Recruiting Notes 4.0 (The Summer of LaVall)

Discussion in 'Butler Recruiting' started by the_speakers_lab, Apr 23, 2019.

1. bumba

bumba Well-Known Member

Money:
    $7,464
    Lol didn't even take hours for it to be wrong. C'est la vie....

2. Red1972

Red1972 Well-Known Member

Money:
    $1,165
    Looks like Butler is going to struggle in the state of Indiana for recruits in the future. Purdue and IU have the state locked down, too bad.

3. Insane Dawg

Insane Dawg Well-Known Member

Money:
    $12,640
    I just wish Butler got more four star recruits from anywhere.

4. Title

Title Well-Known Member

Money:
    $279
    Butler had a window. It’s long closed now, but they had one.

They just have no hope of getting guys now. What exactly are you selling kids? ‘Hey come to play for us! We’ll either finish last or the guy you commit to will leave after the season. Who knows! Could go either way!’

———
    The University not only made this bed, but finely cultivated it, they will have to lay in it as what is clearly happening comes to pass

nindiana likes this.
  5. kac12568

kac12568 Well-Known Member

Money:
    $3,707
    NateDog likes this.
  6. pjohnsto2003

pjohnsto2003 Well-Known Member

Money:
    $4,779
  7. NCJon

NCJon Well-Known Member VIP Member

Money:
    $6,270
    NO HOPE!!!!!!

bumba likes this.
  8. bumba

bumba Well-Known Member

Money:
    $7,464

Rhody looking for a point guard. Both Green & McKnight are getting closer to high major offers as other guys commit. They probably missed on somebody.

9. bumba

bumba Well-Known Member

Money:
    $7,464

Freeman might be a solid mid-major if he can consistently shoot from outside.

10. TheDawgDub95

TheDawgDub95 Well-Known Member

Money:
    $807
    It would help if our guys didn't drop 40 spots 1 month after committing to BU alä Chuck Harris on 247... He is still 4* on Rivals but dropped 13 to 99 from their previous rankings report.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Butler Hoops mobile app

11. willisbrown

willisbrown Well-Known Member

Money:
    $3,706
    Someone out there is going to get a good one in McKnight.

12. Baddog

Baddog Well-Known Member

Money:
    $5,493

LaVall is a great recruiter. He just needs a decade or two to get his own players. Miller told the IU Board upon hire his first priority would be within the state. So going forward you will probably be recruiting against Indiana for the top talent. That's not going to go well. And, seems like Purdue and Painter get the best out of northern Indiana most years. Old Gloomy Title is right......sadly.....there was a small window there for a while but it sure has closed up significantly the past couple of years. Reality sucks. Besides, our track record in developing local 4 stars (Brunk) when we get them is mixed, to say the least.

13. SpartanDawgs

SpartanDawgs Well-Known Member

Money:
    $363
    LJ follows and he is a teammate of Battle correct? Could get him if we offer early but looks like he is starting to blow up...

14. willisbrown

willisbrown Well-Known Member

Money:
    $3,706
    LJ follows him, not sure about the other. But we've been in to see him...but no offer. I think we could land him if we did offer but that better be soon if we want him. Because as you said his stock is rising.

15. bumba

bumba Well-Known Member

Money:
    $7,464

More mid majors for Hutson

16. the_speakers_lab

the_speakers_lab Well-Known Member

Money:
    $4,238
    I wonder where LaVall and co were at these past few days besides U of I and Colorado Springs???

17. Army Dawg!!!

Army Dawg!!! Active Member

Money:
    $280
    Not sure where to post this.

Jaden Ivey is playing his senior season at lalumier. He was in good shape to be a finalist for Mr. Basketball and his high school had a decent shot of playing for a state championship, so not sure why he is making this move. He already has committed to Purdue so unless he’s looking for some national exposure not sure what sense it makes.
    Just saw where his mom is a finalist to be an assistant coach for Grizzlies. I wonder if he would flip his commitment to Memphis or a school down that way?

SpartanDawgs likes this.
  18. bumba

bumba Well-Known Member

Money:
    $7,464
  19. the_speakers_lab

the_speakers_lab Well-Known Member

Money:
    $4,238
    I guess he doesn’t care about being an IN all-star and would rather practice and play against 4&5 stars?

20. SpartanDawgs

SpartanDawgs Well-Known Member

Money:
    $363
    Yeah if you want to make basketball your career for the first ten years after college. I feel like it would be a no brainer if you can play at La Lumeire.

Sent from my iPhone using Butler Hoops