Recruiting Notes 5.0 (The Summer of the Hazmat Suit)

Discussion in 'Butler Recruiting' started by willisbrown, Apr 27, 2020.

1. seadawg

seadawg Well-Known Member VIP Member

Money:
    $8,619
    Suder is a very solid player. Fundamentally sound and does a little bit of everything along with being a good shooter. He will be a 4 year starter at Carmel. He was impressive both games I attended. He is undervalued IMO.

2. jkcdawgs

jkcdawgs Well-Known Member

Money:
    $2,313
    Any relation to Zach Gunn? May ring a bell for some around here.

3. UDDawg

UDDawg Well-Known Member

Money:
    $9,086
    I’ve always assumed so, even before I read in that story that he transferred to LN from HSE, which is where I think Zach played. But the story only mentions a sister.

jkcdawgs likes this.
  4. UDDawg

UDDawg Well-Known Member

Money:
    $9,086
    jkcdawgs likes this.
  5. Lukas Harkins

Lukas Harkins Well-Known Member

Money:
    $4,232
    I was waiting for there to be confirmed interest here. I've been really impressed by Trimble in the past and he is teammates with Steven Clay (another 2022 Butler reached out to). Needs to shoot it better but can really get to the rack and defends well. Maybe it's just because I'm more familiar with Wisconsin HS and watch more of them, but I like a lot of the players that the staff has reached out to so far (plus I love guards from the DMV).

6. estar20dawg

estar20dawg Well-Known Member

Money:
    $5,876
    Yea I'll never be upset for anybody we reach out to who is a guard from the DMV

7. butlerguy03

butlerguy03 Well-Known Member

Money:
    $1,885
    Anyone else like that we are 100% high-level recruiting now?! ...but keeping ahead of the game as well. This staff knows the trail.

8. estar20dawg

Money:
    $5,876
    Ah yes sorry, I'll revise that to a Power 3, think he would pair really well next to Coles or Wilmouth for that matter. You could have a lineup with 6'6 Thomas, 6'6 Scooby, 6'8 Graham, 6'7 Coles, 6'9 Golden/6'10 Wilmoth...would definitely be interesting

9. Insane Dawg

Insane Dawg Well-Known Member

Money:
    $15,916
    I seem to remember when we didn’t start to recruit kids until after their junior year

cornette33 likes this.
  10. cornette33

cornette33 Well-Known Member

Money:
    $1,501
    For the 2022 targets, did they contact as many the previous yr right away?

11. the_speakers_lab

the_speakers_lab Well-Known Member

Money:
    $5,169
    Yeah... but giving someone a phone call or text isn't that important. Getting them on campus (multiple times) is...

cornette33 likes this.
  12. ConnersvilleBulldog

ConnersvilleBulldog Well-Known Member VIP Member

Money:
    $8,400
    I remember being really impressed with Suder when I watched the Carmel/Ben Davis championship game last year. I'm glad we reached out to him.

willisbrown and UDDawg like this.
  13. TheDawgDub95

TheDawgDub95 Well-Known Member

Money:
    $2,110
    I was going to try to make an understated sarcastic comment, but I can't... You know a guy can shoot when his teammates, on the bench, start to stand up the moment he goes into his shooting motion.

LaVall should be established enough, by then, for us to be swimming in these waters.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Butler Hoops mobile app

14. Crash

Crash Well-Known Member

Money:
    $529
    Incredible to see the movement on '21 verbals and '22 offers. Lot of high ceiling guys. Some will miss, but if we're brining in 2-3 Battles every year, you're going to hit on 1-2 that take a solid roster to dangerous. The '20 class is rock solid and solid his how Butler has thrived. All-in guys who might not have high ceilings, but their floors are not low. Having a mix going forward is going to be fun to watch.

15. UDDawg

UDDawg Well-Known Member

Money:
    $9,086
    2023 name

16. estar20dawg

Money:
    $5,876
    6'3 just finished Fresh year holds D1 offers already...

17. bicknob

bicknob Member

Money:
    $97
    Has to be Vander Blue's brother or relative right? Same high school

18. estar20dawg

Money:
    $5,876
    Highly doubt it cause um if you look at the two you can see they aren't related

bicknob likes this.
  19. jkcdawgs

jkcdawgs Well-Known Member

Money:
    $2,313
  20. Brett

Brett Active Member

Money:
    $185
    Braylen Blue sure has a nice stroke and good handles. What I really find amazing is that at his age he has such
    court awareness and love those pinpoint passes he is making. I hope Butler give him an offer.