Recruiting Notes 5.0 (The Summer of the Hazmat Suit)

Discussion in 'Butler Recruiting' started by willisbrown, Apr 27, 2020.

1. Lukas Harkins

Lukas Harkins Well-Known Member

Money:
    $4,230
    My last game of the night will be watching 2022 Wisconsin Playground Club. There was at least some prior interest in Jeffery Brazziel from them plus I expect Jack Rose could get an offer from Butler with a good summer. Especially excited to see what Rose brings in a full game (he missed a three as I sent the post).

Update: This was probably the most interesting game I watched today. PGC went down 17-2 and then ended up winning by 10. Rose can definitely shoot it, but I didn't do too much evaluation in this game - just kind of enjoyed a good game.

Last edited: Apr 30, 2021
  2. Lukas Harkins

Money:
    $4,230
    Happy to. I entered tonight with a list of guys that I specifically wanted to take note of, so this isn't comprehensive of possible targets or anything...but here are some I was prioritizing watching: Charlie Williams (Carmel), Ashton Williamson (21st Century), Tayshawn Comer (Cathedral), Brenden Moss (Minnesota Prep in MN), Leon Bond (Tosa East in WI - fun fact, in both mine and Coach O's old HS conference), and Jack Rose (Westosha Central in WI).

3. znelson15

znelson15 Well-Known Member

Money:
    $1,999
    Thanks for all of this insight !!!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Butler Hoops mobile app

NCJon likes this.
  4. the_speakers_lab

the_speakers_lab Well-Known Member

Money:
    $5,169
    Did you catch Dravyn Gibbs-Lawhorn today? Who did you think the alpha was on Indy Heat?
    Also, could you look for Jalen Hooks... I think he a 23 from Attucks

Last edited: May 1, 2021
  5. Lukas Harkins

Money:
    $4,230
    Which Indy Heat team are you referring to. EYBL 2022 or 2023? I was planning on prioritizing Dravyn but my stream quality was iffy-at-best for that game and he doesn't have a list number on either of the rosters I have. I *think* Hooks is playing for G3-All Indy but I can't find him on the roster. Regardless, I am planning on watching them today because of Joey Brown and Xavier Booker so I'll find out.

6. Lukas Harkins

Money:
    $4,230
    New Butler offer to 2022 Rowan Brumbaugh. This one isn't a major surprise based on what I know about him - I'm actually more surprised it didn't happen sooner. 6-4 lead guard.

DawgPoundMac likes this.
  7. Lukas Harkins

Money:
    $4,230
    I slept in a little bit so I skipped the 8am session (I'll rewatch some games on BallerTV that I missed anyway). Settling in for Indy Heat 2023 again for another look at Ashton Williamson and crew. I *love* Williamson's defense. He's so aggressive.

Indy Heat's entire defense is suffocating.

I like Jermaine Coleman's game quite a bit. Big at 6-foot-7, has stretched the floor nicely.

Indy Heat won by 24. Williamson continues to impress on defense, his playmaking chops are obvious as well though he tends to do a bit too much at times. I'd have to see it again but I think he tried to throw one through his defender's legs at one point to get it inside to the big. He's fun and an intense competitor by the looks of it.

jkcdawgs likes this.
  8. Lukas Harkins

Money:
    $4,230
    A 2022 matchup between JH1 Elite and Kingdom Hoops is next on my agenda. Opportunity to see Leon Bond go up against Brenden Moss. Bond has been on Butler's radar for a long time and I'd expect an offer at some point. He's from Tosa East in Wisconsin, a school that terrorized me in volleyball in high school. I've been writing about him for a year and I *love* Bond's game.

Bond is blocking the s*** out of balls in this game. On an overall note, he is so unique and impressive. His athleticism and aggression are off the charts and he is already such a high-level defender. Swats shots, forces turnovers, can cover multiple spots. Offensively, he runs a bunch of point forward for JH1. He is a bit too much right-hand reliant as a ball-handler but is so impressive. I don't see how he doesn't end as a Top 100 player in the class.

In a completely different game also during this time slot, Javaughn Hannah is en fuego.

jkcdawgs likes this.
  9. thebulldogs

thebulldogs Active Member

Money:
    $445
    247 article from Eric Bossi today said that we are trying to get Bond on campus (along with Marquette). Would imagine we would offer then.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Butler Hoops mobile app

10. the_speakers_lab

the_speakers_lab Well-Known Member

Money:
    $5,169
    The u16’s... I think that’s the 23’s. Sorry the pandemic has thrown my class graduation number clock off

11. Lukas Harkins

Money:
    $4,230
    I would expect that to be the case, or possibly sooner even. Bond is a priority, and rightfully so. He's going to be a stud at the college level and they've put in a lot of time.

estar20dawg likes this.
  12. Lukas Harkins

Money:
    $4,230

I really like Christian Reeves. With continued development, he could be the big that basically everyone has been clamoring for. Huge, runs the floor, swats shots, etc.

knobcreekfan likes this.
  13. UDDawg

UDDawg Well-Known Member

Money:
    $9,086
    A 7-1 Center, be still my heart!

