Recruiting Notes 7.0 - The Summer of Thad 2022

Discussion in 'Butler Recruiting' started by the_speakers_lab, Apr 6, 2022.

1. the_speakers_lab

the_speakers_lab Well-Known Member

Money:
    $6,276

almost time to begin a new thread...

NCJon and estar20dawg like this.
  2. iluvsnow

iluvsnow Well-Known Member

Money:
    $1,238
    Let's get it started Dawg fans!

3. thebulldogs

thebulldogs Well-Known Member

Money:
    $553
    Anyone think Thad will go after the Davis brothers? The older once just transferred from UL and the younger one decommitted from them. Wasn't sure if they'd be a fit for Butler or not. UL and Butler offer quite different things obviously.

4. troggy

troggy Well-Known Member

Money:
    $1,135
    Insert canned laughter here.

5. bicknob

bicknob Active Member

Money:
    $233
    A few local guys reopened their commitment and I think could be good long term players for us.

Jaxon Edwards - https://247sports.com/player/jaxon-edwards-46118201/ - He's a good energetic defender who showed good shot-making ability this year. Decommited from Murray St.

Tae Davis - https://247sports.com/Player/Tae-Davis-46094806/ - Another athletic wing that could be a solid long term pick up. Also of note, his brother is transferring from Louisville and could also potentially be available.

hortonamos likes this.
  6. ConnersvilleBulldog

ConnersvilleBulldog Well-Known Member VIP Member

Money:
    $9,627
    Not trying to be rude, but there’s literally an entire Recruiting section to this forum. Wouldn’t this be better there?

jkcdawgs and estar20dawg like this.
  7. Blue Baller 00

Blue Baller 00 Active Member

Money:
    $285
    Why would I ever want to go AD FREE on this board when the current Ad algo is so good?!?!

19FD82E9-78EA-4320-BE3B-31043D1FC20D.jpeg

8. boalsdawg

boalsdawg Member

Good call, "ConnersvilleBulldog". I will also give an "aye" vote to this suggestion. Moderators, and admins, please move this topic to the "Butler Recruiting" section, and then the "Butler Recruiting" subsection.

My first prediction, drumroll please, is Robert Phinisee will be a Butler Basketball player for the 2022-2023 season.

9. mwall787

mwall787 Well-Known Member

Money:
    $2,035
  10. WDLTH

WDLTH Active Member VIP Member

Money:
    $225
    Well that's interesting. Jay Shunnar is still involved up to this point. Someone also mentioned Matt Johnson and Will V. were at the Thad announcement. How does this work? Was there not a clearing out of the staff? Are they in limbo until Thad decides whether they are staying. I obviously don't know how this typically works..... or if we are doing things typically.

11. butlerguy03

butlerguy03 Well-Known Member

Money:
    $3,500
    On the morning show interview Matta briefly mentioned the Jordan assistants (or some) were still in the office.

12. Cranjis McBasketball

Cranjis McBasketball Well-Known Member

Money:
    $2,417
    mass_dawgs, #60, bumba and 1 other person like this.
  13. ap234

ap234 Well-Known Member

Money:
    $1,007
    Sometimes members of the old staff will continue working right up until they are told they are not being retained. This happened with some of Archie Millers staff last year after Woodson was hired at IU.

BHayden, NCJon and WDLTH like this.
  14. ButlerGoalie

ButlerGoalie Well-Known Member

Money:
    $3,381
    Sign me up... Great student, Big East body and game. Would be a great start to 2023 and righting the ship long-term. And from an area in the country we don't really have inroads to currently. I wonder if this was in the works and who initiated the visit.

Tentozen, BHayden and bumba like this.
  15. Cranjis McBasketball

Cranjis McBasketball Well-Known Member

Money:
    $2,417
    He was supposed to come visit back in January but the game got postponed (SJU or SHU I can’t remember)

Sent from my iPhone using Butler Hoops

16. bumba

bumba Well-Known Member

Money:
    $10,301

Ryan James predicting Top 100 once he breaks out this summer. Yes please. Lfg!

17. BUcheer

BUcheer Well-Known Member VIP Member

Money:
    $8,818
    Open period right now so Thad needs all hands on deck. Guessing Kevin was on the road today. If we see Jay on the road then good chance he’s staying on.

Sent from my iPhone using Butler Hoops mobile app

18. bicknob

bicknob Active Member

Money:
    $233
    Adidas AAU circuit is in Indy this weekend. Going to check it out tonight hoping to see Thad there

Sent from my iPhone using Butler Hoops mobile app

19. Albick

Albick Well-Known Member VIP Member

Money:
    $2,646
    Top 100? Well, maybe.

FWIW, 2-star (79) per 247. (Not rated in Rivals.) His only listed offers are from Akron, Colorado State, Northern Colorado, and Wyoming.

Last edited: Apr 8, 2022
  20. ButlerGoalie

ButlerGoalie Well-Known Member

Money:
    $3,381
    Quick question: Who do we lose by natural matriculation next season? Only JMM? I get it that we don't know at this point, but he's the only natural senior to be on the roster right now, correct? If so, then maybe Thad saves two scholies for 2023 for class balance. I think a solid 3-man class in 2023 would be a good measuring stick.