Recruiting Notes 4.0 (The Summer of LaVall)

Discussion in 'Butler Recruiting' started by the_speakers_lab, Apr 23, 2019.

1. fdr

fdr Well-Known Member

Money:
    $1,497
    For our resident senior bulldogs, "clean" in this instance is not meant literally. Rather, Lukas thinks the shirts are super dope.

2. willisbrown

willisbrown Well-Known Member

Money:
    $3,728
    We went to see him and nothing much came out of it...wonder if we ever offer? He showed out in the All Star game but all has been mostly quiet since. But he's trending well, picking up better offers in NW and South Fl.

3. Hinkle

Hinkle Well-Known Member

Money:
    $7,043
    Someone at Nike, and they have a good idea on these things. But I agree it’s dumb.

Sent from my iPhone using Butler Hoops mobile app

4. Ignatius J. Reilly

Ignatius J. Reilly Well-Known Member

Money:
    $4,173
    LaVall recently followed him on Twitter

5. willisbrown

Money:
    $3,728
    He could be a sneaky good "gettable" guard. He made Pack his bidiatch in the KY-IN game, and many love Pack. There would be blow back because of his ranking, and Miles/Tate both are more sought after and definite targets...but all 3 can score it and we need a dynamite scoring guard in this class. That's a no brainer.

seadawg likes this.
  6. Ignatius J. Reilly

Ignatius J. Reilly Well-Known Member

Money:
    $4,173
    If he commits, please prepare yourselves for how we're all fools, mere peons and troglodytes easily whipped up in a whirlwind of incompetence, mediocrity, and groupthink.

BUcheer and ConnersvilleBulldog like this.
  7. estar20dawg

estar20dawg Well-Known Member

Money:
    $3,088
    I wish he played in a tougher area than he is. Almost impossible to find any up to date video on him. He clearly is turning heads. Even if we offer, it's still not a no doubter. W Kentucky and that dirt bag coach, Northwestern education, Murray is let's face it has produced more NBA guards than us.

8. willisbrown

Money:
    $3,728
    One thing is spot on about this post, that dirty coach in Bowling Green. He is a snakey type cheating machine.

I think you'd have to say Murray is a hot place for guards right now, as you said. It's an interesting group of offers, one I hope we join soon.

estar20dawg likes this.
  9. UDDawg

UDDawg Well-Known Member

Money:
    $6,779
    Strongly suggest everyone read this inside look at Peach Jam from Matt Norlander.

Love articles like this.

10. Lukas Harkins

Lukas Harkins Well-Known Member

Money:
    $1,331
    Cannot "second" this enough. Such a good perspective piece - loved reading it. (also, thanks to y'all for the kind words on my Peach Jam/Butler piece. I'll have more Dawgs content soon.)

11. bumba

bumba Well-Known Member

Money:
    $7,472
  12. bumba

bumba Well-Known Member

Money:
    $7,472
  13. ButlerBoyz

ButlerBoyz Member

Money:
    $84

Great read! Thanks for the share UDDawg. My guess is the coach he followed is Gregg Marshall.

UDDawg likes this.
  14. estar20dawg

estar20dawg Well-Known Member

Money:
    $3,088
    No way. Wichita state has access to scum bag Koch brothers money. Private jets galore. You ask they'll get it for you.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Butler Hoops mobile app

15. ConnersvilleBulldog

ConnersvilleBulldog Well-Known Member VIP Member

Money:
    $5,454
    I would guess someone in the MAC or OVC. The article insinuated he was in a 12-team conference.

16. ButlerBoyz

ButlerBoyz Member

Money:
    $84
    I misinterpreted the photo of Mokan as a picture of a local team. Anyone have any guesses?

17. CarmelDawg23

CarmelDawg23 Well-Known Member

Money:
    $916
    A hundred bucks says Title read this article and assumed the mid-major coach he followed around was Coach Jordan.

DawgPoundMac, Shimmy, seadawg and 7 others like this.
  18. TheDawgDub95

TheDawgDub95 Well-Known Member

Money:
    $813
    Of the trio of Brown/Johnson/Cross what's everyone's prediction on how many we get: 0, 1, 2 or 3?

Sent from my SM-G930V using Butler Hoops mobile app

19. willisbrown

Money:
    $3,728

I believe Michigan is out on Scooby so I think it ends up coming down to us and MSU...he'd be buried on their roster so maybe he leans us.

Brown-Between us and GA it seems with Xavier looming...if VA does indeed offer, which is rumored, that's a game changer, he goes there. If not, we are in ok shape.

Cross-not coming.

So one of Johnson or Brown I see as a yes, not both.

seadawg likes this.
  20. seadawg

seadawg Well-Known Member VIP Member

Money:
    $3,531
    Both would certainly add a feather to BU's cap.