14. Lukas Harkins

Money:
    $4,230
    Team Teague (Leland Walker, Charlie Williams, Rasheed Jones, Illinois commit Reggie Bass) vs. Meanstreets (Jalen Washington, Kam Craft, AJ Casey) is FUN.

15. jkcdawgs

jkcdawgs Well-Known Member

Money:
    $2,313
    Any evening games we should keep an eye on with Butler targets? Not a Derby guy and the NFL Draft is like torture at this point.

16. Lukas Harkins

Money:
    $4,230
    I am very much looking forward to 2023 Indy Heat vs. Midwest Basketball Club. It's on Court 1 so it should be both free-to-watch and also actually have announcers. Kind of the perfect game to watch imo. Ashton Williamson is my #1 to watch in that game from a Butler perspective, though Jermaine Coleman was impressive this morning. Nate Dudukovich is on MBC and that is a last name many here will recognize.

Xavier Booker and Joey Brown (George Hill All Indy) play on Court 4 against JH1 Elite in the 2023 ranks at the 6pm slot as well.

17. Lukas Harkins

Money:
    $4,230
    Settling into 2022 Indy Heat EYBL vs. Kingdom Hoops right now. Tayshawn Comer (Cathedral) is off to a strong start, think he has seven of Indy Heat's first 11.

Comer continues to look good. This is also the best I've seen Brenden Moss of Kingdom Hoops so far this weekend - his team is down 13 but he's made some nice plays.

18. Lukas Harkins

Money:
    $4,230
    2023 Indy Heat vs. Midwest Basketball Club lived up to the hype I set for it in my head. Fun game. Indy Heat trailed by as many as 13 in the second half, completed a comeback to tie it up with 2.9 left and then won in overtime. 95-91 final. This was the most aggressive I have seen Ashton Williamson offensively this weekend. He had at least 16 or 18 points, by my count. Hit one three but mostly did his damage in his usual way with finishing inside. Had a pair of and-ones and slammed one home in transition. Dishes some high-level passes and showed great defensive aggression, both of which are themes of his game that have come across in each full-game viewing.

As far as other players in the game, Jamie Hodge made some big plays down the stretch of regulation for Indy Heat, including hitting the game-tying free-throws. I continue to be intrigued by Jermaine Coleman. He's a 6-7 forward that has stretched the floor nicely this weekend, impressive-looking player that I want to watch more of. From the Midwest Basketball Club side, Nate Dudukovich got *buckets* - not only did he showcase his 3-point shooting ability but also was aggressive on the offensive glass and got a pair of putbacks as a result.

19. Lukas Harkins

Money:
    $4,230
    2023 Indy Heat knocked off Phenom U on what I would classify as a controversial buzzer-beater. Looked like offensive goaltending to me but a 47-45 victory in Indy Heat's favor nonetheless.

Ashton Williamson was kept very quiet in the first half but buried a really deep catch-and-shoot three that seemed to invigorate him. He was much better offensively in the second half, burying another really deep three, hitting a pull-up middie, finishing one at the rim, and all-around being more aggressive getting inside and finding teammates. He finished with 10 points for the game and was particularly involved in the second half comeback (Indy Heat was down nine at half). More than anything else, I have *loved* his defense this weekend. He's got nice size and is a superb athlete. Super engaged defensively both on and off-ball, stays in front of his man, plays passing lanes. There are not many guards that have popped as likely difference-making defenders in their collegiate futures but he is definitely one of them.

I also continue to enjoy watching Jermaine Coleman. He's 6-7, long, and can really shoot it from deep. He has played well this weekend and is tough to stop. Nice lefty stroke.

Going to watch more of Nate Dudukovich now.

#60 and 2xDawg like this.
  20. TheDawgDub95

TheDawgDub95 Well-Known Member

Money:
    $2,110
    If we assume Golden stays for a 5th year, how many schollies do we have available for the 2022 class? Is my count of 3 correct (Golden, Mulloy and the 8 2020/2021s)?

Sent from my SM-G977U using Butler Hoops mobile app