Recruiting Notes 5.0 (The Summer of the Hazmat Suit)

Discussion in 'Butler Recruiting' started by willisbrown, Apr 27, 2020.

1. DawgPoundMac

DawgPoundMac Active Member

Money:
    $358
    I actually thought the exact same thing about his highlight reel. I wonder when he’ll be visiting this summer.

Sent from my iPhone using Butler Hoops mobile app

2. willisbrown

willisbrown Well-Known Member

Money:
    $12,420
    Ugh we've been in contact with Charlie Williams from Carmel. The last big from carmel who was a true "project" hasn't worked out so well. Please stay away, LaVall. I beg you.

SnoopDawg likes this.
  3. dawgs2014

dawgs2014 Well-Known Member

Money:
    $7,502
    Lavall also ruined our small forward from St. Vincent St. Mary high school, who by virtue of association should have been as good as Lebron since that’s apparently how we’re doing this now.

Sent from my iPhone using Butler Hoops

4. estar20dawg

estar20dawg Well-Known Member

Money:
    $5,922
    Yea, why would we want to be interested in some one in our home city with scouts you know talking about how he is on pace to be one of the break out players from the summer... His comp is becoming a very, very Chet Holmgren lite

5. Ignatius J. Reilly

Ignatius J. Reilly Well-Known Member

Money:
    $7,191
    but but but...Mulloy!

godogs91, seadawg and iluvsnow like this.
  6. Irishdawg

Irishdawg Banned User

Money:
    $1,154
    Lighter than Chet Holmgren? Both scary and impressive if true, because that doesn't seem possible other than the fact he's a couple inches shorter. ;)

Like what I see. He's a completely different player than Mulloy, so comparing the two just because they're similar in height and come from the same school seems shortsighted.

The good news is he's still pretty unknown and I don't see his stock rising so high that Butler wouldn't have a shot at him at this point, but the AAU season is young, so you never know.

UDDawg and estar20dawg like this.
  7. seadawg

seadawg Well-Known Member VIP Member

Money:
    $8,695
    A point of debate is likely CW will see his ceiling rise beyond the likes of BU, but we shall see. Add to that, Willis says NO!

8. Lukas Harkins

Lukas Harkins Well-Known Member

Money:
    $4,578
    Considering my fiancee used to babysit Charlie, he's probably the 2022 player I've watched most over the past few years - along with Suder, for obvious reasons. I've been very impressed with the jump he's taken over the past year - his ability to succeed at Carmel and with Team Teague, who are vastly different schematically and tempo-wise, has been intriguing as well. I wrote about him a bit last week during my 2022 primer for BU - think there's a good chance he ends up being a high-major worthy recruit.

Last edited: May 20, 2021
  9. BUcheer

BUcheer Well-Known Member VIP Member

Money:
    $7,218
    His dad bleeds cream and crimson. Woodson won’t have the offer all the way out of his mouth before Williams commits:) That’s if he rises to a Power 5 level.

10. estar20dawg

Money:
    $5,922
    Scouts think after this AAU Summer he will definitely be on the Power 5 board, so if that's true than we might as well archive this right now

11. seadawg

Money:
    $8,695
    Nostradamus has already predicted he will not be worthy.

12. Lukas Harkins

Money:
    $4,578
    I've been away most of the weekend, so sorry for not having any notes from event(s). I'll get back to streaming or attending as soon as I can to bring more content. Super pumped to see how things develop once the dead period ends.

13. iluvsnow

iluvsnow Well-Known Member

Money:
    $809
    Now here is an interesting strategy to recruiting.....
    Fran Fraschilla
    @franfraschilla

·
    3m

One Top 40 program coach told me last week that they will no longer recruit HS players but will live in the transfer portal. “We’re like the NBA. We can build through free agency or through the draft. We’ll take the surer thing.”

PSUButlerFan and dawgs2014 like this.
  14. Lukas Harkins

Money:
    $4,578
  15. Eric

Eric Well-Known Member VIP Member

Money:
    $3,488
    A friend of mine's brother coaches a pretty successful D2 program, and hasn't actively recruited high school for several years. Lives on JuCo and transfers up from D3, and down from mid/low majors.

16. ap234

ap234 Active Member

Money:
    $374
    Maybe it's been discussed but 2023 Guard Joey Hart will be visiting Butler this summer. Probably in June.

seadawg likes this.
  17. seadawg

Money:
    $8,695
    Hart is ranked #3 in Indiana class of 2023.

18. Lukas Harkins

Money:
    $4,578
    Where have you seen him ranked third in the class? Perhaps I have just missed those rankings. I've liked Hart when I've seen him this spring, but I think I'd have Hooks, Fears, Williamson, Coleman, and Booker all ahead of him right now. With that said, all six feel like high-major guys.

Last edited: May 25, 2021
  19. estar20dawg

Money:
    $5,922
    247 only has Fears and Hooks ranked for Indiana has of now

20. seadawg

Money:
    $8,695
    Baumhoops.com top 20 for the class of 2023. Hooks was listed #1. It was on Hart's twitter page. Fears is an import from Illinois I believe.

Last edited: May 25, 2021