Robert Phinisee- 2022 Guard Transfer (Cincinnati)

Discussion in 'Recruiting Archive' started by butlerfan, Sep 6, 2015.

1. dawgs2014

dawgs2014 Well-Known Member

Money:
    $10,317
    Don’t think this sucks. Hope he beats Xavier.

Sent from my iPhone using Butler Hoops

bmradio99, bumba, bwesson15 and 2 others like this.
  2. Dawgedd

Dawgedd Well-Known Member

Money:
    $2,550
  3. DawgPoundMac

DawgPoundMac Well-Known Member

Money:
    $537
    A little disappointed, but of the three we were known to be targeting, he’s the one I was the least high on.

Interested to see which other ball handlers we’ll target.

Sent from my iPhone using Butler Hoops mobile app

4. Shane Davis

Shane Davis Well-Known Member

Money:
    $1,638
    Wow...I'm actually kinda surprised. It is what it is, it's not a huge deal, but I assumed it was a good matchup. I'm guessing that Cincy can provide more minutes for him, so can't argue if that's the case.

5. BU Fan in Illinois

BU Fan in Illinois Well-Known Member

Money:
    $557
    Oh well. His loss…

6. MIBulldog

MIBulldog Well-Known Member VIP Member

Money:
    $3,742
    bumba and cornette33 like this.
  7. DawgWild

DawgWild Active Member

Money:
    $223
    I noticed on his flashy Final Two Twitter pic that Cinci was on the left, Butler on the right. As people read, and think, left to right, that implied to me that Cinci was 1 and BU two. Otherwise why not alphabetical? Regardless, I think we can do better....

8. Baddog

Baddog Well-Known Member

Money:
    $6,183
    Of all the recent recruiting "possibilities" that have been mentioned, I was the least enthusiastic about this one. Short term band aid at best. I know, I say that now after he commits elsewhere. He's an okay player but really not a needle mover. Way too inconsistent. There's a reason he rode the bench more often than not this past season at I.U. Better players in front of him as he got recruited over. Not at all upset and wish him well at Cincy. Would much rather have the scholly to find a younger and better player out there. Apparently this Matta guy is pretty good at recruiting.

9. HinkleMagic20

HinkleMagic20 Well-Known Member

Money:
    $521
    We still need a point guard, and he would've been an experienced stopgap, who's a solid defender.

For a one year rental though, it doesn't kill us. It's not like he would've been a core program guy.

I would prefer a better perimeter shooter too (after suffering offensively in the AT era in that regard). We still have to land that guy though, which is easier said than done.

troggy, znelson15 and PSUButlerFan like this.
  10. HoosierDawg

HoosierDawg Active Member

Money:
    $195
    Archie plus injuries broke him. He’s a great kid and I hope he has a great final year.

Sent from my iPad using Butler Hoops mobile app

bmradio99, estar20dawg and seadawg like this.
  11. Jared Grubbs

Jared Grubbs Administrator Staff Member VIP Member

Money:
    $20,169
    I was kind of indifferent. He could help our current roster, but that speaks more for our lack of PG depth than any love for Phinisee really. I'd like to think we could find another option. But I wouldn't be surprised if next year we are wishing we landed him.

12. seadawg

seadawg Well-Known Member VIP Member

Money:
    $9,937
    I was a little surprised by his decision, but landing another PG has to be a critical priority at this point.

2xDawg likes this.
  13. mikef

mikef New Member

Money:
    $30
    losing recruits to cincy. yikes. Need to find something maybe the kid from ohio state

14. Hinkle

Hinkle Well-Known Member

Money:
    $14,101
    I don’t know what it is, but there’s something about the AAC I just loathe. I can’t imagine choosing to play in it over one of the top 6, but hopefully he gets a healthy season down there. He deserves it.

Sent from my iPhone, so it’s probably not written all that well

15. Ster8462

Ster8462 Well-Known Member

Money:
    $804
    Don’t forget Cinci I believe moves to the Big 12 this year

16. Hinkle

Hinkle Well-Known Member

Money:
    $14,101
    That’s not until 2023 or 2024 - won’t help Phin.

seadawg likes this.
  17. seadawg

seadawg Well-Known Member VIP Member

Money:
    $9,937
    In 2024.

18. firedupkaren

firedupkaren Well-Known Member

Money:
    $6,694
    I could have gone either way with this as well. If this means these minutes go to Myles I’m okay with that too. I think Myles can be a much better defender if he’s got a shot blocker behind him. Still need to fill that role but it’s clearly a priority.