Recruiting Notes 4.0 (The Summer of LaVall)

Discussion in 'Butler Recruiting' started by the_speakers_lab, Apr 23, 2019.

1. bumba

bumba Well-Known Member

Money:
    $7,554
    Macura DUI.jpg

2. bumba

bumba Well-Known Member

Money:
    $7,554

3. the_speakers_lab

the_speakers_lab Well-Known Member

Money:
    $4,345
    Well as of now, he's not going to Creighton, but even more scarier, he just took an UO to Xavier...

4. willisbrown

willisbrown Well-Known Member

Money:
    $5,531
    From what I hear...he'd be perfect at Xavier. Connect your own dots.

But he would terrorize us at least twice a year. I like his game very much, but none of the big boys in Indiana are on him.

5. shoeevv

shoeevv Well-Known Member VIP Member

Money:
    $741
    Willy, everything I'm hearing down here in the E'ville area is that Powell is a good kid with a good work ethic and a pretty humble attitude. Do you know something different?

6. willisbrown

willisbrown Well-Known Member

Money:
    $5,531
    It's curious to me then why he's getting no Indiana/Purdue/ND/Butler interest. I don't know anything outside of his game other than what I've been told by both IU and Butler people, and I don't know if that's true or them making up BS about the kid.

It boggles me that the attention is all coming outside of the state. I would have loved kicking the tires on him.

7. shoeevv

shoeevv Well-Known Member VIP Member

Money:
    $741
    His offensive game, in its current state, would not translate well to the Big 10 or Big East. I believe it could evolve, but not for a couple of years. My opinion.

8. bumba

bumba Well-Known Member

Money:
    $7,554

Source close to the deal suggests they're still negotiating who is responsible for bail money.

ButlerBoyz and seadawg like this.
  9. Insane Dawg

Insane Dawg Well-Known Member

Money:
    $13,519
    How can Macura get a contract and Martin can’t?

10. PSUButlerFan

PSUButlerFan Well-Known Member

Money:
    $9,357
    Seriously. I can’t think of one thing he does better than Kelan other than maybe 3p%??

11. Ignatius J. Reilly

Ignatius J. Reilly Well-Known Member

Money:
    $4,452
    Try to fight coaches?

PSUButlerFan likes this.
  12. Title

Title Well-Known Member

Money:
    $309
    Macura is a far better ball handler, he is an actual guard at 6'5" - not a small forward at a generous 6'6".

That's why.

13. halftime_floor_sweeper

halftime_floor_sweeper Well-Known Member

Money:
    $3,915
    Agree with Title, this time only.

14. Hinkle

Hinkle Well-Known Member

Money:
    $7,785
    He scored from inside the three point line about half as much as KM and yet his turnover rate was higher. His assist rate was better but certainly not particularly good, especially in light of his turnover rate. If it's because of "far better" ball handling, he doesn't seem to do anything "far" more useful with it. (He's also not as good of a three point shooter and a pathetic rebounder, especially relative to KM, but that's neither here nor there.)

PSUButlerFan, #60 and godogs91 like this.
  15. BulldogsAllTheWay

BulldogsAllTheWay Well-Known Member

Money:
    $1,112
    Facts don't matter! You know better than that, Hinkle.

#60 and godogs91 like this.
  16. Insane Dawg

Insane Dawg Well-Known Member

Money:
    $13,519
    Martin is far more talented b-ball player than Macura at every aspect of the game plus he is light years ahead in character.

DawgPoundMac and #60 like this.
  17. bumba

bumba Well-Known Member

Money:
    $7,554

I wish we would offer Kaufman now that Leal has cut his list.

willisbrown likes this.
  18. Tiles52

Tiles52 Active Member

Money:
    $452
    I would also like to see Butler offer Kaufman, but I don't see how Leal cutting his list should have any effect on whether or not we offer Kaufman. To me, they are two completely different players.

bumba likes this.
  19. bumba

bumba Well-Known Member

Money:
    $7,554
    Agree, they are completely different. I guess I see Leal and Galloway both playing the 2 in college. That gives BU more of a story to approach Galloway for a commitment if he wants to stay in-state and play high major. We have several 2021's offers out for guys who can play the 2 & I also think LJ has shown a pattern of offering shortly after someone cuts us from their list.

On the opposite side, I think Matt Cross is a 3/4. If we happen miss on him, it may not hurt us in the short term but we would need a 4 in the 2021 class. The only offer we have out right now is Caleb Furst (who continues to blow up). Kaufman is 6'8 & Top 75 as a sophomore. I will also freely admit I have heartburn that X is going to make him a priority and it p*sses me off when they sign Indiana kids.

20. SpartanDawgs

SpartanDawgs Well-Known Member

Money:
    $518
    This aged well...

bumba and Insane Dawg like this.