Ronald Nored

Discussion in 'Former Bulldogs' started by NCJon, Nov 2, 2014.

1. cornette33

cornette33 Well-Known Member

Money:
    $1,517
    I wonder what was wrong with the job with the Hornets. Maybe he was not guaranteed to be on the staff next yr? I know he interviewed for a HC position again. Maybe it is a lateral move Title wise but money wise he is making more.

2. ap234

ap234 Active Member

Money:
    $392
    Carlisle had tried hiring him in the past but he was u set contract with the Hornets. His contract ran out and Carlisle acted. I’m sure he got a pay raise and is getting to come back home to Indiana. Plus coaching with Carlisle is a pretty good career choice with the coaching tree that he has.

Schulzy and cornette33 like this.
  3. NCJon

NCJon Well-Known Member VIP Member

Money:
    $8,813
    I have zero inside information, but next year appears to be make or break for the Charlotte coaching staff. Hard to imagine MJ keeping the coaches in place if they miss the playoffs a fourth straight season. Being on Carlisle's staff on a likely playoff team seems like a morebstable bet.

4. butlerguy03

butlerguy03 Well-Known Member

Money:
    $1,985
    Probably was tough trying to coach Hayward too. Awkward position.

5. bumba

bumba Well-Known Member

Money:
    $9,249
  6. SnoopDawg

SnoopDawg Well-Known Member

Money:
    $1,693
    If LJ doesn't work out, I would love to have Nored as the HC some day. His NBA experience will definitely attract some high end recruits.

2xDawg and Hinkle like this.
  7. firedupkaren

firedupkaren Well-Known Member

Money:
    $6,027
    I think he might be beyond our reach at this point honestly. Dude was interviewing for NBA HC jobs…

Sent from my iPhone using Butler Hoops

8. BulldogsAllTheWay

BulldogsAllTheWay Well-Known Member

Money:
    $2,079
    This. It’d have to be his dream job to come back home.

Ron is going to be a NBA head coach. Hopefully, the Pacers guy in a few years.

Sent from my iPhone using Butler Hoops mobile app

znelson15 likes this.
  9. znelson15

znelson15 Well-Known Member

Money:
    $2,089
    I am banking that it is his dream job

Lavall has two more years for me to make big runs happen. This year and next year

10. ButlerProf

ButlerProf Active Member

Money:
    $345
    I’ll likely get beat up here for this, but heck here goes.
    How much do we really know about Ronald’s coaching abilities, in particular head coaching? He’s obviously hirable as he’s been all over the place-high school, college, NBA. He’s effervescent personality wise, extremely likable, energy out the wazoo, exhibited solid leadership qualities as an undergraduate…on and off the court.
    I recall being stunned he was hired at brownsburg as head coach straight out of Butler…mostly stunned that school admin would put a first year teacher/coach in that position. Alas it lasted 1 year and he was off to college ranks, etc. I’m just wondering why folks seem to automatically advance him into an NBA head coaching position. Perhaps y’all are on target. I see him more as a college head coach someday. Will be interesting to follow his career for sure.

SnoopDawg and bobbu64 like this.
  11. NCJon

NCJon Well-Known Member VIP Member

Money:
    $8,813
    I think it's because 7 of his 9 years as a coach have been in the pros that many of us see him tracking toward an NBA head coaching job and not college. Well that and the fact he's already been interviewed, apparently, for at least one NBA job, while his name only comes up as a possible candidate for college jobs.

I think he would already be a D1 head coach if that's what his career goal is.

ButlerProf likes this.
  12. jeff

jeff Well-Known Member

Money:
    $924
    He was head coach for the Nets G league team.

13. ButlerProf

ButlerProf Active Member

Money:
    $345
    Yup, that’s true. I don’t have stats on that ex, for how long, W/L, etc. Perhaps it signals his NBA goals along with where he’s been since. IDK