Roosevelt Jones - 2011 Guard

Discussion in 'Former Bulldogs' started by Jared Grubbs, Jun 27, 2011.

1. Jared Grubbs

Jared Grubbs Administrator Staff Member

Money:
    $14,027
  2. Jared Grubbs

Jared Grubbs Administrator Staff Member

Money:
    $14,027
    South Upends North In AllStar Game

Video Highlights

The highlight I like the most above is Jones hitting a 3. That is going to be the key for him. In my opinion, if he can hit the 3 point shot at even just an average rate he is going to be a big time contributor as soon as next season.

3. Three Specks

Three Specks New Member

Money:
    $5
    this kid reminds me soooooo much of shelvin mack. he plays the same way and has a similar build. the only problem is that he doesn't shoot very well. i'm not sure what to expect out of him. has anyone actually ever seen him play? how is he in person?

4. BulldogsAllTheWay

BulldogsAllTheWay Well-Known Member

Money:
    $180
    I'd say he is closer to Willie Veasley than Mack, though Jones seems to have a much better offensive game than Willie had coming into his freshman season. If Jones can develop an outside shot, he will be special.

5. Jay Bee

Jay Bee Guest

[hr]
    If you look at the high lite reel on NBC it looks like the North won the game. Here is the True High Lite reel. The Horizon league handled the business. Jones is a beast.
    http://gallery.me.com/shelffflife#101029

6. bd5

bd5 Administrator Staff Member

Money:
    $3,286
    Wow that highlight is filled with Rose Jones. I am really excited for him and Marshall to be on the floor at the same time.

7. bd5

Money:
    $3,286
  8. bd5

Money:
    $3,286
    http://www.indystar.com/article/20120124/SPORTS0605/201240347/-b-Butler-preview-b-Style-points-don-t-matter

9. hortonamos

hortonamos New Member

Money:
    $0
    Jeff Borzello gives Jones a little shout-out in today's update on most valuable freshmen.

http://eye-on-college-basketball.blogs.cbssports.com/mcc/blogs/view/26283066/1?mcctag=Freshman%20Watch

Bulldawg likes this.
  10. Title

Title Well-Known Member

Money:
    $163
    Trey Burke visited Butler with Justin Gant vs. Loyola. For some reason they never seemed to pursue very hard, possibly because of Trice.

Aaron White would've went to Butler given the chance. He turned into Smeathers.

Derrick Gordon had signed his letter of intent already during last year's tournament but tweeted MANY times that Mack was his favorite player and he wished he could play for Stevens.

And, obviously, the center from Washington.

11. Insane Dawg

Insane Dawg Well-Known Member

Money:
    $9,975
    Supposedly Roosevelt Jones can bench press 325 pounds! He would make a hell of a tight end.

12. Irishdawg

Irishdawg Super Moderator VIP Member

Money:
    $741
    Fairly certain that was Vanzant's and Veasley's maxes as well. Certainly wouldn't consider it great for a football player at his size (there are quarterbacks that can bench as much or more than that), but that doesn't make him a weakling (just ask Olynyk).

13. ButlerGoalie

ButlerGoalie Well-Known Member VIP Member

Money:
    $4,216
    Man, what I would pay to see him attempt a 3. Perhaps he worked on an actual jumper in the Summer and will shock us all this Fall.

14. Insane Dawg

Insane Dawg Well-Known Member

Money:
    $9,975
    I could visualize a two handed set shot ala Dolph Shaves.

15. firedupkaren

firedupkaren Well-Known Member

Money:
    $4,218
    Ha, I never knew there was footage of him shooting a 3! It didn't look all that bad, just need some more legs under it.

If he could make a Veasley-like transition on his jump shot, he would be a very dangerous weapon.

16. codawg

codawg Member

Money:
    $58
  17. butlerfan

butlerfan New Member

Money:
    $6,350
    Roosevelt Jones ‏@rozayyjones21 Feb 21
    I have such a different mentality about the game of basketball... It may not seem like it but this injury has really helped me out

18. ButlerGoalie

ButlerGoalie Well-Known Member VIP Member

Money:
    $4,216
    I hope he comes out knocking down 3s and draining FTs next season...that would be pretty awesome.

----> Back to reality now...

19. butlerfan

butlerfan New Member

Money:
    $6,350
    Roosevelt Jones ‏@rozayyjones21 Apr 9
    Just got the clear to be able to full contact... It's been way too long and I can't wait to get out there tomorrow with the squad #8months

20. bumba

bumba Well-Known Member VIP Member

Money:
    $4,708
    Jon Rothstein ‏@JonRothstein ·23h
    Who is the best all-around player in the Big East? Possibly Butler's Roosevelt Jones. Missed all out last year w wrist injury. 6-4 point F.