Recruiting Notes 4.0 (The Summer of LaVall)

Discussion in 'Butler Recruiting' started by the_speakers_lab, Apr 23, 2019.

1. SpartanDawgs

SpartanDawgs Well-Known Member

Money:
    $375
    MSU just offered another PF from Scooby's class last night. Kid from Huntington Prep. That leaves MSU looking at a PF scholly for Scooby, Isaiah Jackson, or the new offer Brakefield. Malik Hall will be ahead of most of these guys in playing time like you mentioned but there will be enough minutes for one of these guys at MSU. Hoping Scooby goes to Butler and MSU gets one of the others. Maybe the new offer will help the dominoes fall quicker.

BHayden, willisbrown and seadawg like this.
  2. CarmelDawg23

CarmelDawg23 Well-Known Member

Money:
    $917
    You're obviously more plugged into Sparty than the rest of us, but based on everything I've heard and read, it would be a major surprise if Isaiah Jackson went anywhere BUT Michigan State, right?

Between them potentially getting Jackson (or I guess Brakefield), plus having Hall and Bingham on the roster for a few more years, that would probably squeeze Scooby Johnson out.

3. willisbrown

willisbrown Well-Known Member

Money:
    $3,737
    Let's hope that's how Scooby sees it. It'll definitely be a crunch. Whereas I think he could come in right away and be a significant piece to this roster.

I also know he was running some point forward while at Peach Jam...yes please. I drool over point forwards.

BHayden likes this.
  4. SpartanDawgs

Money:
    $375
    Rumor is that Isaiah Jackson may want to go to UNC and his dad said that his recruitment is wide open but Scooby tweeted the same thing about how open his recruitment is...

Can't forget one of the Hauser brothers will be eligible too.

What makes Scooby between MSU or Butler... Is X not involved?

5. willisbrown

Money:
    $3,737
    X is involved but not much traction from what I can tell plus if you believe the X posters around here, they are not really targeting him that hard, many others in front of him. They say the same thing about Brown as well. Which fine by me.

I think Scooby right now is MSU, Butler...Mizzou making a push. JMO. Watch X come and f ish up like always now that I've said that.

Last edited: Jul 18, 2019
  6. SpartanDawgs

Money:
    $375
  7. bumba

bumba Well-Known Member

Money:
    $7,474
  8. willisbrown

Money:
    $3,737
    Stay.Away.LaVall.

9. SpartanDawgs

Money:
    $375
    Butler is doing well recruiting on the east coast but I will be highly disappointed if The Indy Heat Team (Furst, Pack, D'Andre Davis, Kiyron Powell and Luke Goode) all leave the state of Indiana...

Last edited: Jul 19, 2019
    BHayden and willisbrown like this.
  10. the_speakers_lab

the_speakers_lab Well-Known Member

Money:
    $4,241
    I still think we should have recruited Powell... selfishly I want him to go to Creighton just so I can follow his career more closely, but I’m terrified of him haunting us... C’est la vie. We have Myles Wilmoth. So gotta move forward...

willisbrown likes this.
  11. bumba

bumba Well-Known Member

Money:
    $7,474

Blowing up nationally

12. xufan02

xufan02 Member

Money:
    $62
    Xavier is not heavily involved here with either. Their primary targets are Niels Lane, Ben Carlson, Colby Jones, and Jalen Bridges.

13. Insane Dawg

Insane Dawg Well-Known Member

Money:
    $12,653
    It’s interesting to see teams in the BE total offers versus open slots:

Butler 12 offers for 3 openings
    Nova 3 offers for 1 opening
    Creighton 18 offers for 3 openings
    Xavier 30 offers for 1 opening

bumba, Shimmy, estar20dawg and 2 others like this.
  14. BHayden

BHayden Active Member

Money:
    $456
    Lol classic Xavier move

Sent from my iPhone using Butler Hoops mobile app

MBA2003 likes this.
  15. CarmelDawg23

CarmelDawg23 Well-Known Member

Money:
    $917
    To be fair, background checks take a while and I'm sure Xavier finds out almost all these kids don't have any priors, therefore making them a less than ideal fit for the program.

BHayden and bumba like this.
  16. xufan02

xufan02 Member

Money:
    $62
    Xavier has 12 guys on the roster in 2019-2020. They will lose Goodin and Jones to graduation. Also most are not expecting Naji and Scruggs back for their senior season. Also we could see a traditional transfer out as well. Xavier has potentially 5-6 spots in 2020. You have to offer a lot of guys to fill those spots.

Offers are one thing. Offered and being actively recruited is another.

17. Insane Dawg

Money:
    $12,653
    To be fair
    I don’t disagree with Xavier’s recruiting efforts. Just pointing out the differences. Xavier certainly has been out recruiting Butler.

18. Red1972

Red1972 Well-Known Member

Money:
    $1,167
    Butler will lose McDermott, Baldwin, Baddley, Smits, and possibly Tucker. That's a lot to cover for, this next class has to be a knockout, I look for possibly two graduate
    transfers to be in the mix for '20-21.

bumba likes this.
  19. Insane Dawg

Money:
    $12,653
    May have to hit the transfer market hard . Replacing McD, Kamar and Tucker is going to be very difficult.

20. Tentozen

Tentozen Active Member

Money:
    $538
    Hopefully, Battle makes up for the loss of Baldwin. McD, and Tucker, while good, have never averaged double figures, so not impossible to replace.

Sent from my iPhone using Butler Hoops

BHayden and estar20dawg like this.