Recruiting Notes 4.0 (The Summer of LaVall)

Discussion in 'Butler Recruiting' started by the_speakers_lab, Apr 23, 2019.

1. Ignatius J. Reilly

Ignatius J. Reilly Well-Known Member

Money:
    $4,393
    If people are willing to put stock into twitter follows (I am) LaVall recently followed this late bloomer.

Shimmy and godogs91 like this.
  2. seadawg

seadawg Well-Known Member VIP Member

Money:
    $4,367
    He does have a ton of high major offers.

3. Insane Dawg

Insane Dawg Well-Known Member

Money:
    $13,064
    Book this kid into Butler now!

4. SpartanDawgs

SpartanDawgs Well-Known Member

Money:
    $500
    JMM would see no mins if this kid went to Butler with Nze, Golden and Wilmoth around for a bit...

It looks like this kid wants to commit before the basketball season starts... May be too late in the game but hopefully not.

“I haven’t cut my list yet, but I speak most with (in no order) Florida, Virginia Tech, Ohio State, Marquette, Wisconsin, Penn State, Providence, USC, St. John’s, Pitt, Illinois, and others,” Key said.

“I would like to have a decision made before the start of the basketball season, or at least before we start playing games.”

“I’m a player who has a range of moves in the post, rebounder, runs the floor well, blocks shots and can hit the outside jumper. I also see the floor well for passing out of the double team.”

5. thebulldogs

thebulldogs Active Member

Money:
    $313
    Tweet from Andrew Slater on July 24 saying Butler has shown recent interest.

Already has some nice offers, but would be nice to get him on campus in case Coles goes elsewhere (or to put pressure on Coles).

Sent from my SM-G960U using Butler Hoops mobile app

6. willisbrown

willisbrown Well-Known Member

Money:
    $4,892
    Anyone named Zed is ok by me.

MBA2003 and ButlerGoalie like this.
  7. pjohnsto2003

pjohnsto2003 Well-Known Member

Money:
    $5,419
    Would be cooler if it were Zod.

Sent from my iPhone using Butler Hoops

MBA2003 and ButlerGoalie like this.
  8. seadawg

seadawg Well-Known Member VIP Member

Money:
    $4,367
    Difficult to know if BU has any traction here considering his timetable. Appears to be worth the effort though.

9. ButlerGoalie

ButlerGoalie Well-Known Member

Money:
    $2,186
    Same. Cards are good Willis. Take your time. First drink is on me!

Sent from my iPhone using Butler Hoops mobile app

10. thebulldogs

thebulldogs Active Member

Money:
    $313
    This is exactly the player I want us targeting now. We've got 3 commits in the fold so we're afforded the flexibility to throw some offers to recruits outsiders feel like are long-shots.

This guys got some good offers, but seems like he just blew up over the summer. And most kids are too busy to take visits in June/July anyway. Get a kid on campus, and you never know what may happen.

Love what LJ has done thus far with the 20 class. With 1, possibly 2 ships to fill, and only 3 offers likely outstanding (coles, brown, scooby), let's throw a couple more offers out there and get someone excited about being a dawg.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Butler Hoops mobile app

11. willisbrown

Money:
    $4,892
    For the record...I tried to advise our friend here on a poker hand this evening...he didn't listen. And he would have won...BIG. Never doubt a deadbolt lock.

12. mwall787

mwall787 Well-Known Member

Money:
    $1,402
    MBA2003, BHayden, 2xDawg and 7 others like this.
  13. BHayden

BHayden Well-Known Member

Money:
    $501
    MBA2003 likes this.
  14. ButlerGoalie

ButlerGoalie Well-Known Member

Money:
    $2,186
    For the real record, the right play was to lay down. And live to fight another day. I made $150. I’ll take that from a free game all day long.

For those wanting photographic proof that we aren’t teens sitting in our underpants in our parents’ basement (at least not for one night anyhow)

IMG_7123.JPG

Sent from my iPhone using Butler Hoops mobile app

ButlerNut likes this.
  15. bumba

bumba Well-Known Member

Money:
    $7,462
  16. bumba

bumba Well-Known Member

Money:
    $7,462

Roper also has offers from O$U & Illinois recently. Sounds like he had a good showing last weekend of July at the CBB Academy.

17. the_speakers_lab

the_speakers_lab Well-Known Member

Money:
    $4,339
  18. CarmelDawg23

CarmelDawg23 Well-Known Member

Money:
    $1,332
    Random gripe here but Nijel Pack at 152!?!? Come on! He looked like a stud this summer and I'd put him in the 80-90 range no doubt. If this kid had a few more inches, we are talking about easily a top 50 player in the class.

19. willisbrown

Money:
    $4,892
    Coles gets a crystal ball and damn near falls out of the top 150....uh huh.

20. bumba

bumba Well-Known Member

Money:
    $7,462