Recruiting Notes 4.0 (The Summer of LaVall)

Discussion in 'Butler Recruiting' started by the_speakers_lab, Apr 23, 2019.

1. SnoopDawg

SnoopDawg Well-Known Member

Money:
    $461
    Albeit a highlight video, I think he looks like a great recruit. I saw him put it on the floor and dribble into a powerful dunk. He also has a very nice quick release for a player of his size.

Pretty alarming that he's slipped under the radar for so long though.

2. Ignatius J. Reilly

Ignatius J. Reilly Well-Known Member

Money:
    $4,173
    Oh snap!

3. bu2013

bu2013 Active Member

Money:
    $224
  4. bumba

bumba Well-Known Member

Money:
    $7,464
  5. willisbrown

willisbrown Well-Known Member

Money:
    $3,706
    Well, Bumba...you were all over not "wasting" a scholarship during the transfer period on a mid major, now they're going after 2 stars. What say you? :)

If there is any serious interest here, it confirms the worst fears.

bumba likes this.
  6. bumba

bumba Well-Known Member

Money:
    $7,464
    Golden, Nze & JMM at the 5 in the short term. Pass.

7. willisbrown

Money:
    $3,706
    We all better hope this is true, and these dumpster dives aren't because he's giving up on 2020 and his targets. This stinks of that. Please God no offer and please God let a couple of these 2020 offers land.

8. Staxawax

Staxawax Well-Known Member

Money:
    $9,976
    It’s not in a millennial’s vernacular to worry about the proper use of the English language.

Sent from my iPhone using Butler Hoops mobile app

BoyGeoff likes this.
  9. bumba

bumba Well-Known Member

Money:
    $7,464
    My guess would be Scooby Johnson or JaKobe Coles are a bigger priority right now. Hastings will be a red shirt 4 and JMM will probably be a redshirt 4/5. Does anybody really think we need a 2020 big?

10. seadawg

seadawg Well-Known Member VIP Member

Money:
    $3,527
    I watched the videos of Hutson and while I was far from blown away I would not dismiss him on a rating. I did see some good things. After 2021 BU will at least need a back up at the 5. Best to always have a back up plan and keep options open.

bumba and NCJon like this.
  11. Irishdawg

Irishdawg Banned User VIP Member

Money:
    $72
    Willis, anytime the wind even changes in the slightest direction you are panicking, or at least try to insinuate that everyone else should be panicking.

I don't have an issue with them showing interest at all. 4 open scholarships still, plenty of room on the roster, especially for a big that you can possibly stash for a year and have Coach Johnson work on him in the weight room.

Pick n Roll Dawgs, NCJon and Tentozen like this.
  12. willisbrown

Money:
    $3,706
    I'm not sure the 2020 class is the class to be taking stash projects. I don't think any class is, personally. But certainly not this upcoming class. But, as per usual I'm the ass hole for stating the obvious and doubting our fearless leader who some of y'all treat like Jesus.

13. Pick n Roll Dawgs

Pick n Roll Dawgs Active Member

Money:
    $384
    You should apply to be the lead recruiter for butler. You know it all about every recruit and have never been wrong.

2xDawg and godogs91 like this.
  14. godogs91

godogs91 Active Member

Money:
    $3,167
    And Title should open his wallet and give the program a blank check that can be used to pull the program out of the dumpster he thinks it's in.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Butler Hoops mobile app

15. estar20dawg

estar20dawg Well-Known Member

Money:
    $3,084
    Like you've never given any wrong info...SMH

At least Willis uses the correct you're and your, it hurts my eyes and brain every time you type something because I'm cringing at what I might have to try and comprehend. That can't be a Butler degree at work. It just can't be.

pjohnsto2003 and dawgs2014 like this.
  16. Pick n Roll Dawgs

Pick n Roll Dawgs Active Member

Money:
    $384
    Actually I haven’t ever. Just predictions of what I think or my takes is all I do.

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 28, 2019
  17. estar20dawg

estar20dawg Well-Known Member

Money:
    $3,084
    Like a true kid these days...give no information and hurl insults with no shred of intelligence. This is why coaching theses days is so hard and why guys like Beilein and Stevens jump to the NBA. Entitled brats with very little parenting guidance, discipline and respect.

18. willisbrown

Money:
    $3,706
    LMAO. This is tremendous.

So this type of thing flies (which I'm fine with, personally) but Enforcer gets banned for something microscopic? Weird. But, carry on.

UDDawg likes this.
  19. BulldogsAllTheWay

BulldogsAllTheWay Well-Known Member

Money:
    $685
    See, the thing is, I’ve never seen anyone treat LaVall like Jesus. Not trashing our coach entering his 3rd season and treating him like Jesus aren’t the same thing. I think most recognize LaVall has a lot to prove but personally im not gonna give up on a guy after two years. Especially when the previous coach left the cupboard pretty bare talent wise. You do realize Holtmann recruited all the players you trash on a daily basis, right?

MBA2003, Alcohol101 and UDDawg like this.
  20. willisbrown

Money:
    $3,706
    I just get bothered that almost everyone was preaching how great it was to pocket a scholarship and not go hard after transfers when we know we need the talent, and the argument was "save it for 2020" in most cases and just the almighty belief that 2020 is going to be the best class ever...and it may well be. But there's no proof of that, yet. Then, when our coach starts looking and showing interest in secondaries, it's all well and good and this is a great plan and we can stash him and train him and blah blah. Drives me crazy. It's as though people that are concerned (like me) with how the roster will fill out after many defections (after this season) are some how in the wrong. 2020 is not the class to be bringing in a huge project. It's the year to bring in impact talent. Our classes are never really out of this world ranked highly, but if there was ever a time to buck that, it's this class.

But yes, for all Holtmann managed to do on the sidelines...he was an AWFUL HS recruiter. He did ok with transfers.