Recruiting Notes 5.0 (The Summer of the Hazmat Suit)

Discussion in 'Butler Recruiting' started by willisbrown, Apr 27, 2020.

1. willisbrown

willisbrown Well-Known Member

Money:
    $9,811
    He re-opened his recruitment, decommitting from Wake after Manning was fired. We're in on him. So is Holt. Anyway, quality big that would do well in our system.

Y'all must all have corona or I missed the post somewhere, not sure why this wasn't already a thing? Anyway, we're sniffing, would be a nice final cog to 2021's class.

2. Albick

Albick Well-Known Member VIP Member

Money:
    $1,336
    Check out post by Lukas on James last evening on the Recruiting Notes 4.0 thread. Includes highlight video.

3. willisbrown

willisbrown Well-Known Member

Money:
    $9,811
    Just saw it, it needs to be merged into his own thread I'd think.

4. The Hound

The Hound Member

Money:
    $169
    Dunking, rebounding, shot blocking kid! Get him in coach!

5. The Hound

The Hound Member

Money:
    $169
    And learning from a Sr. year Golden. Great fit.

willisbrown likes this.
  6. Lukas Harkins

Lukas Harkins Well-Known Member

Money:
    $3,461
    I thought we could use a new thread for recruiting heading into this summer. With the most recent offer of David Joplin, I have updated my recruiting "Big Board" for Butler in the 2021 recruiting class. This piece includes breakdowns on the two in-state commits, the presumed four biggest targets, and some words on potential names to monitor over the coming months. I will be updating this piece as any news arises.

https://bustingbrackets.com/2020/04/13/butler-basketball-big-board-2021-recruiting-class-targets/

Additionally, I thought I would put together a scholarship chart for the future. As things currently stand, I am keeping Jordan Tucker in his slot but that could obviously change as early as the next few days or could stay the same. I'm leaving open the possibility of him keeping that last scholarship until we know otherwise for sure. I will also update this chart as any changes occur.

CHART LAST UPDATED: May 28th after the addition of Bo Hodges.

Screen Shot 2020-05-28 at 1.49.27 PM.png

As always, let me know if I made any mistakes as I'm sure I did somewhere :p.

Last edited: May 28, 2020
  7. Insane Dawg

Insane Dawg Well-Known Member

Money:
    $15,902
    Good job Lucas. Fortunately the Dawgs have a good jump on 2021 considering how difficult it is to recruit in the current environment,

bumba and Lukas Harkins like this.
  8. the_speakers_lab

the_speakers_lab Well-Known Member

Money:
    $4,752
    Oh come on! Bleep Rona and d$#@%%# self!

I had the Title and the Gif all thought up already for this year... I just didn't make the thread bc well there was not a whole lot happening... (unless determining the burbs of Chicago counts?)

Building upon last year's the Summer of Lavall this year was set to be Recruiting Notes 5.0 (The Summer of the Hazmat Suit)

[​IMG]

Last edited: May 6, 2020
  9. the_speakers_lab

the_speakers_lab Well-Known Member

Money:
    $4,752
    anyways thanks for the updated scholarship chart... I didn't realize the class balance was so skewed?

10. TheDawgDub95

TheDawgDub95 Well-Known Member

Money:
    $1,555
    Anyone seen both Pouly and Barnhizer play? I was starting to warm up to the idea of Barnhizer but opinions of Pouly are resurfacing. I've not seen either play, but I was getting the impression that Barnhizer is a more complete player. Valid or no?

Sent from my SM-G930V using Butler Hoops mobile app

11. estar20dawg

estar20dawg Well-Known Member

Money:
    $5,273
    Very Valid

12. seadawg

seadawg Well-Known Member VIP Member

Money:
    $7,616
    Barnhizer is sound. BU has some really good options moving forward.

13. ButlerNut

ButlerNut Well-Known Member VIP Member

Money:
    $6,988
    It appears @Lukas Harkins heeded your suggestion...

14. Lukas Harkins

Money:
    $3,461
    Updated 247Sports Rankings for Butler's 2020 class:

137. Chuck Harris (up 21 spots from mid-April)
    157. Scooby Johnson (up 39)
    168. Myles Tate (down 38)
    170. Jakobe Coles (up 3)
    313. Myles Wilmoth (previous ranking not listed)

Updated 247Sports Composite for Butler's 2020 class:

141. Scooby Johnson (up 10 spots from mid-April)
    147. Chuck Harris (up 2)
    154. Jakobe Coles (down 6)
    197. Myles Tate (down 11)
    353. Myles Wilmoth (previous ranking not listed)

Butler's class is ranked at 40th nationally by 247Sports.

estar20dawg likes this.
  15. jkcdawgs

jkcdawgs Well-Known Member

Money:
    $2,093
    Tate being 197 is comical. Kid has one of the best 1-on-1 games in the class. Good passer, quick, decent shooter from deep.

bumba and Insane Dawg like this.
  16. CarmelDawg23

CarmelDawg23 Well-Known Member

Money:
    $1,204
    How Tate wins Mr. Basketball and ANOTHER state title and drops 38 spots is beyond mind-boggling. Meanwhile his team PJ Hall jumps up and remains a mainstay in the top 70. Now I will acknowledge Hall is better but he's not 100 spots better than Tate. I have no doubt in my mind this class is going to come in with a chip on their shoulder and prove the morons at 247 wrong. I've lost a lot of respect for Evan Daniels...used to think he was pretty spot on but he's really become a cartoon these past few years.

#60 and Insane Dawg like this.
  17. ButlerGoalie

ButlerGoalie Well-Known Member

Money:
    $2,185
    I think this is a pretty good example of money talks. Again rankings are always going to be subjective and it behooves these sites to rank targets from bigger teams higher to get the clicks.

I'm not too concerned, but it is depressing to see all of the recruits (for the most part) drop once they commit to Butler.

That said, I didn't realize that we still have 3 scholarships for 2021... we are going to be really young that season. With likely only one upperclass starter. I can see now why LJ is looking for a sit one, play two for the Tucker spot.

18. dawgs2014

dawgs2014 Well-Known Member

Money:
    $5,078
    Right. Who cares what they’re ranked? The only reason to care about ratings is a source of confirmation that we’re getting a good player. If you (General) think we are, microanalysis of recruiting rankings is largely pointless.

Sent from my iPhone using Butler Hoops

19. Lukas Harkins

Money:
    $3,461
  20. Lukas Harkins

Money:
    $3,461
    Rivals' Final 2020 Position Rankings (will be updated throughout the week):

PG: Chuck Harris (31st), Myles Tate (33rd)

beezer16 and #60 like this.