Recruiting Notes 4.0 (The Summer of LaVall)

Discussion in 'Butler Recruiting' started by the_speakers_lab, Apr 23, 2019.

1. SnoopDawg

SnoopDawg Well-Known Member

Money:
    $1,648
    Another 5-star opts for the G-Leauge. https://www.cbssports.com/college-b...g-at-ucla-will-head-to-nbas-g-league-instead/

I know we don't recruit 5-star one an dones, but this will ultimately have a trickle down effect on Butler recruiting. This could be a sign that the one-and-done college basketball is coming to an end. With that being said, more teams will be coming for the 25-100 ranked prospects that Butler hopes to land. You can make a point that we don't recruit the 25-100 that hard, which would be fair to say. Those that do recruit 25-100 will have more competition for them and therefore will come to the 100+ prospects. Basically, it's supply+demand, supply is getting lower and demand (# of scholarships available) is staying the same.

2. Bulldogs260

Bulldogs260 Well-Known Member

Money:
    $1,526
    College basketball survived without Lebron or Kobe I think it will be fine without this kid or Jalen Green.

Sent from my iPhone using Butler Hoops mobile app

3. CarmelDawg23

CarmelDawg23 Well-Known Member

Money:
    $1,209
    From what I've been reading, they are being selective with who they are making offers to. Another thing to keep in mind is that this isn't an actual G-League team...it's really a glorified pickup team that will play 10-15 games that don't matter at all. Yes they will get to train with former players and play against some "vets" of the G-League, but I think you will still see a lot of elite talent from any given class going to play in college. You mention we don't recruit 25-100 that hard but realistically, they are probably going to pull 5-6 players from a class at most right now. Now this could develop and snowball into some sort of G-League showcase program with multiple teams made up of HS players, but for now, I don't think it will impact Butler at recruiting much at all. Being an elite HS recruit with 5* status does not assure you success beyond HS, whether you go to college or not, and to be honest, most of my favorite players I watched this year (Toppin, Flynn, Azubuke, Winston, Petrusev, Garza, etc...) were not the caliber of players this league would have been targeting when they were finishing up HS.

2xDawg likes this.
  4. the_speakers_lab

the_speakers_lab Well-Known Member

Money:
    $5,169
  5. SnoopDawg

SnoopDawg Well-Known Member

Money:
    $1,648
    Very good point. I was just stating that it could have a trickle down effect on our recruiting front.