Recruiting Notes 7.0 - The Summer of Thad 2022

Discussion in 'Butler Recruiting' started by the_speakers_lab, Apr 6, 2022.

1. seadawg

seadawg Well-Known Member VIP Member

Money:
    $10,000
    Absolutely unless needs dictate otherwise. JMM could have 2 years left if he chooses.

2. ap234

ap234 Well-Known Member

Money:
    $1,007
    I would. He’s got good size and athleticism for a wing with shooting/defensive potential. Take that and develop him over the next year since he likely wouldn’t need to see the court baring him playing out of his mind or a number of injuries.

willisbrown likes this.
  3. butlerdude05

butlerdude05 Well-Known Member

Money:
    $4,956
    2 weeks in and we have had Ali, Turnbull, Phinisee, and Bates on campus already that we know of. When have we had this caliber of recruits on campus at the same time. This is going to be a fun and wild ride.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Butler Hoops mobile app

4. willisbrown

willisbrown Well-Known Member

Money:
    $16,321
    Nice breath of fresh air, eh?

jkcdawgs, #60, bwesson15 and 7 others like this.
  5. Shane Davis

Shane Davis Well-Known Member

Money:
    $1,667
    This must be what it's like to be a high major program that people take seriously - I suppose I'll learn to love it. These 2 weeks of activity already top the few bright moments of the last 2 seasons.

bwesson15, dawgs2014, bumba and 6 others like this.
  6. willisbrown

Money:
    $16,321
    It's pretty evident the program is taking a step into more of a power 6 school. As it should have for years. If Thad can hit a couple home runs this weekend...we have ourselves a pretty damn solid roster all of the sudden.

jal8908 and estar20dawg like this.
  7. seadawg

seadawg Well-Known Member VIP Member

Money:
    $10,000
    Instant creditability...

estar20dawg likes this.
  8. PSUButlerFan

PSUButlerFan Well-Known Member

Money:
    $20,017
    Is it “all of THE sudden” or “all of A sudden”

9. willisbrown

Money:
    $16,321
    Good question. Probably not one to ask a redneck from Mississippi though.

PSUButlerFan and BUcheer like this.
  10. Staxawax

Staxawax Well-Known Member

Money:
    $13,291
    Dang willis, you’ve become so dominant he’s picking on the little things now!

Sent from my iPad using Butler Hoops mobile app

willisbrown likes this.
  11. Shane Davis

Shane Davis Well-Known Member

Money:
    $1,667
    So just to be clear- I am ecstatic about these visits over the weekend, Matta and his staff are legit and I like our chances of getting 1 to 2 commits in the next few days, I just hope we all can understand if nothing does happen and perhaps they don't choose to come here. What we can still celebrate is the fact that this staff seems to have no trouble getting guys on campus, and there's little chance that Butler will strike out on *everyone* they go after if they can keep doing that.

12. PSUButlerFan

Money:
    $20,017
    No… I’m genuinely asking. I say “A”, but Willie is certainly not the first to say “THE”. I’m curious to Poll the board.

13. shoeevv

shoeevv Well-Known Member VIP Member

Money:
    $1,019
    “A”

ButlerBoyz, 2xDawg and SlashDawgs like this.
  14. dawgs2014

dawgs2014 Well-Known Member

Money:
    $10,326
    I don’t think I realized how minor league of a operation we had been running until now. We have news like every day now.
    Granted it’s hot stove time but it feels like people care we exist again.

Sent from my iPhone using Butler Hoops

SnoopDawg, #60, 2xDawg and 8 others like this.
  15. ButlerBoyz

ButlerBoyz Active Member

Money:
    $319
    "Of a Sudden" is correct. I've had similar conversations like this with my southern family.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

16. willisbrown

Money:
    $16,321
    We talk differently down here. Better than y'all yankee folk.

NCJon likes this.
  17. BigHoss

BigHoss Well-Known Member

Money:
    $2,205

no kidding. It’s wild. It’s like we’re an ACTUAL power conference program and it’s fun as hell. Wanted to ask Jared what the overall board traffic has looked like the last month compared to the last couple years.

troggy likes this.
  18. PSUButlerFan

Money:
    $20,017
    I wouldn’t exactly classify people from Indiana as yanks…

Besides, I’m a mountain man!

#60 likes this.
  19. dawgs2014

dawgs2014 Well-Known Member

Money:
    $10,326
    Now we have to convert the news to actual meaningful progression towards winning, but I don’t know if it’s a stretch to say we’re getting kids on campus with the same frequency we were being “connected” to kids before.

Also every single person on our staff has a resume that you look at and think, “yeah that person on paper is a Big East assistant coach.”

In 2021 our three assistants had an average of 3 years d1 experience prior to being hired by jordan (all Lowry). Zero years HM.

This years staff has 10.67 years experience on average as d1 assistants. All of them have either administrative experience at a HM, were head coaches at lower levels, or interim head coaches or a HM.

Like what in the actual hell were we doing?

Sent from my iPhone using Butler Hoops

20. bumba

bumba Well-Known Member

Money:
    $10,380
    Spent the last two days at Grand Park watching mostly 2024's while following a friend's son. I didn't catch full games of the 2023's, just bits and pieces here and there. Kyle Guy Elite has several guys that look high major.