Recruiting Notes 4.0 (The Summer of LaVall)

Discussion in 'Butler Recruiting' started by the_speakers_lab, Apr 23, 2019.

1. bumba

bumba Well-Known Member

Money:
    $7,255
    It was a joke. Sorry the internet didn't translate.

jkcdawgs likes this.
  2. Mr X

Mr X Super Moderator

Money:
    $213

bumba and NCJon like this.
  3. bumba

bumba Well-Known Member

Money:
    $7,255

Make the call LJ!

SpartanDawgs and willisbrown like this.
  4. NCJon

NCJon Well-Known Member VIP Member

Money:
    $6,146
    Now that's interesting. I guess he didn't like getting recruited over.

5. bumba

bumba Well-Known Member

Money:
    $7,255
  6. bumba

bumba Well-Known Member

Money:
    $7,255

Sounds like the kid is already blowing up

7. willisbrown

willisbrown Well-Known Member

Money:
    $3,319
    Looks like Jones has mostly a mid major offer list except for South Carolina. He's in their backyard but Frank Martin doesn't just hand out offers.

8. firedupkaren

firedupkaren Well-Known Member

Money:
    $4,871
    He already knows where he’s going, it’s not Butler.

9. willisbrown

Money:
    $3,319
    It's Memphis.

10. bumba

bumba Well-Known Member

Money:
    $7,255
  11. Army Dawg!!!

Army Dawg!!! Active Member

Money:
    $249
    I wonder what Lavall does with that remaining scholarship for 19/20? I would love a back up PG so KB doesn’t need to play on the ball very much. Maybe Battle can be that, but I just never trust a freshman to have that type of role. I would be ok with LJ holding on to the scholarship if he thought he was going to have a really good 2020 recruiting class.

12. willisbrown

Money:
    $3,319
    He's pocketing it. Just like someone said he would months back. Hmmmm. He's not targeting any other 2019 transfers (not there are any other than Kirk to go after) so it is all on 2020 and he better hit it out of the park. But, yeah.

13. Insane Dawg

Insane Dawg Well-Known Member

Money:
    $12,472
    We aren’t desperate to add a body. If we can get a game changing guard that is immediately eligible great. Otherwise focus on 2020. As to Smits I’ve come around to believing he is an improvement over both Fowler and BrFowler and Brunk so we need to get in with the season.

dawgs2014 likes this.
  14. dawgs2014

dawgs2014 Well-Known Member

Money:
    $2,589
    Bingo. It would have been nice to add Flagler. Flagler likely represents the best chance for the 20-21 team to be the best they can, but we’re no better or worse for next year than we have been at any point to date.

It’s also *possible* that missing on Flagler means we end up with someone better.

As ID said, we’re not desperate for a body.

And I agree that likely Smits if not better than JB/NF by himself will at least allow the frontcourt to be overall better than last season.

Sent from my iPhone using Butler Hoops

15. Ignatius J. Reilly

Ignatius J. Reilly Well-Known Member

Money:
    $4,037
    Not to be all rose-colored glasses, but we wouldn't have gotten Tucker if we hadn't had a scholarship available mid-season.

Tentozen and bumba like this.
  16. bumba

bumba Well-Known Member

Money:
    $7,255
    Exactly, does anyone remember the name the kid we missed on to have the scholie available for Tucker? That seems to have upside.

17. Jared Grubbs

Jared Grubbs Administrator Staff Member

Money:
    $15,872
  18. willisbrown

Money:
    $3,319
    But mostly around here people tore into Tucker and couldn't stand him, even as far as to blame him for the second half collapse. Would be rich to see all of them jump on this very point and use it to defend yet another winnable miss by this staff.

19. Jared Grubbs

Jared Grubbs Administrator Staff Member

Money:
    $15,872
    I don’t think it’s wrong to believe Tucker hurt us last season while still loving his ceiling and believing he can be a big time scorer for us his final 2 seasons.

Sent from my iPhone using Butler Hoops mobile app

20. ghostryder

ghostryder Active Member

Money:
    $129
    Tucker basically sat out a year and a half; I can overlook the rust’s effects and mis-fit with the system for a half a semester.

However, he does need to adjust to his role of probably being the second option in crunch time. Kamar in all likelihood will be the one with the ball in his hands with games on the line. Tucker will be that guy in 20-21 if he sticks around.

I expect a much smoother season from Tucker next year.

bumba likes this.