Recruiting Notes 6.0 - Summer 2021

Discussion in 'Butler Recruiting' started by bumba, Jun 14, 2021.

1. Army Dawg!!!

Army Dawg!!! Well-Known Member

Money:
    $693
    I didn’t see LJ. I did see Emerson there. He was watching a Lawerence central/Zionsville game, along with about 25 other D1 coaches. I don’t know who though.

2. estar20dawg

estar20dawg Well-Known Member

Money:
    $6,138
    Add Aaron Smith to the list of kids contacted:

NJ Benson 6'7 versatile took a visit

bumba likes this.
  3. the_speakers_lab

the_speakers_lab Well-Known Member

Money:
    $5,307
    Yeah, LaVall was only there one day. Apparently, Zionsville has a good junior guard. So I would guess that's who he was checking out, but there are always really good, young kids at the MIC schools. At the shootout, we were mostly watching Cathedral, Carmel, Attucks, Heritage, etc...

I haven't ascertained where the rest of the staff was this weekend. If I were to guess: the showcase in DC, the one in Rockford, IL, maybe the one in Philly, maybe the one Connecticut, maybe if one existed in StL, maybe if one existed in MI?

4. Lukas Harkins

Lukas Harkins Well-Known Member

Money:
    $4,964
    As far as I'm aware, Benson's visit was camp. He was in attendance.

bumba and estar20dawg like this.
  5. firedupkaren

firedupkaren Well-Known Member

Money:
    $6,095
    Just speaking out loud here, not sure where to put this...

I think there is still the perception that we're recruiting "the Butler Way" >>> i.e. focused approach, few offers, etc. As an aside, this approach has been more criticized than applauded by the board I'd say.

Anyways, this has changed quite a bit recently. I still read Lukas's articles where kids say things like "they don't offer a lot of people so it really means a lot..." or something to that same effect. Is that true anymore? I don't think it is.

I have not done any fact checking here, but I'd venture to guess we have more open offers out right now than any other time in the past decades.

What does this mean long-term?

Well there's gonna be a lot more of "doesn't mention Butler at all." in recruiting update articles. There are more kids we're tracking, there's going to be more "failures".

I do think it's the correct approach to take as long as we don't end up becoming Xavier.

Tentozen likes this.
  6. estar20dawg

Money:
    $6,138
    I posted in the Big East thread the current offers out there as well as how the rest of the Big East stacks up about 2 weeks ago, I believe then we were at 11 offers, Villanova only had 5 offers out and I think UConn had like 15, then the Depauls Xaviers Georgetowns had between 40-50

2xDawg likes this.
  7. UDDawg

UDDawg Well-Known Member

Money:
    $9,268
    Has there been any sign of us being interested in Xavier Booker, 2023 out of Cathedral? Seems like he's been racking up tons of good offers lately. IU, Louisville, ND, OSU, Iowa, among others.

8. seadawg

seadawg Well-Known Member VIP Member

Money:
    $9,220
    Booker is one of the worst kept secrets in Indy. Have to wonder if there is a reciprocal interest?

9. butlerguy03

butlerguy03 Well-Known Member

Money:
    $2,105
    His name excludes him. /s

bumba, NCJon, Shimmy and 3 others like this.
  10. seadawg

seadawg Well-Known Member VIP Member

Money:
    $9,220
    Sometimes you fight fire with fire...

NCJon and Shimmy like this.
  11. estar20dawg

Money:
    $6,138
    New 247 rankings are out at least Leon Bond got quite the jump finally to right around 100, still too low in my opinion, Nick Smith is now a 5 star at 22 as well, some of these ranking are baffling, Cord is somehow not ranked as is Connor still, hard to believe there's 300+ players better than those two...

12. thebulldogs

thebulldogs Well-Known Member

Money:
    $531
    bumba and BURph92 like this.
  13. thebulldogs

thebulldogs Well-Known Member

Money:
    $531
  14. Ignatius J. Reilly

Ignatius J. Reilly Well-Known Member

Money:
    $7,288
    a few more offers:

15. SnoopDawg

SnoopDawg Well-Known Member

Money:
    $1,734
    Hilarious that Karaban got an offer from O$U the day after we did. Seems like he'll be a hard one to get, but I see a bit of Kyle Young in him.

16. ButlerGoalie

ButlerGoalie Well-Known Member

Money:
    $2,696
    I will say that it is refreshing to see so many more offers going out. Of course, the flip side to that is keeping a reasonable expectation of how recruiting is going with individual recruits. That's what at least 8 guard offers for '22? I like that they are targeting long guards for Big East play, but who do you all think are reasonable targets we can close on?

17. Ster8462

Ster8462 Well-Known Member

Money:
    $640
    2022 SF Romad Dean. New offer according to Evan Flood. Thinks every rebound is his. Butler and 4 other high major offers.

Out of Canada according to Verbal Commits profile and no profile on 247 sports but Verbal Commits shows him with 6 (including Butler) high major offers.

Last edited: Jul 22, 2021
    bumba and DawgPoundMac like this.
  18. estar20dawg

Money:
    $6,138

DawgPoundMac likes this.
  19. UDDawg

UDDawg Well-Known Member

Money:
    $9,268
  20. Ignatius J. Reilly

Ignatius J. Reilly Well-Known Member

Money:
    $7,288
    @UDDawg any guess on who they may be watching in this match?