Recruiting Notes 4.0 (The Summer of LaVall)

Discussion in 'Butler Recruiting' started by the_speakers_lab, Apr 23, 2019.

1. butlerbreadman

butlerbreadman New Member

Money:
    $24
    I don’t think speed will be an issue. He breaks down man to man defense. He is hard to evaluate because teams just double him 20+feet out. He is an excellent passer out of the traps but his teammates didn’t help him out much.

I’m over fifty years old. I have seen a lot of junk defenses to slow down talented players. I had never seen a triangle and two defense where the triangle was waiting at the 10 second line to guard a player. They held him to 29 point and 12 assists that night.

The only thing that I think will hold him back may be his overall strength.

Sent from my iPad using Butler Hoops

2. fdr

fdr Well-Known Member

Money:
    $1,544
    Is he playing AAU? I'd like to see how he plays against premier competition. He doesn't have any control over scheduling, but 29 points against Muncie Burris doesn't tell me much.

3. estar20dawg

estar20dawg Well-Known Member

Money:
    $3,226
    I believe he played with U16 Indy heat this summer don't have any stats right now. I will say be careful here I love his game but this is Big East basketball remember a certain other player a few years ago with unlimited range from Cloverdale who now plays for a certain sycamore team. Not saying they are the same but it gets really hard to evaluate kids at that high school level. I'm rooting for him just a cautious warning for me can he guard a Markus Howard, Shamore Ponds, Kamar Baldwin?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Butler Hoops mobile app

4. Bulldogs260

Bulldogs260 Well-Known Member

Money:
    $726
    No he can’t. You hit on the head with Neese 2.0

Sent from my iPhone using Butler Hoops mobile app

5. ConnersvilleBulldog

ConnersvilleBulldog Well-Known Member VIP Member

Money:
    $5,528
    The same thing could have also been said about Desmond Bane. He played for 1A Seton Catholic in Richmond and dominated - And I would love to have him on our team right now. Like everyone has said, seeing Luke in AAU next summer will probably be more telling than his HS season this year. I would guess offensively he could be an asset, the biggest thing is seeing if he could guard in the Big East.

Having said that, I don't know how every MAC and Horizon school hasn't offered him already.

mwall787 and estar20dawg like this.
  6. estar20dawg

Money:
    $3,226
    Like I said, I have no knowledge either way he could be a Bane or he could be a Neese. I just don't think if you are a HM you can't risk a scholarship, maybe a preferred walk on with the talk of you can get your self a full scholarship in a year type of deal, but The risk/reward just doesn't seem high enough to use a spot especially at PG for us when we have Tate and Harris in the fold. Like you said AAU next year will be the most telling thing, I have little doubt that he will lead Indiana high school in scoring again this year.

Last edited: Sep 30, 2019
  7. estar20dawg

Money:
    $3,226
    Found he played for Indiana Elite 2021 can't find any stats

8. seadawg

seadawg Well-Known Member VIP Member

Money:
    $3,717
    Actually someone mentioned that Barry went and saw Brown in a game last year or as a freshman. I had considered going up north to catch a game but as of yet have not done so. Hopefully he can develop enough to merit an offer in the future. I have no knowledge of LJ paying visit yet.

9. MBA2003

MBA2003 Active Member

Money:
    $794
    Here are some highlights. Kid looks like he's 12 years old for sure (maybe younger). That being said his basketball IQ seems off the charts much more so than Neese. If he gets to at least 5'10" and his voice changes, gets a little muscle on them chicken bones, he could be a diamond in the rough. I'm also over 50 and he seems to do everything well offensively for sure, positioning, passing, as well as shooting. Strength and defense can be improved, it's harder the other way (AT comes to mind), just my humble opinion. Anyway he's worth keeping an eye on for sure.

Go Dawgs!

Sent from my moto z4 using Butler Hoops mobile app

Last edited: Sep 30, 2019
  10. ConnersvilleBulldog

ConnersvilleBulldog Well-Known Member VIP Member

Money:
    $5,528
    I believe that video is older. Here is a video from last season (his sophomore year).

MBA2003 likes this.
  11. MBA2003

MBA2003 Active Member

Money:
    $794
  12. Bulldogs260

Money:
    $726
    Those are nice but no way that is strong enough and fast enough to play in the big east. Not even close glad Lavall is staying away here

Sent from my iPhone using Butler Hoops mobile app

MBA2003 likes this.
  13. iluvsnow

iluvsnow Active Member

Money:
    $286
    He was a sophomore last season.....let's see what he can do in club this summer.

Last edited: Oct 1, 2019
    MBA2003 likes this.
  14. Bulldogs260

Money:
    $726
  15. SnoopDawg

SnoopDawg Well-Known Member

Money:
    $474
    I have to think we're full at the PG position in this class, but he is listed at 6'4, so who knows.

16. seadawg

seadawg Well-Known Member VIP Member

Money:
    $3,717
    6'1" at present.

17. Bulldogs260

Money:
    $726
    MBA2003, UDDawg, Shimmy and 1 other person like this.
  18. TheDawgDub95

TheDawgDub95 Well-Known Member

Money:
    $912
    Who knows how it will actually play, but pretty amazing that we already have a 2021 commit and crystal balls from Snow for two other guys.

I really hope we can see some signs on the court this year because, if that piece of the puzzle starts to fit into place, there could be a lot for us to get excited about!

Sent from my SM-G930V using Butler Hoops mobile app