Recruiting Notes 4.0 (The Summer of LaVall)

Discussion in 'Butler Recruiting' started by the_speakers_lab, Apr 23, 2019.

1. Ignatius J. Reilly

Ignatius J. Reilly Well-Known Member

Money:
    $4,182
    In info people don’t give a **** about, if he’s Dominican and from Hamilton Heights then I live in the same neighborhood.

bumba likes this.
  2. bumba

bumba Well-Known Member

Money:
    $7,514

New offers from Illinois, Dayton, New Mexico and Arkansas State. 3 star & 6'8 from Chattanooga - make the call LJ!

https://247sports.com/Player/Bayron-Matos-46057274/

3. willisbrown

willisbrown Well-Known Member

Money:
    $3,836
    No kidding make the call. That would be a nice power play by LaVall. I feel like he's tunnel visioned on Scooby, Brown and Coles...nothing else. And, I don't have a good feeling on any of them. I did on Coles, no mas. I wish we'd put a couple more solid offers (like this) out there. Winnable, open to listening and solid player.

MBA2003 and bumba like this.
  4. Tiles52

Tiles52 Active Member

Money:
    $416
    I'm not sure that we can say that he has tunnel vision because we really don't know who he may be looking at. We assume Scooby, Brown and Coles; but I haven't really heard anything from inside the program regarding those three, so I don't know whether or not they are still at the top of the list or not. Myles Wilmoth was somebody nobody even heard of until he committed; so there could be others out there like him that.

MBA2003 and Tentozen like this.
  5. SnoopDawg

SnoopDawg Well-Known Member

Money:
    $467
    100%... Did any of us see Wilmoth or Harris coming? Did any of us feel that confident about Tate?

bumba, MBA2003 and Bulldogs260 like this.
  6. estar20dawg

estar20dawg Well-Known Member

Money:
    $3,124
    Throw Hastings in there as well...

MBA2003 and Bulldogs260 like this.
  7. willisbrown

Money:
    $3,836
    I've always felt confident about Tate. I was fired up and watching him closely. Just had a good feeling and remember being thrilled when we got involved. Kinda had a feeling on Harris. Wilmoth came out of nowhere for sure.

8. Bulldogs260

Bulldogs260 Active Member

Money:
    $457
    Lol cmon man.

Sent from my iPhone using Butler Hoops mobile app

SnoopDawg, dawgs2014 and thebulldogs like this.
  9. Lukas Harkins

Lukas Harkins Well-Known Member

Money:
    $1,402
  10. CarmelDawg23

CarmelDawg23 Well-Known Member

Money:
    $940
    Really trying to be objective here when I say this...I would be STUNNED if there are 100 players, let alone 143, that end up being a better college player than Myles Tate.

MBA2003 likes this.
  11. willisbrown

Money:
    $3,836
    There will not be. That's a comically low ranking. He'll come right in and hell may even start. He oozes talent and poise.

MBA2003 likes this.
  12. ButlerGoalie

ButlerGoalie Well-Known Member

Money:
    $3,021
    It's the Butler effect. Had he not committed and was still on the market, I bet he would have jumped up 25+ spots. While yes rankings matter to some degree, it's really a sham and like any good tool, should be used with caution.

13. ButlerGoalie

ButlerGoalie Well-Known Member

Money:
    $3,021
    Seems that we are officially tied to Khristian Lander. Of course how could we not? Pipe dream 5 star local kid but at least we are kicking tires.

https://cbbtoday.com/now/2021-5-sta...ing-official-visit-with-louisville-cardinals/

MBA2003 and cornette33 like this.
  14. TheDawgDub95

TheDawgDub95 Well-Known Member

Money:
    $835
    Things have been quiet around Scoob and Coles for a while now. Anyone heard any rumblings on either?

Sent from my SM-G930V using Butler Hoops mobile app

15. shoeevv

shoeevv Well-Known Member VIP Member

Money:
    $727
  16. the_speakers_lab

the_speakers_lab Well-Known Member

Money:
    $4,252
    I believe Monday starts a period where coaches can recruit off campus, Rivals drops its 2022 rankings, and I gotta imagine 247 has updated all its composite rankings (minus 2022) since Rivals new update...

17. Bulldogs260

Bulldogs260 Active Member

Money:
    $457
    I think we get scooby. Eugene picks Louisville or Georgia and Coles picks TCU just a feeling I have. I’d be thrilled with that outcome. Give us coles or Eugene and I’m double thrilled.

SpartanDawgs likes this.
  18. CarmelDawg23

CarmelDawg23 Well-Known Member

Money:
    $940

Interesting...still very ambitious but I like LJ and staff watching some big fish.

Mad_Dawg 48 and Insane Dawg like this.
  19. UDDawg

UDDawg Well-Known Member

Money:
    $6,819
    New 2021 name. Keeping with the ambitious theme.

20. willisbrown

Money:
    $3,836
    I love love love the attempt at gaining momentum in Texas.