has offered, not those that they are interested in without an offer so far. I thought this was the best way to cover the early thoughts on the class.

I hope that you all enjoy as the recruiting season starts to heat up. Can't wait to see what the coaching staff has in mind. (Edit: I'm not updating this tonight to include some of the recent events due to a final exam in the morning. Will get back to it tomorrow.)

https://bustingbrackets.com/2019/04...recruiting-analyzing-early-2020-offers-dawgs/

Last edited: Apr 24, 2019
  9. dawgnation

dawgnation Active Member

Money:
    $187
    Thanks Lukas. Question for Jared. Will you be going to any EYBL sponsored event this year or any other tournaments to check in on potential recruits?

Lukas Harkins likes this.
  10. Hinkle Magic2

Hinkle Magic2 Well-Known Member

Money:
    $792
    Hope this is true. Isn't Ivey more of an undersized 2 guard though?

11. Jared Grubbs

Jared Grubbs Administrator Staff Member

Money:
    $16,006
    I will be spending 3 days up at Run N Slam in Fort Wayne 2 weekends from now and will go to Peach Jam in July again. I’ve got vacation days approved for the live period in June where they are running the new NCAA camps, so if it’s possible to attend those I’ll be at the one in Illinois. I haven’t seen if that will be open to the media or not yet.

Nike switched their schedule up and threw me off for the EYBL event in Indy. It’s the 2nd weekend in May and I have to work. Historically it’s been this weekend so I got my vacation in for this weekend and they aren’t even here. I’m trying to find someone to cover my weekend but that’s not likely to happen.

BU_NeonHat and Lukas Harkins like this.
  12. bumba

bumba Well-Known Member

Money:
    $7,524

Make the call LJ.

13. UDDawg

UDDawg Well-Known Member

Money:
    $6,880
    Jalen Windham to Creighton. Can't wait for him to drop 30 on us in a couple years.

14. bumba

bumba Well-Known Member

Money:
    $7,524
    Top 300+ guy dropping 30? My Lord, I hope not. Glad to see the Jays can win a recruiting battle over IUPUI.

15. ConnersvilleBulldog

ConnersvilleBulldog Well-Known Member VIP Member

Money:
    $5,467
    I’m sure it will be during a $1 beer night in Omaha.

16. Insane Dawg

Insane Dawg Well-Known Member

Money:
    $12,713
    So far Creighton and Purdue have done something Butler hasn’t done

17. Dewars12

Dewars12 Well-Known Member VIP Member

Money:
    $513
    [​IMG]

bumba likes this.
  18. ButlerBoyz

ButlerBoyz Member

Money:
    $85
    As the great Sam Hinkie once said, "Trust the Process."

19. cornette33

cornette33 Well-Known Member

Money:
    $993
    I think at this point it is more of try and have some faith in the ones in charge.

willisbrown likes this.
  20. shoeevv

shoeevv Well-Known Member VIP Member

Money:
    $727
    Do you need donations?

Hinkle Nation and WestLoopDog like this.