Recruiting Notes 6.0 - Summer 2021

Discussion in 'Butler Recruiting' started by bumba, Jun 14, 2021.

1. TheDawgDub95

TheDawgDub95 Well-Known Member VIP Member

Money:
    $2,445
    Euro crazy! Seemus unlikely.

Sent from my SM-G977U using Butler Hoops mobile app

2. Shane Davis

Shane Davis Active Member

Money:
    $243
    I like to believe that Butler will eventually turn the corner and win more battles for quality bigs someday, and I think Turnbull is a start, but I don't think it will be anytime soon. Most of the bigs we've been getting have been via transfers. For some reason, Butler is not a prime destination for big guys unless they're undersized, or they want a change in the level of competition. Now, that might get better as LaVall moves more towards an up tempo offense, but kids need to see it work first.

3. WKT1955

WKT1955 Member

Money:
    $40
    You never know. It could happen. Lithuania produces a lot of talent.

4. TheDawgDub95

Money:
    $2,445
    Everything we do seemus to be kept quite the secret, for whatever reason...

AZRPh likes this.
  5. beezer16

beezer16 Active Member

Money:
    $172
    Hmmm

Sent from my iPhone using Butler Hoops mobile app

6. TheDawgDub95

Money:
    $2,445
    I'm not in the camp that we should not be in the Big East. I'm also not in the camp that we should be looking to get rid of LaVall, any time in the ne,t 2 to 3 years. After that, we will see, but I don't anticipate being in that camp nor do I want to be in that camp.

I'm very much in the camp that we can and should aspire to be a top 15 program in more years than not. I also believe we should compete for the Big East every so often. I am aware of challenges that we face in this pursuit but I am unaware of anything that prevents us from accomplishing these things. I adhere to the labeling theory. The worst thing you can do is label someone with low expectations!

Shimmy, NCJon, 2xDawg and 3 others like this.
  7. bumba

bumba Well-Known Member

Money:
    $9,344

New name?

TheDawgDub95 likes this.
  8. bumba

bumba Well-Known Member

Money:
    $9,344

Omar back in Texas today.

mwall787 likes this.
  9. estar20dawg

estar20dawg Well-Known Member

Money:
    $6,190
  10. bumba

bumba Well-Known Member

Money:
    $9,344

Can't knock the hustle. Coach O's been working the recruiting trail.

ButlerGoalie likes this.
  11. seadawg

seadawg Well-Known Member VIP Member

Money:
    $9,276
    Jalen Hooks should remain a #1 priority. The staff needs to pull out all the stops until notified otherwise.

SnoopDawg and TheDawgDub95 like this.
  12. bumba

bumba Well-Known Member

Money:
    $9,344

NCJon and znelson15 like this.
  13. Tiles52

Tiles52 Well-Known Member

Money:
    $800
    I don't know how many of you may have read the article in the Indy Star this morning titled "How Irish's defeat is playing with recruits" but I found the following quotes from CBS recruiting analyst Tom Lemming interesting:

"I don't think Notre Dame losing that game affects recruits that were visiting the same way it affects fans," Lemming said. "Notre Dame and other schools are pretty good at spinning when they lose a game on a big recruiting weekend." "What can maybe take a toll, though, is if the fans get too carried away on social media -- complaining about the head coach, the coordinator or the recruit's future position coach. Kids read that stuff. It can hurt, and it certainly doesn't help."

While he was talking about football recruiting, it would seem that this could very well apply to basketball recruiting as well.

14. Daddysmack

Daddysmack Well-Known Member VIP Member

Money:
    $156
    This!

NCJon, 2xDawg and knobcreekfan like this.
  15. knobcreekfan

knobcreekfan Well-Known Member

Money:
    $1,318
    No way. You mean to tell me that when some of a programs most loyal fans MF the head coach, call players’ talent in to question and bash the program overall…a recruit might take some of that feedback to heart?

Sent from my iPhone using Butler Hoops mobile app

NCJon and 2xDawg like this.
  16. bumba

bumba Well-Known Member

Money:
    $9,344
  17. willisbrown

willisbrown Well-Known Member

Money:
    $12,902
    There was a RT from Woods yesterday late afternoon that we had offered Jaquan Sanders ('22 big guard/small forward). Doesn't seem that is the case at least not yet. He's #142 on Rivals. Former St. John's commit. I guess there's some interest there.

18. estar20dawg

Money:
    $6,190
    According to Andrew Slater we have offered...

He's a big physical guard

DawgPoundMac and NCJon like this.
  19. firedupkaren

firedupkaren Well-Known Member

Money:
    $6,122
    Damn, no one took me up on my bet that we’d add to the 22 class…

Sent from my iPhone using Butler Hoops

2xDawg and NCJon like this.
  20. estar20dawg

Money:
    $6,190
    He'd be a big time Big East guard, before committing to St Johns had offers from Xavier, Seton Hall, Creighton, UConn, Illinois etc. Very physical, excellent defender. Offense still needs some fine tuning but gets to the rim, good decision maker and passer. Can definitely go low and post and play post defense. He's exactly what you need to play against UConn and Providence who like to just play bully ball. This would be in my opinion a monumental swing get,- their and the Big East loss, would be definitely a gain.

2xDawg and willisbrown like this.