Recruiting Notes 4.0 (The Summer of LaVall)

Discussion in 'Butler Recruiting' started by the_speakers_lab, Apr 23, 2019.

1. kmacker69

kmacker69 Well-Known Member VIP Member

Money:
    $3,775

You act like we are only adding two players next year with that assessment? We add 5 and effectively will have the first whole year with 2 others. Seven people to replace the contributions of 3 and have the potential to add a lot more with physicality and skills. (One coming in is the second highest recruit we have ever had according to 247.) Not saying we will contend for the BE title next year, but even the professional prognosticators are saying they wouldn't count us out of the tourney this year, but think others in the BE start from a better position.

The entire league doesn't come close to returning everyone... With the Hausers leaving; Booth and Paschall out of Nova; Malinowski, Govan and Johnson out at GT; Cain, Struas and Olujbi at DePaul, most of St Johns, Nzei from Seton Hall; Providence, X and Cu return most of the starters and bench players. It's a tough league that is expected to be even tougher than last year, but there were a lot of key departures from teams.

We literately needed one or two games last year to be in the tourney, but we will need to be better to win just what we did last year and get the few others we need to take us back. We have the potential to do that with just a small amount of improvement from some key players and some added players that might shore up some weak areas. These are 18-24 year olds, so it's hard to predict exactly how they will play together or Duke, NC, and Kentucky would win the NCAA tourney almost every year.

2. knobcreekfan

knobcreekfan Well-Known Member

Money:
    $474
    Not to mention we were 10 points away from being 11-7 in the conference. We were not a great team and we certainly underachieved last year, but a few slight improvements and the results could have been much different.

Sent from my iPhone using Butler Hoops mobile app

3. CarmelDawg23

CarmelDawg23 Well-Known Member

Money:
    $1,007
    You actually expected Title's post to be thought out, full of logical, and well researched? You've got a better chance of winning Powerball or having Xavier go an entire season without one of their players getting in trouble with the law than that happening.

NateDog, MBA2003, DawgsMD and 5 others like this.
  4. ButlerFan89

ButlerFan89 New Member

Money:
    $43
    16 pts to go 11-7, but who’s counting.

Sent from my iPhone using Butler Hoops

DawgsMD and BUcheer like this.
  5. Bulldogs260

Bulldogs260 Well-Known Member

Money:
    $726
    We really can’t afford to strikeout on Eugene scooby and coles. Obviously it’s down to coles and Scooby now we really need 1 of them to make this class special.

MBA2003 likes this.
  6. Alcohol101

Alcohol101 Active Member

Money:
    $359
    We can actually. I don't think we will, but we have 3 guys already, and we could use the other 2 for transfers. I would prefer to get Scooby on board and then call it a day, but if something else happens, then we can salvage any potential loss with a talented transfer. I realize that most people will not necessarily share this opinion, but I won't be too concerned either way.

BHayden likes this.
  7. Insane Dawg

Insane Dawg Well-Known Member

Money:
    $12,837
    Love to have either or both but if neither pick us we will be fine. There is no need to always have 13 on scholarship all the time.

8. Sidd Finch

Sidd Finch Well-Known Member

Money:
    $613
    Depends on who "we" is. Pretty sure the board will NOT be fine if neither pick us. There will be a minor meltdown.

Not exactly going out on a limb with that prediction. ;)

9. knobcreekfan

knobcreekfan Well-Known Member

Money:
    $474
    Sorry - 12.

Hall 2
    St Johns 1
    Providence 7

Point remains the same.

10. Insane Dawg

Insane Dawg Well-Known Member

Money:
    $12,837
    The We is the team. The board will have a “ major” meltdown and will want LJ’s head.

11. seadawg

seadawg Well-Known Member VIP Member

Money:
    $3,717
    Perhaps some will have a meltdown, but BU has addressed it's biggest need which was at the guard position.

BHayden, #60, MBA2003 and 1 other person like this.
  12. Bulldogs260

Bulldogs260 Well-Known Member

Money:
    $726

Looks like Lavall was in Michigan yesterday. Hopefully a follow up with Scooby or maybe another under the radar we haven’t heard about.

MBA2003 likes this.
  13. UDDawg

UDDawg Well-Known Member

Money:
    $6,985
    Looks like it was Wednesday, which was when the Pierre Brooks offer came out. I'm guessing they did see more than one recruit while up there, though.

14. seadawg

Money:
    $3,717
    Not sure BU still has a foothold with Furst but should good standing with both Goode and Poulakidas. Barnhizer is a very solid offer as well. Once the recruiting for 2020 is complete, fans should have a better view BU's needs. Reloading shooters in 2021 should be primary focus IMO.

butlerbreadman likes this.
  15. BulldogsAllTheWay

BulldogsAllTheWay Well-Known Member

Money:
    $728
    Yup. We need to find a lights out wing sniper. We lack that moving forward.

16. bumba

bumba Well-Known Member

Money:
    $7,561

seadawg likes this.
  17. butlerbreadman

butlerbreadman New Member

Money:
    $24
    Not sure we need another point guard in 2021 class but Luke Brown out of Blackford in a terrific player. I’ve seen him play 10+ games and he reminds me of aj graves with better ball handling and passing skills. I’m not sure that butler would recruit aj graves now that we play in the big east though.

Sent from my iPad using Butler Hoops

MBA2003 likes this.
  18. seadawg

Money:
    $3,717
    BU is aware of Brown,. Thus far he has 8 offers, all of which are mid-majors. That could change?

FRENCH DAWG, DawgPoundMac and MBA2003 like this.
  19. MBA2003

MBA2003 Active Member

Money:
    $794
    I'll take anyone that plays like AJ Graves in a second. If I recall he was runner-up for Mr Basketball so while he may not fit the classic big east recruit profile in terms of athleticism he was pretty skilled nonetheless, a throwback to players like Bobby Plump. Some guys just break the mold. I'm confident LaVall can find them.

Go Dawgs!

Sent from my moto z4 using Butler Hoops mobile app

DawgPoundMac likes this.
  20. seadawg

Money:
    $3,717
    There is no doubting Luke's craftiness. His overall speed may come into question?