Recruiting Notes 4.0 (The Summer of LaVall)

Discussion in 'Butler Recruiting' started by the_speakers_lab, Apr 23, 2019.

1. ChiDawg3

ChiDawg3 Active Member

Money:
    $165
    Thanks for the response. I have been eager to see Tucker's potential come to fruition. I envisioned seeing him becoming the scoring threat that we have in Baldwin since he's been here. So far, I don't think he's given us any reason to think he can have the type of season this year that would catapult him to the pros. I hope he takes advantage of these next few games to put him on track for a potential pro career after next year.

2. bumba

bumba Well-Known Member

Money:
    $7,731

3. ap234

ap234 Active Member

Money:
    $264
    I wasn't sure were to put this but Pendleton Heights has a sophomore guard that is scoring 17 ppg and is shooting 51 % from 3 on the season. Not saying he is a kid Butler should be recruiting but he is a kid that some on here might want to keep track of. His name is Jamison Dunham and he's Kellen's youngest brother. He's only 5'9 or so but hasn't even begun to mature physically yet. Against HSE last week he scored 23 points an was the best player on the court for either team while being the smallest player most of the time. IF he gets to 6'0 I think he is a potential D1 recruit. Just thought some might like to know that there is another Dunham playing high school basketball.

4. znelson15

znelson15 Well-Known Member

Money:
    $915
    Also Pendleton height kids have def worked out for Butler

Sent from my iPhone using Butler Hoops mobile app

harvesting and ap234 like this.
  5. thebulldogs

thebulldogs Active Member

Money:
    $342
    Thanks for posting! This is good to monitor. Sure Kellen would only have good things to say about Butler, but if Jamison developed into a d1 prospect, I'd wonder if he'd want to go somewhere besides Butler to write his own book and not always be Kellen's brother and being compared to him.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Butler Hoops mobile app

6. butlerguy03

butlerguy03 Active Member

Money:
    $399
    I was well connected at PHHS for a period of time, but I remember people saying that the youngest Dunham could be the best.

7. FRENCH DAWG

FRENCH DAWG Active Member

Money:
    $475
    It didn’t deter the Graves boys from coming to Butler. In any case, to each his own.

Sent from my iPhone using Butler Hoops

8. seadawg

seadawg Well-Known Member VIP Member

Money:
    $5,752
    On a side note, LJ recruited but missed on, have proven to Kopp, Burton and Udeze all of which have proven to be valuable assets for there respective teams.

9. mwall787

mwall787 Well-Known Member

Money:
    $1,460

The one that LaVall recruited that I’m glad we didn’t end up with is Chance Moore. It came out we were “no longer recruiting him” and he signed to Wichita State. He fought with Coach Marshall and transferred to Washington State. He either got ran off or fought with the coaches again, and is now playing at South Plains for a JuCo year.

10. estar20dawg

estar20dawg Well-Known Member

Money:
    $4,183
    And he's only played in 4 games there and hasn't played since end of November...yikes

11. bumba

bumba Well-Known Member

Money:
    $7,731
  12. bumba

bumba Well-Known Member

Money:
    $7,731
    I watched one of the early Wichita State games this year and Mo Udeze looked solid. I think he was hurt last year. Haven't followed the other two.

13. seadawg

seadawg Well-Known Member VIP Member

Money:
    $5,752
    Burton plays for WSU as well and averages over 10 pts. per game. While Kopp is Northwestern's leading scorer at just under 13 pts. per game. Glad LJ dropped Moore from consideration.

bumba likes this.
  14. FRENCH DAWG

FRENCH DAWG Active Member

Money:
    $475
    Here is a true story (I think. I lost the autograph I had him sign for me.).

I met Kamar at a SteakNShake outside Atlanta off interstate 20 about 6-7 years ago. I was wearing an older Butler Swim Coach (I swam for Butler and coached for two years) shirt and he came up to me to promote his buddy. My family had been at a USS Meet at Georgia Tech to watch my daughter swim.

He probably thought I was still coaching at Butler and wanted to tell me about his friend. Perhaps he thought I knew the Butler basketball coach. He was soft spoken, kind and respectful. At the end of our conversation I told him to take the initiative to contact Butler because the Dawgs had limited recruiting funds, to work on bringing the ball up the court with his opposite hand, to learn how to shoot in the paint with both hands because he’d find it difficult to get his shot off at Butler (He must have been 5’9” when I spoke with him), to stay out of trouble, and to go to church. I ended the conversation by telling him he’d be one of the greatest Butler basketball players of all time.

Glad things are working out for him.

15. ButlerFan89

ButlerFan89 Member

Money:
    $61
    What are you, a Professor or something?

FRENCH DAWG likes this.
  16. godogs91

godogs91 Well-Known Member

Money:
    $3,460
    Nah. That would mean he would have to work or something

Sent from my SM-G975U using Butler Hoops mobile app

FRENCH DAWG likes this.
  17. IU/Butler/Notre Dame

IU/Butler/Notre Dame Member

Money:
    $168
    You ..I apologize if I have bothered or offended you especially as a long time member ( the other guy I’m not quite as worried ) but I mean I opened a Luke brown thread and limited the posting to Luke brown ...my posting elsewhere isn’t filled with unrelated info... if you’ve seen him and don’t like him not only do I get it but I may even support some of your points ...since you seem halfway rational I promise this isn’t me knocking or insulting you I’m really just asking can you explain to me why if you aren’t up on brown or interested why you wouldn’t just avoid the luke brown info as opposed to going out of your way to say anyone supporting the idea is so wrong they have to stop talking about it even if they DO have interest in that info ? I mean if you have to block me and that solves your problem go ahead but I would prefer you either just ignore the brown info or add some cogent detraction on brown to the convo. Again didn’t mean to bother you ...just talk basketball and I tried to limit it to an area on topic

18. the_speakers_lab

the_speakers_lab Well-Known Member

Money:
    $4,457
    I haven't looked, but the McDonald's All-American nominations came out today... I imagine all our players received them... none will make the game, but good for the kids. It's a cool honor to look back upon in [insert old person number] years...

the noms are typically handed out like candy. I think JMM got one last year

19. mwall787

mwall787 Well-Known Member

Money:
    $1,460
    I didn’t see Scooby, but the other 4 got nominations.

Sidd Finch likes this.
  20. estar20dawg

estar20dawg Well-Known Member

Money:
    $4,183
    Yes shockingly Johnson is not on there, give him even more ammunition coming in here with a chip on his shoulder

Sidd Finch, znelson15 and seadawg like this.