Recruiting Notes 5.0 (The Summer of the Hazmat Suit)

Discussion in 'Butler Recruiting' started by willisbrown, Apr 27, 2020.

1. seadawg

seadawg Well-Known Member VIP Member

Money:
    $8,988
    Realizing this is a rather obscure rating site and perhaps a bit of self-promotion, still good to see Hart is viewed as a tier top guard. At 6'5" and the son of a winning coach, has it's advantages.

2. Lukas Harkins

Lukas Harkins Well-Known Member

Money:
    $4,677
  3. UDDawg

UDDawg Well-Known Member

Money:
    $9,194
  4. Lukas Harkins

Money:
    $4,677
    I think I got everyone Butler has been publicly linked to but I'm sure I probably skimmed over someone. I don't really view Taylor as a target anymore, but he holds an offer so I included. A few head-scratchers in their Top150 tbh. I'm shocked - I mean SHOCKED - to not see Leon Bond, for one.

formz42 and Tentozen like this.
  5. seadawg

Money:
    $8,988
    Bond was a Marquette lean. BU never offering says something?

6. Lukas Harkins

Money:
    $4,677
    Not in the slightest. As in, it says absolutely nothing.

7. TheDawgDub95

TheDawgDub95 Well-Known Member VIP Member

Money:
    $2,265
    Is it fair to say you, personally, would be surprised if Bond doesn't visit and doesn't get a Butler offer?

Sent from my SM-G977U using Butler Hoops mobile app

8. estar20dawg

estar20dawg Well-Known Member

Money:
    $6,047
    I would be surprised if he doesn't get an offer and him being left off any top 150 list right now says everything with how bad rankings are

TheDawgDub95 likes this.
  9. Lukas Harkins

Money:
    $4,677
    Yes. That is fair to say. I think he will both visit and get an offer. We’ll see, obviously, but that is my opinion/stance.

10. UDDawg

UDDawg Well-Known Member

Money:
    $9,194

NCJon likes this.
  11. Lukas Harkins

Money:
    $4,677
    I'm not tweeting this list because I doubt I'll have enough characters. But here is where Butler targets stand in the position rankings by Rivals for the 2022 class (and I'm sure I am missing a few that I glanced over lol):

Point Guard
    12. Nick Smith (offered)

Shooting Guard
    10. Sencire Harris
    17. Kam Craft (one person posted about BU pursuit, but I don't know how legit that was)
    23. Javaughn Hannah (offered last summer)
    27. Aidan Hadaway

Small Forward
    13. Justin Taylor (offered - probably out of the running)
    26. Tyler Nickel (offered - I'd say among the top targets)
    28. Cam Whitmore (I seem to remember interest here)
    46. DJ Nix
    48. Leon Bond (lol at this placement - I'd say among top targets)

Power Forward
    No targets that I saw

Center
    20. Will Shaver (offered - was previously cut from list)
    27. Cade Hornecker

That's at least the best I put together at this moment. Things will get a lot more clearer from a rankings (I think we'll see 247 with vastly different rankings) and BU perspective within the month. I'd also put a couple of these guys at different positions than they are currently listed at, fwiw. With how all over the place rankings will be this summer, I'm definitely going to be trusting my eye test more than I have in the past - doing my best to watch as much as I can of those that I know Butler is heavily involved with.

znelson15, #60, SnoopDawg and 8 others like this.
  12. seadawg

Money:
    $8,988
    I was as surprised as anyone, but not in the rankings per say. Since BU was connected to Bond early on in the recruiting process, the lack of an offer or even the hint of an official or unofficial visit remains a fact. Hopefully I'm totally off base if Bond is a priority. Just think, Bonds ranking will drop even further should he choose BU.

13. Lukas Harkins

Money:
    $4,677
    I think we will see Bond easily in 247Sports' Top 100, and possibly in their Top 75, when they release. I know a few guys there, like myself, that really love his game and will slot him high. Rankings are going to be a mess this summer regardless, but I personally believe 247S's will be more 'accurate' since I *think* they have a deeper writing staff covering hoops recruiting.

estar20dawg likes this.
  14. estar20dawg

estar20dawg Well-Known Member

Money:
    $6,047
  15. Lukas Harkins

Money:
    $4,677
    Jack Rose is among the 2022 prospects planning on visiting Butler this summer. I saw recent highlights got posted so decided to share. I didn't watch Rose at this event but I've streamed PCG at least five times this summer. He's got good size in the backcourt, can really shoot it with good range, moves very well without the ball and has some self-creation to his game, pretty average defender but not bad. I like his game and will want to watch more as the summer progresses.

Other note: There are a *lot* of confirmed visitors already this summer and I think the fanbase should be looking forward to this summer. All I can say right now (not regarding any looming commits) but will be able to publish some fun stuff soon.

Last edited: Jun 3, 2021
  16. Lukas Harkins

Money:
    $4,677
    For those that just want a running tracker of the visits that have been publicly announced (I only post stuff I'm told I can post), here is the rundown of the past week. It's a free-to-read recruiting roundup of all the news that I tracked down that has been posted over the past seven days. If these are well-liked, I'll probably continue doing them with some regularity during the offseason/recruiting season.

https://www.patreon.com/posts/52071429

17. butlerdude05

butlerdude05 Active Member

Money:
    $4,694
    Who tells you what you can and cannot post?

Thanks for all of your work and updates both in and out of season. Don't know how you do it while having a professional job.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Butler Hoops mobile app

18. PSUButlerFan

PSUButlerFan Well-Known Member

Money:
    $16,361
    Probably the players, their families, and/or their handlers. Many want privacy and want to announce on their time without a recruiting analyst tipping where they are visiting or stealing their thunder.

As much as I would love to know more, Lucas is doing the right thing (also not implying that you’re questioning him, just to be clear).

DawgPoundMac, 2xDawg and seadawg like this.
  19. Lukas Harkins

Money:
    $4,677
    Essentially. Plus I'm not particularly consistent about asking what I am allowed to post and I always err on the side of caution. I maintain privacy for the same reason I make interview articles free - respect for sources/recruits comes before anything else for me in writing. Also, Lukas* :p

As far as doing it while having a professional job, that's what my evenings and weekends are for! I do a pretty decent job of scheduling calls and writing time so that I don't get too far behind. I have an awesome setup for work in my apartment and I got really used to writing a ton while I was in school. My overall workload is lower now with FTE+fewer articles than it was in college with class, daily articles, internship, and writing tutoring - having a more concrete schedule really helps.

20. PSUButlerFan

PSUButlerFan Well-Known Member

Money:
    $16,361
    Ah well ****! LuKas. Got it!

znelson15 and Lukas Harkins like this.