Recruiting Notes 4.0 (The Summer of LaVall)

Discussion in 'Butler Recruiting' started by the_speakers_lab, Apr 23, 2019.

1. Sidd Finch

Sidd Finch Well-Known Member

Money:
    $1,214
    Depends on who "we" is. Pretty sure the board will NOT be fine if neither pick us. There will be a minor meltdown.

Not exactly going out on a limb with that prediction. ;)

2. knobcreekfan

knobcreekfan Well-Known Member

Money:
    $758
    Sorry - 12.

Hall 2
    St Johns 1
    Providence 7

Point remains the same.

Sent from my iPhone using Butler Hoops mobile app

3. Insane Dawg

Insane Dawg Well-Known Member

Money:
    $15,649
    The We is the team. The board will have a “ major” meltdown and will want LJ’s head.

4. seadawg

seadawg Well-Known Member VIP Member

Money:
    $6,456
    Perhaps some will have a meltdown, but BU has addressed it's biggest need which was at the guard position.

BHayden, #60, MBA2003 and 1 other person like this.
  5. Bulldogs260

Bulldogs260 Well-Known Member

Money:
    $1,481

Looks like Lavall was in Michigan yesterday. Hopefully a follow up with Scooby or maybe another under the radar we haven’t heard about.

MBA2003 likes this.
  6. UDDawg

UDDawg Well-Known Member

Money:
    $8,135
    Looks like it was Wednesday, which was when the Pierre Brooks offer came out. I'm guessing they did see more than one recruit while up there, though.

7. seadawg

Money:
    $6,456
    Not sure BU still has a foothold with Furst but should good standing with both Goode and Poulakidas. Barnhizer is a very solid offer as well. Once the recruiting for 2020 is complete, fans should have a better view BU's needs. Reloading shooters in 2021 should be primary focus IMO.

butlerbreadman likes this.
  8. BulldogsAllTheWay

BulldogsAllTheWay Well-Known Member

Money:
    $1,859
    Yup. We need to find a lights out wing sniper. We lack that moving forward.

9. bumba

bumba Well-Known Member

Money:
    $8,259

seadawg likes this.
  10. butlerbreadman

butlerbreadman Member

Money:
    $49
    Not sure we need another point guard in 2021 class but Luke Brown out of Blackford in a terrific player. I’ve seen him play 10+ games and he reminds me of aj graves with better ball handling and passing skills. I’m not sure that butler would recruit aj graves now that we play in the big east though.

Sent from my iPad using Butler Hoops

MBA2003 likes this.
  11. seadawg

Money:
    $6,456
    BU is aware of Brown,. Thus far he has 8 offers, all of which are mid-majors. That could change?

FRENCH DAWG, DawgPoundMac and MBA2003 like this.
  12. MBA2003

MBA2003 Active Member

Money:
    $901
    I'll take anyone that plays like AJ Graves in a second. If I recall he was runner-up for Mr Basketball so while he may not fit the classic big east recruit profile in terms of athleticism he was pretty skilled nonetheless, a throwback to players like Bobby Plump. Some guys just break the mold. I'm confident LaVall can find them.

Go Dawgs!

Sent from my moto z4 using Butler Hoops mobile app

DawgPoundMac likes this.
  13. seadawg

Money:
    $6,456
    There is no doubting Luke's craftiness. His overall speed may come into question?

14. butlerbreadman

butlerbreadman Member

Money:
    $49
    I don’t think speed will be an issue. He breaks down man to man defense. He is hard to evaluate because teams just double him 20+feet out. He is an excellent passer out of the traps but his teammates didn’t help him out much.

I’m over fifty years old. I have seen a lot of junk defenses to slow down talented players. I had never seen a triangle and two defense where the triangle was waiting at the 10 second line to guard a player. They held him to 29 point and 12 assists that night.

The only thing that I think will hold him back may be his overall strength.

Sent from my iPad using Butler Hoops

15. fdr

fdr Well-Known Member

Money:
    $1,691
    Is he playing AAU? I'd like to see how he plays against premier competition. He doesn't have any control over scheduling, but 29 points against Muncie Burris doesn't tell me much.

16. estar20dawg

estar20dawg Well-Known Member

Money:
    $4,937
    I believe he played with U16 Indy heat this summer don't have any stats right now. I will say be careful here I love his game but this is Big East basketball remember a certain other player a few years ago with unlimited range from Cloverdale who now plays for a certain sycamore team. Not saying they are the same but it gets really hard to evaluate kids at that high school level. I'm rooting for him just a cautious warning for me can he guard a Markus Howard, Shamore Ponds, Kamar Baldwin?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Butler Hoops mobile app

17. Bulldogs260

Bulldogs260 Well-Known Member

Money:
    $1,481
    No he can’t. You hit on the head with Neese 2.0

18. ConnersvilleBulldog

ConnersvilleBulldog Well-Known Member VIP Member

Money:
    $7,038
    The same thing could have also been said about Desmond Bane. He played for 1A Seton Catholic in Richmond and dominated - And I would love to have him on our team right now. Like everyone has said, seeing Luke in AAU next summer will probably be more telling than his HS season this year. I would guess offensively he could be an asset, the biggest thing is seeing if he could guard in the Big East.

Having said that, I don't know how every MAC and Horizon school hasn't offered him already.

mwall787 and estar20dawg like this.
  19. estar20dawg

Money:
    $4,937
    Like I said, I have no knowledge either way he could be a Bane or he could be a Neese. I just don't think if you are a HM you can't risk a scholarship, maybe a preferred walk on with the talk of you can get your self a full scholarship in a year type of deal, but The risk/reward just doesn't seem high enough to use a spot especially at PG for us when we have Tate and Harris in the fold. Like you said AAU next year will be the most telling thing, I have little doubt that he will lead Indiana high school in scoring again this year.

Last edited: Sep 30, 2019
  20. estar20dawg

Money:
    $4,937
    Found he played for Indiana Elite 2021 can't find any stats